“Pleasant Surprise”

SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I will admit, at first after reading some of the reviews on here I was reluctant to book a room at this hotel.. However, upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. Looking back on my stay, I have to wonder if some of these reviews were talking about the same place that I had stayed at

. This property has an EXCELLENT location (next door to a Marriott, but a fraction of the price) right on the beach. The employees were very kind and courteous, and made us feel very welcomed and right at home! The building itself was pretty average, but the rooms were a good size, and most importantly, very clean! They had a continental breakfast, nothing crazy, but a nice little bonus is always appreciated.

I have never felt compelled to overspend on hotel rooms. It seems like you are never in them anyways, so why not save a few bucks and spend it on your vacation instead? This hotel had the best rates on the island by FAR! There is no doubt that I will be staying at this hotel every time I visit anywhere in South Florida!

Room Tip: I would save the money on an ocean view room until they have finished renovating the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Craig P

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here early January. Saw a picture of a beautiful big pool when we were looking for a place for a couple of nights before a cruise. The price was a lot more reasonable than most places on the beach but we figured we just needed a restful place to stay after spending the previous 19 days with family and before heading out on a cruise.
We knew it wa old but as long as the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, we could see the ocean and swim in a decent size pool, we would be happy. We'll the first 2 were fine. Although very dated and needing a lot of upgrading, it was clean and comfortable. As for the ocean view, same as a previous review-- had to stretch our necks out over the balcony(2nd floor) and look through a bunch of very tall palms. We were very surprised when deciding to have a coffee on the balcony in the morning , to have a beautiful view of a Pepsi truck in the parking lot. Could not see beyond the parking lot while sitting down. We paid an extra $20 a night for an ocean view. The pool was half the size of the one the web site showed, I think they must have removed that picture as even the people on the desk did not recognize it. The lady in the breakfast room was most pleasant, but I like having a little more for breakfast than the limited choice offered.
I did complain about the non existent ocean view and was begrudgeingly given a refund.
We were given a great recommendation for dinner-- "Three Drunken Goats" just a couple of blocks down the street. Certainly worth a trip to singer island itself.
So......if you want a cheap place to stay so that you can enjoy the island and walk on the beautiful beach and you can get the place for $120 or less, it's good value. If you are looking for something a little more up-scale, choose another property. I imagine it will be a lot nicer once it is up-graded but it will surely cost a lot more then.

Room Tip: If you want to see the ocean from your balcony, top floor only option. I climbed up the outside sta...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank divecrazygramma
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Wow. I don't know where to start, but to say that if I had written this review before speaking with management, it may have been just a little bit better. What a cocky, inconsiderate attitude this dude has. We checked in for a 4-night stay, and asked for 'ocean view'. In order to see the ocean from our 2nd floor room, we would stretch our necks just to get a glimpse. Also, we were told that we HAD to pay in full for all 4 nights, and their lame excuse was because we were 'cash' customers (LOL). I've heard of a 2-night minimum but never a 4-night. Really??? Besides, we offered to leave a credit card on file for the remainder of our stay after paying for the first night, so that we would have the option of checking out or staying over each day. You will use public access to get to the beach (nothing special about this). This hotel is being renovated and has been for quite some time & we were told it is becoming a Comfort Inn. Well, sad to say that progress is extremely slow. We were greeted at the front desk by people who are not qualified in customer service (except for the Jamaican guy). Their attitudes are that they could care less if you stay there or not and furthermore, they really seem agitated about working there. This is the off-season for this region and the room rate was overpriced ($129.99 + tax) for what we got, and considering that the renovations taking place interfered with the a/c and a horrible odor in the halls, not to mention that the carpets are filthy and need replacing. Get this: they even put in an extra charge of $1.00/day for a safe that is located in the room closet that doesn't even work!!! When asking the manager about all of this, he simply replied that this is the way Comfort Inn does business. I DON'T THINK SO!! P.S. - if you want to use the coupon in the hotel magazines you pick up at the Florida rest areas, don't book your room ahead of time because they will not accept it. Would have rather paid $100/night extra at the Marriott. The only good thing about this place is Sandy and Cynthia who were our servers upstairs at the restaurant. They would be better off getting jobs over at Marriott where they would make more money and the customers are happier.

