“Just a two night stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
jsidebo
“Just a two night stay”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed on the Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast while visiting St. Augustine. It wasn't a bad drive into St. Augustine maybe 30 minutes and it's far less expensive to stay a few miles from St. Augustine. The hotel is located very close to I 95.

We had a junior suite. It was a nice set up with two TVs. The living room was good sized and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was not too big but it was workable for a short stay. The room was clean. The biggest complaint about the room was that in the middle between the living room and the bedroom is where the refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot are set up. There is no light in this area! You had to open the bathroom door and turn the light on or use a flashlight. It's just a poor room design. It could have used more lights or brighter lights in the living room as well.

We ate the full breakfast at the hotel both mornings. Omelets, home fries and bacon and it was great. The hotel was pretty full both nights but if you got to breakfast early it was fine. If you ran later it could be crowded. The service at breakfast was good. I believe Linda was our server both days.

The staff was very helpful at check in.

Both nights we ate at the 2nd Palm Coast exit about 5 miles north of the hotel. There seemed to be a variety of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New York, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Very Clean, Helpful Staff, just what we were looking for in a 2 night stay. Rooms were clean and neat. Coffee machine in room. Staff was very helpful as well. We had reservations, and when I checked in it was literally a 2 minute process

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel and I expected nothing less, because when I travel I have on two choices for my accommodations and a Hilton Gardens is one of them. I was there the weekend of Dec 6th-Dec 8th.

The staff was great check in was a breeze we stayed in Suite 421 absolutely huge and I love when the picture on a website looks exactly like the room itself.

Breakfast was great and again the service was excellent. Later on that day we decided to go to the pool and spa area which is always a plus factor for me.

Here what you need to know before going to the pool/spa area and if you have kids be very careful and check the water and under the ladders. My roommate was on holding on the rail of the ladder went all of a sudden she yell out something bite me and before we could get to her from the hot tub she yelled out again something bite me again. We got her out of the water and I spotted a black bug hiding under the ladder as you get out of the pool.

I picked up the emergency phone and told the front desk lady that my roommate got bite by some sort of bug in the pool and we need help and to know if the bug was deadly and the possibility of taking her to the hospital emergency that was right across the road from the hotel.

She called the maintenance person to fish out the bug that we saw, but before he had a chance to do at that I spotted across the pool a larger black thing as we moved closer it was another bug maybe about 3 inches long and about 1 inch wide....OMG... I got chills up my spine GROSS!!!.

The smaller bug that bite my roommate bite her so hard it punctual her skin through her swimsuit you could see it and was bleeding a little not much. The front desk lady was very nice and came out it bunch of creams and ointment from the first aid kit.

She also went back to the office and looked up the bug that bit her on the computer as we found out it was not poison to humans but to it's prey it is certain death, but it leaves a painful itching and burning where it bites you for hours.

Even thou it was not deadly that was blessing and she did not have a reaction to the poison the discharged into her body. But child or adult that suffers from allergy reactions to any kind of sting or bite will surely have a different effect to this bugs bite and will be sick.

After that we all were truly paranoid even in out room looking the possibility of an bug being in our suite between the bed sheets, cover's sofa chairs.

Not a great way to remember a hotel stay also I was there on business to scope out a look location to have our women club event in 2014.

But I don't see that happening now I would not feel comfortable for any of my attendee's after this experience and what a shame too it is such as beautiful hotel and the location is great too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jarrieta55
DABTC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast. Our outdoor heated pool and spa area is one of the outstanding features of this hotel. Guest' appreciate being outdoor in the sun and fresh air as opposed to an indoor pool and it's walled confines. We are sorry that Florida's wildlife caused such dismay. If we could eliminate these types of insects and bugs, we would. Unforetunately, these bugs are indicative to Florida and on occasion we have to deal with them. We are sorry that you and your party crossed paths with these water bugs, and that there was no long term harm. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Palm Coast.
Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Fantastic hotel in a great location for visiting our in-laws. Was very impressed with every staff person that we encountered. Food was good and the drinks at the bar were perfect. Kids came back with us and utilized the lovely swimming pool.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Miami, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The location was close to the highway. The property was beautifully kept. Outside the room bathrooms were impecable. The restaurant was clean and friendly service and excellent food. We had internet access. The paper was available at the bar down at the breakfast location. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Olga F
Marietta, GA, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was a personal trip for my wife and I. This was our first time at a Garden Inn. This hotel is extremely clean and staff is very attentive. The mattress was too hard and pillows too soft (even though we asked for extra pillows. We were not able to sleep well for the three nights. For the money we paid I think the price per night should be lower.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A welcoming atmosphere and lovely hotel. Spending time with family from overseas. We had the best time and appreciate the attentiveness of staff and help finding great local restaurants. Service in restaurant and food were excellent at dinner and breakfast. Staff very accommodating. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple