“Yummy and nice”

Cuisines: Sushi
Huntsville, Alabama
“Yummy and nice”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A great lil sushi house on the trail near I-95 and PGA Blvd. great prices and a for-sure go-to place ............................

Visited June 2014

Jupiter, Florida, USA
“yummm”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This place never disapoints. A lot of the time we just pick up dinner and bring it home. Their pad thai is awesome!

Visited May 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Family favorite”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We love this great sushi spot! The ambiance is warm and modern, and they actually have menus items for the kids (hard to find a spot where we can enjoy sushi and the kids find something too). We LOVE the wonton soup and chicken noodle soup. Also the lobster bomb is beautiful and delicious. Mr. Floridawolve thinks I am obsessed- he's right.

Visited May 2014
Florida
“Great decor, ok food.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The place is beautiful on the inside. The food, however, is average at best. Service could also use an upgrade. On the positive side, the price is very, very reasonable. My rating would be much worse if the price was too high compared to the food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Papi411
SF
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I scanned the other reviews before submitting my input. The restaurant appears to be very popular and is what I could consider to be a very good value. But good food and low cost means something has to 'give'. So be prepared for a wait to be seated and some delays in service. Its not that they're not trying - the staff is really scrambling. If you go in with that perspective - I think you'll really enjoy it.

Point of reference - I was born and raised in SF and was in Palm Beach for a meeting. From my perspective, there are three basic levels of Japanese Sushi restaurants. There are the ones that serve amazing good food - but they're pricing accordingly. Then there are the ones that serve marginal food but those usually don't survive. The gems are those in that middle bin - serve good to very good sushi but are on the low end of the price spectrum. I would put Sushi Yama in that middle bin. You definitely get good to very good food for what I consider to be a very reasonable price.

I got a roll and tonkatsu (fried pork cutlet). I also sampled some of the sushi that the others at the table had.

I have a very short list of places that I go to in this area and am very happy to have discovered Sushi Yama - it's definitely a great additional to my list.

• Visited February 2014