“Best Raw/Vegan”

Christopher's Kitchen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I love CK. The food is delicious and we feel amazing after eating there. We always make a point to stop by for a bite at the restaurant or if we are in a big hurry we grab a to-go meal or three. We both love the juices and nut milks. Probably my favorite restaurant in South Florida.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was a virgin vegan until I tried this restaurant. A friend invited me and I was thrilled and surprised how absolutely delicious my lunch was. Fresh, clean, healthy, and incredibly delicious. Had a mediterranean sandwich that was loaded with avocado, sprouts, tomato, humus, etc and had a bowl of cauliflower mushroom soup that was hot thick and scrumptious. They are also known for their juice bar but I was too full. My friend enjoyed a nice sized salad and soup as well. It is a bit pricey for lunch but I absolutely will be going back to try more from this menu. I am very curious if I can be truly fulfilled vegan style.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I return and return to Christopher’s Kitchen monthly to meet up with a Vegan dining group I belong to. The back room provides a large wood slab table with highboy chairs and we find it a fun place to get together and dine. I also visit when I am in the area teaching or shopping.
I appreciate the quality of vegetables and the innovative ideas however I feel there is still a way for owner and head chef Christopher to go as far as really understanding ethnic styles and flavors.

I find the Asian dishes far too sweet, the legumes far too undercooked. The Salad with quinoa has very little grain and the prices—well those are high.

So why do I eat there? This is why: There is nothing else around that has anything near to this menu. Fresh crispy vegetables chopped and massages to bliss in a variety of salads, sandwiches and my favorite—the burgers.

Trust me; I am not in any way a “veggie burger person.” I would never purchase a store-bought variety. That to me is disgusting. I do however make a variety of delicious concoctions and my own take on bean-based burgers. My new inspiration comes from this scullery. There is one at Christopher’s worth the hour drive it takes me to get there.

I cannot seem to get off the Spicy Newporter burger. It is a symphony of flavors constructed primarily of walnuts and vegetables. This subtly warm “burger” is decorated with jalapeños avocado. I detect a hint of Dr. Cow’s vegan style aged nut cheese in this pâté—a favorite secret cheese weapon of this restaurant. I recommend it wrapped burrito style in collard greens with the addition of sprouts for extra crunch and extra peppers for added heat. I am from Arizona so the east coast idea of hot pepper is a joke to me!

Other go-to items on the menu are the sushi rolls. These innovative inventions pack a ton of textures and flavor into the seaweed wrapped cylinders. The good news is if you want additions and subtractions Christopher’s Kitchen likes to appear concerned about your needs.
Have I been blissed out? Yes. Has this occurred each time? No. Unfortunately the endless stream of new faces on the staff creates an inconsistency. Will I return? Yes. I suggest that you be very clear about what you desire with your waiter.

Please be sure to save room for desert. The chocolates are sublime and the pies are very nice as well. One of my friends devours the entire sundae for two each time she is there!
Be sure to check out the adjoining take-away store. There you can purchase Dr. Cow Cheese, Dry Olives and other amazing hard to find choices. I recommend the Cranberry Granola made in house and of course: more chocolate—good luck getting that all the way home!

PS Christopher-If you are going to keep that flat screen in the back—at least show eco-touristic imagery and natural environments. Really do we need CNN and Sports?

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is the best and most delicious vegan restaurant in south Florida. The food is very imaginative full of flavor. The restaurant itself is very pretty and chic. Always a treat to drive up to Palm Beach Gardens and eat at this place. Everything on the menu is delicious. When possible I love to sit outside an look at the fountain. My husband is officially hooked on vegan food.
Christopher's only uses the best and healthiest ingredients in his food and best of all it soy free.
Leave room for dessert and coffee so yummy.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Wanted to eat healthy and found this great veggie restaurant. Their starter soup was excellent and I had a superb veggie burger with coleslaw that was light and crunchy. My husband had the tex-mex burger and said it was spiced just right. They also have a hip wine bar and veggie desserts in a bakery case. Good place and would come again.