Room Tip: No such thing as ocean view---don't pay anything extra here. Matter of fact, don't book a ro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank gagoldgirl
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Where on Singer Island can you stay in a clean, safe and comfortable room, have a tiki bar with super drinks and a karaoke (sp) party? SeaSpray Inn of course! Room was average, fun was off the scale. Complimentary breakfast at top of the spray was very good. Very reasonably priced. Can't say enough about this old Florida style place. I understand the construction/reno will lead to a chain hotel in near future. But I bet the locals will continue to frequent the Tiki Bar. Pool is small but refreshing. Great experience for our group of divers from Cocoa Beach. Hope to rinse and repeat.

Room Tip: Second flor that opens to tiki bar is great if you like the entertainment and happy vibes. otherwise...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ceebean
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My whole family was going to West Palm and I wanted to join them, but I wasn't going to leave my dogs behind! That's when I stumbled upon Seaspray. I was a little reluctant, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it absolutely needs a makeover, from the outside to the halls, to the rooms, but I had 2 non-negotiables that I needed in a place: pet friendly and CLEAN. This satisfied both of those. I also have to say that the customer service was fantastic and no matter who was at the front desk, they were always friendly and willing to help. I would have rated this place as "Average", but the great customer service and cleanliness kicked them up to "Very Good". A few asides: Bring your own conditioner, they only give you shampoo. There is a little kitchenette in the room, but my refrigerator didn't seem to be cooling properly, so don't rely on it (to be fair, I never asked for anyone to come check it out, because I didn't really need it). Parking was extremely convenient and right in front of the hotel, never struggled to find a space. Hope this helps!!

Room Tip: If you have pets they will place you on the first floor which is actually VERY convenient!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mallory M
Reviewed 16 May 2013

As a person who works in the hospitality industry I try not to say negative things about establishments. However, after staying in this hotel I was very disappointed. We found roaches in our room late that night, and politely told the front desk. wanting to inform them of there problem. The lady at the front desk was rude, but offered us to leave then with no charge. Had it been earlier in the night we would have. Overall, the location is close to the beach, they are pet friendly which is good. The service wasn't good at all and the rooms were not as clean as expected.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We recently stayed at the SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort from April 5th through April 9th and was very happy with this pick. For the price, you can't beat the location. It was steps away from the beach and a short walk from a few cool restaurants and shops. Even nicer, a full, cooked to order breakfast was included in our rate. Service was outstanding. The front desk staff and our server each morning in the restaurant, were super friendly and charismatic. Our room was actually quite large for a hotel room and offered a balcony with a view of the ocean and pool. Although the room was a bit dated, keep in mind for $139.00 per night, this is not the Hyatt. More importantly, the room was clean, everything worked, and maid service attended our room on a daily basis. A big bonus in this price range was having a small kitchenette in our room with a sink, refrigerator, a microwave, coffee maker, AND dishes! Only other hotels on the same level (Hampton Inn-Juno/Jupiter Beach, and the Holiday Inn Express Oceanview) that offered the same amenities and were within walking distance to the beach were priced $30 to $50 bucks per night more. Only two negatives (in my opinion). First, there were no chairs around the pool to sit at. Although there really isn't much room for chaise lounges in that area, there was certainly room for chairs. Second, the pillows on the beds were square and just odd for bed pillows. The Inn needs to invest in some good quality pillows. That's it...so all in all, the SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort was a great value!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelLover13b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacat...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach - Oceanview
Best Western Palm Beach Lakes Inn
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens Hotel & Suites & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gar...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

Been to SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!