“nice Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed 1 August 2014

my wife and I stayed here for one night returning from NY to South Florida. Upon check in I asked if possible to have a room on the top floor facing the parking lot . the very helpful desk attendant Xani checked and had none of the King rooms that meet that criteria . I told her thanks for checking and she went ahead and upgraded us to a King suite on the top floor facing the parking lot ! What a wonderful room , comfortable bed, seep rate living area, massive shower as well.
Coffee available 24/7 in lobby . breakfast was good, plenty of choices and the person in charge was busy working, filling and cleaning the entire time, he has much energy.
Management should be pleased to have employees such as Xani and the man ( who's name I didn't get ) working the breakfast area . Would stay here again for sure .

Room Tip: Choose top floor facing the parking lot for quiet
1  Thank Wayne N
Jeremiah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your great comments regarding our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your praise to both Xani and David for their excellent service. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95

Reviewed 31 July 2014

service was friendly and place was clean!! little off the main towns but that is what we were looking for!! They did send us to some nice restaurants in the area!! Breakfast was also good!! Not the best but very good!!

Room Tip: good stopping place
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear you were happy with our staff and cleanliness. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a middle of the road hotel, close to I-95 which makes it very convenient. The rooms are clean but relatively small. The pool is a great addition for entertaining children. Breakfast is included with the room. It is plentiful, with a wide variety of selections. Stayed overnight on our
way to Orlando, Fl for a birthday celebration and a little golf.

Room Tip: Next time I think we would select a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeremiah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and pool. Thank you for your business.

Jeremiah

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were very happy with our stay over this past weekend for two nights. Very quiet and we were on the first floor (and we believe the hotel was full). Room was clean and up to date. We would have liked to have a fridge but our room did not have one. Loved the walk-in shower! Our king bed was very comfortable - which is important to us because of back problems (and I really like the bedding along with 5 pillows!). The breakfast was larger than we expected and our server worked hard to keep up with so many people eating - he did a great job. Front desk is friendly and informative. Plenty of parking. Easy on and off of I95 and plenty of good eating places close by or within 2 miles.

1  Thank luvthecaribbean

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. I'm glad to hear that our staff went out of their way to be helpful and that the room was comfortable. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stopped here one night on a road trip to South Florida. I chose this area since it seemed on research to be a step down in price than staying in the St Augustine area and not too much farther - our trip was not to beaches or activities in this area but simply a road trip. As a midscale franchise hotel this did the trick although I would have to stay that it was a step down in my experience with another Fairfield in Pennsylvania - which was more upscale/perhaps newer. The front desk manager explained that each Fairfield is different which I found surprising since I thought Marriott enforced a standard decorating scheme but I guess there could be variances depending on the time the hotel joined the franchise program and/or was constructed.

I didn't clue into the fact in researching the hotel choice that only a very few rooms have fridge and microwaves - the front desk manager on duty said that they were in the process of investing in this upgrade but you would have to request this in advance and it was not guaranteed unless you booked a suite - but perhaps that will change if they invest in more fridges/microwaves. He did accommodate our request for a fridge after checking in and moved us, which was appreciated.

The bed was fine and seemed relatively new - but one thing that seemed the same as the other Fairfield was the very thin bedspread that was more of a frilly topsheet and didn't provide much warmth. This was the same as the other Fairfield. I have to say this is the lowest quality bed product I have stayed in, and if you're the person who likes a cozy duvet - you will be disappointed.

Free wifi no issues. Free breakfast was great - eggs, bacon, sausage, usually other items and well monitored and stocked. Coffee was a bit of a letdown, even the "darker" blend. It would be a dream for the chain midscale hotels to stop using the low quality foodservice coffee and invest in Keurigs.

Pool was outside - note that, since in nonsummer months not sure if it would be heated but it was very warm when we were there. Hotbub blower jets were nonfunctional and the front desk clerk said " oh yeah, it's broken but we called maintenance" - at 1 hour before dusk on a Saturday night, I seriously doubt my hot tub experience will be enhanced by the "maintenance guy" showing up and actually having jets working but at least it was a proper hot tub temperate - probably 100-101F. Pool was definitely salt. Pool was outside so you access by going out the front door lobby and walking to the area which was attached to the main building - a little odd but worked at least for the summer.

The hotel is located off the Palm Coast I95 interchange - in an area of 4-5 chain hotels, with franchise restaurants nearby like Cracker Barrel, Mcdonalds etc - and a Publix 2 min down the road for room and road supplies. One tip is the gas station a block away from the hotel was about 30 cents a gallon more expensive than the next short stop down the I95 so wait to fill up if you are low heading south, or look for other alternatives.

Room Tip: request a fridge/microwave in advance if you want one since most rooms do not have them yet - reques...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beachman727
Jeremiah L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. You are correct with regards to the Marriott standards. Marriott continually comes up with new hotel designs every few years. Each Fairfield has to incorporate the most current design at the time it was built. Also for the winter months our pool is heated. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

For a relatively speaking middle to low end hotel, the facility was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Rooms were quite comfortable and the air conditioning was quite silent.

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable.

The complimentary breakfast was quite good and had a fairly large number of choices. The breakfast area was very clean and nicely laid out.

We have friends that live nearby and we will use this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bruce W

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. Your business is always appreciated and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

staying here for a few days for the Daytona race (30 miles away), room is clean and comfortable, air works well, staff is very pleasant and helpful, pool which looks like nothing special is really warm and I think saline. Great for swimming laps. about 2 miles from the beach but not far from gas stations, places to eat, etc. Good neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingrid S

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. I am always glad to hear positive comments about our staff service. We won Marriott's gold award for guest service in 2013. Thank you for your business.