“Go Somewhere Else”

SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
Newnan, Georgia
“Go Somewhere Else”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Wow. I don't know where to start, but to say that if I had written this review before speaking with management, it may have been just a little bit better. What a cocky, inconsiderate attitude this dude has. We checked in for a 4-night stay, and asked for 'ocean view'. In order to see the ocean from our 2nd floor room, we would stretch our necks just to get a glimpse. Also, we were told that we HAD to pay in full for all 4 nights, and their lame excuse was because we were 'cash' customers (LOL). I've heard of a 2-night minimum but never a 4-night. Really??? Besides, we offered to leave a credit card on file for the remainder of our stay after paying for the first night, so that we would have the option of checking out or staying over each day. You will use public access to get to the beach (nothing special about this). This hotel is being renovated and has been for quite some time & we were told it is becoming a Comfort Inn. Well, sad to say that progress is extremely slow. We were greeted at the front desk by people who are not qualified in customer service (except for the Jamaican guy). Their attitudes are that they could care less if you stay there or not and furthermore, they really seem agitated about working there. This is the off-season for this region and the room rate was overpriced ($129.99 + tax) for what we got, and considering that the renovations taking place interfered with the a/c and a horrible odor in the halls, not to mention that the carpets are filthy and need replacing. Get this: they even put in an extra charge of $1.00/day for a safe that is located in the room closet that doesn't even work!!! When asking the manager about all of this, he simply replied that this is the way Comfort Inn does business. I DON'T THINK SO!! P.S. - if you want to use the coupon in the hotel magazines you pick up at the Florida rest areas, don't book your room ahead of time because they will not accept it. Would have rather paid $100/night extra at the Marriott. The only good thing about this place is Sandy and Cynthia who were our servers upstairs at the restaurant. They would be better off getting jobs over at Marriott where they would make more money and the customers are happier.

Room Tip: No such thing as ocean view---don't pay anything extra here. Matter of fact, don't book a ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank gagoldgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cocoa beach
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Where on Singer Island can you stay in a clean, safe and comfortable room, have a tiki bar with super drinks and a karaoke (sp) party? SeaSpray Inn of course! Room was average, fun was off the scale. Complimentary breakfast at top of the spray was very good. Very reasonably priced. Can't say enough about this old Florida style place. I understand the construction/reno will lead to a chain hotel in near future. But I bet the locals will continue to frequent the Tiki Bar. Pool is small but refreshing. Great experience for our group of divers from Cocoa Beach. Hope to rinse and repeat.

Room Tip: Second flor that opens to tiki bar is great if you like the entertainment and happy vibes. otherwise...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ceebean
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My whole family was going to West Palm and I wanted to join them, but I wasn't going to leave my dogs behind! That's when I stumbled upon Seaspray. I was a little reluctant, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it absolutely needs a makeover, from the outside to the halls, to the rooms, but I had 2 non-negotiables that I needed in a place: pet friendly and CLEAN. This satisfied both of those. I also have to say that the customer service was fantastic and no matter who was at the front desk, they were always friendly and willing to help. I would have rated this place as "Average", but the great customer service and cleanliness kicked them up to "Very Good". A few asides: Bring your own conditioner, they only give you shampoo. There is a little kitchenette in the room, but my refrigerator didn't seem to be cooling properly, so don't rely on it (to be fair, I never asked for anyone to come check it out, because I didn't really need it). Parking was extremely convenient and right in front of the hotel, never struggled to find a space. Hope this helps!!

Room Tip: If you have pets they will place you on the first floor which is actually VERY convenient!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mallory M
Reviewed 16 May 2013

As a person who works in the hospitality industry I try not to say negative things about establishments. However, after staying in this hotel I was very disappointed. We found roaches in our room late that night, and politely told the front desk. wanting to inform them of there problem. The lady at the front desk was rude, but offered us to leave then with no charge. Had it been earlier in the night we would have. Overall, the location is close to the beach, they are pet friendly which is good. The service wasn't good at all and the rooms were not as clean as expected.

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Lauren B
Middletown, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We recently stayed at the SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort from April 5th through April 9th and was very happy with this pick. For the price, you can't beat the location. It was steps away from the beach and a short walk from a few cool restaurants and shops. Even nicer, a full, cooked to order breakfast was included in our rate. Service was outstanding. The front desk staff and our server each morning in the restaurant, were super friendly and charismatic. Our room was actually quite large for a hotel room and offered a balcony with a view of the ocean and pool. Although the room was a bit dated, keep in mind for $139.00 per night, this is not the Hyatt. More importantly, the room was clean, everything worked, and maid service attended our room on a daily basis. A big bonus in this price range was having a small kitchenette in our room with a sink, refrigerator, a microwave, coffee maker, AND dishes! Only other hotels on the same level (Hampton Inn-Juno/Jupiter Beach, and the Holiday Inn Express Oceanview) that offered the same amenities and were within walking distance to the beach were priced $30 to $50 bucks per night more. Only two negatives (in my opinion). First, there were no chairs around the pool to sit at. Although there really isn't much room for chaise lounges in that area, there was certainly room for chairs. Second, the pillows on the beds were square and just odd for bed pillows. The Inn needs to invest in some good quality pillows. That's it...so all in all, the SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort was a great value!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelLover13b
Langley, BC
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks from Feb. 19 to March 5, 2013. All the staff was very friendly and knowledgable. Rooms not fancy, but clean. The restaurant on top had excellent food and very friendly staff. It was a delight to eat there. And the breakfasts were complimentary...BONUS!!!. Had an oceanview room and decided I wasn't using the view enough so asked to switch to a cheaper room without the ocean view. Because it wasn't very busy, the manager let me stay in my room (to avoid me having to pack up all my stuff) and gave me the room at the lower price I would have moved to. I was thrilled!! Upon checkout at 4am they had forgotten to include my AAA discount and there was no one available to correct the error so I just paid the full amount. I sent an email a few days later and within a week I had the extra charge credited back to my Visa card without any fuss. Again, I was thrilled!! My only complaint is that the wifi didn't reach my room. I could get it down the hall by the elevator and in the lobby but not in my room. For me that was a minor inconvenience, but for some I'm sure it would have been a real pain. All in all, I had a great time, the room was quiet and reasonably priced considering the proximity to the beach and the nearby hotel and that it was the high season. Thanks so much to all the staff. You were wonderful!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dagmar G
Lorraine, Qc, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed here in January for 4 weeks - it was a perfect vacation - very nice staff, very good room for us and our two little dogs - it was the paradise for us and them.
Our room was on the first floor having pets - it was perfect even if we couldn't see the ocean from our room. We had two small problemes solved fast.
Everyone from housekeepers to cookers were very nice.
We couldn't ask more.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort and Vac...
#2 of 4 in Palm Beach Shores
#3 of 34 in West Palm Beach
Colony Hotel
Colony Hotel
#4 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!