“Poor Service”

Thai Korner
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A simple yet elegant space, thoughtfully decorated featuring Thai and Japanese cuisine as well as sushi/sashimi creations. Please note: The last seating for lunch & dinner is 15 minutes prior to restaurant closing time.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I have eaten at Thai Korner many times over the past few years and have generally enjoyed the food. The service has been spotty at times, but never a major issue until our last dinner. We went on a Saturday night and it was crowded. I ordered a sushi combo dish and my wife ordered a Thai dish. We got our drinks and waited a bit and then my wife's entree came out after our salads.

After about ten minutes I still did not have my sushi combo so I called the manager over. He said they were busy and the sushi bar was backed up. I said I recognized that, but asked why my wife's dinner was served without mine. Pretty basic stuff. He said it was ready and they did not want it to get cold. I asked him why they did not coordinate to get the food out together and he got argumentative and rude with me, refusing to acknowledge that I had a valid point.

After my wife finished her dinner, mine finally arrived. I had to watch her eat and then she had to sit there and watch me eat for 20 minutes. An awful dining experience. No true apology and most disappointingly, no adjustment to the bill for a truly dismal dining experience. We will never go back

I wrote the owner and he apologized and agreed they had handled it poorly, but once again no offer of any compensation for the miserable service. I have never had an issue like this at any restaurant ever. I have had meals comped, drinks comped, free deserts, etc for issues way more minor than this. Incredible that you would treat a customer like this.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This meal was AMAZING!!!! Best Thai I've had in Florida hands down! We had the Paradise salad, reissuing wine to drink (served in a chilled wine glass), featured beer, lobster pad thai, soft shell crab with veggies and ginger sauce...with black rice, mango ice cream, sweet sticky rice, the roll wrapped in cucumber served with seaweed salad, and the piña Colada roll. Everything was fresh, perfectly prepared, and just amazing! We plan to be regulars from now on.

4  Thank Nikiah W
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Without a doubt one of the best places to eat in Palm Coast. The Pad Tai and won ton soup was very, very tasty. We plan on going here again before our holiday ends. The staff was very friendly and our server Dylan a polite and knowledgable answering any questions we may have had. Don't pass this restaurant by.

2  Thank TDawkLondon
Reviewed 5 March 2014

A truly wonderful experience in Palm Coast. Food is great, restaurant clean, professional management, and helpful wait staff. One of the best restaurants Palm Coast has to offer. A true Treat!!!!!!

2  Thank NYCDPM
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The Thai food here is bland. Flavor is missing. I've been to Thailand multiple times and this doesn't compare to authentic Thai food at all. If recommend Thai by Thai in palm coast over this any day.