“DISGUSTING”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm Beach Shores
Sailfish Marina Resort
Los Angeles, California
“DISGUSTING”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am writing this review at 3 in the morning from the Sailfish "resort" because I can't sleep. This place is *disgusting.* Our room reeks of mildew and sewage. The beds are easily 20 years old and sag terribly in the middle - not that I would be sleeping anyway on account of the wall unit air conditioner that literally sounds like a train. But that's not the best part! This place is literally infested with bugs. I am laying on the flat sheet with all of my clothes on in the hopes that the bed-bugs won't eat me alive. I plan to burn these clothes the second I get home.

I can't believe anyone would rate this place higher than 1-star. I would give it zero stars if I could!. Words like"dated" and "antiquated" are a JOKE. Are you kidding me?! We aren't debating an aesthetic issue - this place is scary-gross. The shower looks like one you would find in a prison and the "kitchenette" is someplace I wouldn't wish on an enemy! What's more, the floors are concrete - the *clear* result of having to have the carpets removed on account of the leaky ac, which currently has a disgusting towel laying underneath it to catch the dripping water.

The only positive element about this place is the fact the on-site restaurant has a bar. Without the cocktails I would never have been able to convince myself to stay the night. I've got about 3 hours left until the sun rises and I can get the hell out. I think I'll spend that time researching what I need to do to ensure the bed bugs I am undoubtedly sleeping with don't catch a ride home with me.

STEER CLEAR!!!!

UPDATE:
When the sun came up I immediately woke my 3-year-old to find his sweet face positively riddled with terrible bed-bug bites. Now I am REALLY furious. This place should be condemned.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Coco G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After reading previous reviews, I was worried that the accommodations would be less than adequate. But our group was attending a wedding and had the entire Randy's Landing booked. I even brought my own sheets and towels and bug spray, just to be on the safe side. Well, none were needed! I inspected the bed for bugs. None, and the bedding looked brand new. Towels were fluffy. The shower was clean. We stayed in a front unit, #9, which had a great view of the water. There is a full sized refrigerator in the small, clean kitchen. Do bring paper towels, and a sponge if you plan on using it. The staff couldn't have been nicer, although I had to phone several times initially just to make my reservation. Dock right out front. The water is clear and great for swimming just down the seawall steps. Restaurant and bar were great. Remember that this is basically a fisherman's resort, older and not fancy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eve14
Westport, Washington
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I like very small motels with a funky feel, so this was prefect for my faimly. Lots of boat traffic it was fun to watch. Bed was comfy, but if your looking for frill it's not here, just basic. We enjoy fishing off the docks.

Room Tip: The house is right on the water.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I took our boat and went to Sailfish Marina for 4 nights. We loved it! The docks are a few hundred yards from the mouth of the inlet, and you can catch mahi 1/2 offshore. There was live music every night, and the food was good. The rooms are dated but comfortable. There is a wonderful craft/arts fair every Thursday night that has been going on for 30 years. It is first and foremost a fishing place to stay, so non-fishing folks might get board or want to stay on the mainland side of the lagoon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Sailfish Marina is a great spot for a weekend stay, right on the water, beautiful clear water, great marina, next to the inlet, terrifc restaurant and very good service. But we spent this past weekend in their hotel building two doors down from the restaurant called "Randy's Landing". The resort obviously bought this row of hotel rooms and use it as part of their total rooms available. These rooms were lousy, old, very old, antiquated, I wouldn't say they were dirty but they didn't feel clean. Ancient bathroom fixtures, the water out of the shower barely had enough pressure to make it beyond the nozzle. Bed was old and lumpy. We had several couples in our group and all who stayed in the building said the same thing. Those who stayed in the building next to the restaurant said their rooms were nice. Guess we just got unlucky but it was very surprising when everything else was so nice. Don't stay in Randy's Landing building if you can help it. The food was great, the service/staff was excellent.

Room Tip: dont stay in Randy's Landings building
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank stinegolf
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We took the 12pm Then & Now tour for 90 minutes from Sailfish Marina. Boat was comfortable with plenty of space on a busy Saturday (though we did reserve a day ahead). Our knowledgeable Captain cruised down the Intercoastal along beautiful peanut Island & one incredible mansion/yacht after another. Very informative and interesting on calm turquoise waters. I would definitely do it again! We also had lunch afterward at the Marina restaurant, great Ahi Tuna Caesar & Chicken quesadilla! Don't drive around palm beach, take this cruise!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a terrific place to bring visitors -- providing you take them for drinks and appetizers and eat outside at one of the many patio high top tables. The ambience is great -- authentic Florida coast bar, located at a marina dock. We've had dinner, indoors, twice and wouldn't go back. Mediocre food and loud, tourist infested ambience. But for appetizers and a margarita on the patio? Fab! (Try the dolphin fingers - yum!)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown
Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Down...
#7 of 34 in West Palm Beach

Been to Sailfish Marina Resort? Share your experiences!