“Great stay”

SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
Dunedin, FL
“Great stay”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Seaspray Inn. Although the property is older it is well maintained. Despite other reviews of terrible smells and conditions, we found it quite comfortable. The room was large, as was the bathroom. For an extra $5/night we had a microwave and mini-fridge, which was very convenient. The closet was large, and there were plenty of dresser drawers. Our room had a nice LCD flat screen TV. The balcony overlooked the pool/ sundeck area and we could see the ocean between the trees of the nearby park. The staff was courteous and friendly. It was disappointing to find the restuarant is no longer open for dinner. Overall, it was a pleasant stay at reasonable rates (especially for the peak of the season on the beach) and we look forward to staying again on our next trip to the Palm Beaches.

Room Tip: Rooms facing toward the sundeck/ pool area have angled balconies so you can get a view of the ocean
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DunedinDale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
mi.
Reviewed 26 February 2012

old hotel that i thought was kept up pretty good, clean ,close to beach

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank buddymi
Mexico
Reviewed 23 January 2012

A little shabby but a great budget place to stay. Beautiful beach with dunes still covered with native greenery. Big rooms, small baths. Staff a little grumpy but still a real deal for the money. Enjoy it now because it is going to be sold and turned into a boutique hotel.

Nice breakfast on top floor overlooking the dunes and ocean. If you want a big , fancy resort this is not for you. If you want everything perfect, go somewhere else but if you want to enjoy a low-key, pleasant place on the nicest part of the beach and convenient to everything, this is for you.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susan G
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 January 2012

For the past 15 or so years I head down to West Palm to see my old college roommate during the spring or summer and always stay here at the lovely Seaspray Inn and Beach Resort. When I first started staying here is was a Best Western, the best one that I've ever seen; so no wonder it was bought out and turned into the Seaspray Inn and Beach Resort at slightly a higher cost which is well worth it.

The times I have stayed here I have always gotten the ocean view rooms with a balcony that overlooked the pool and beach. But once there wasn't an ocean view available and I had to stay in a street view room which was equally as nice with two balconies, one on each side.

Not only is this a nice hotel, but it is in a great location as well on Singer Island. We are able to enjoy the beach during the day and at night walk down to Riviera Beach to enjoy the nightlife provided by some of the bars and clubs down there.

I highly recommend staying here when in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank M B
Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 November 2011

literally on the beach. Just walk out the back door.Great view from the penthouse restaurant which serves breakfast and lunch. Several interesting restaurants in the neighborhood. Very expensive condos and resorts otherwise around here. No fridge or microwave though.

Room Tip: We did not pay the extra for an ocean view. Our second floor room had a nice balcony with a view of...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dgauss
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I was 9 months pregnant and traveling with my almost 2 yr old. We had a confirmed reservation at this hotel and were looking forward to some time together on the beach to relax and break up the long drive we were on.

When we arrived I was told that the person staying in my room decided to stay another night and they did not have another room available but could put me in a smoking room. I reluctantly went to look at the room and it was disgusting and reeked of smoke.

The hotel is very run down, smells of mildew, the pictures depicted are not an accurate portrayal of the overall property. I was treated very rudely and disrepectfully. It took me almost 2 hours (while thunderstorming) to find another hotel that wasn't booked with a hungry 2 yr old and very tired myself from driving all day already. I called the general manager 3 times to speak to him about my experience and he never returned my phone call. The hotel I stayed at - Crowne Plaza off of the highway said they should have reimbursed me for what I paid to stay with them since I had a confirmed reservation but I could not get anyone to return my calls.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank keysgurl
Alameda, California
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We found this hotel in a Florida Travel Saver guide (which has been extremely useful for all other hotels besides this one). I had a bad feeling when the man at the front desk was unfriendly and seemed as if we were keeping him from whatever it was he was doing in the back office before we arrived. We paid an additional $20 to have a room overlooking the beach. Well.... our room overlooked a back parking lot. You couldn't even see the beach. If I squinted and stood on my tippy-toes, I could see some water waves.

Then I turned on the water to take a shower. The tub immediately filled up with yellow sulfur-smelling water. It was completely plugged up. No way around it.... I had to stand in a full tub of this water in order to shower. Yuck!

Other than that, the room wasn't all that bad. But I will never go back there again and I wouldn't recommend anybody else to stay there. There are plenty of hotels in that area, and I'm sure they'd make you feel more welcome than this one.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisa94501
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!