“We had a wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hammock Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hammock Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Crystal Beach, Florida
“We had a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

We visited the Hammock Beach Resort over Memorial day weekend. The service was excellent. Everyone from the valet, the maid and the swimming pool and spa attendants were helpful and accomodating. The room was very nice with a great view. The grounds and facilities were all impeccably kept. The only recommendation that I would have is that the pool areas were extremely crowded and did not have enough chairs. Also, the adult pool should really be for adults. There were numerous children and babies in the adult pool and I would have preferred a quieter enviornment.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

We got married here at the end of the month. Stay here three times a year. Perfect family place.

• Stayed August 2010
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

The resort property and the views are impeccable. My picky boyfriend had no complaints (a first!). The service was great, had an issue with beach chairs not being available and the staff tried to accommodate us as much as possible. The restaurants are a little pricey but pretty good. Not a lot of options, but I did have a fried lobster (Delfinos) that was amazing. We also tried to stay another night but it was too expensive, but they were able to offer us late checkout which was greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: The Lodge rooms are closer to ocean
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

I was cautious going into this resort as I read a lot of reviews and not all was good. we went over Memorial Day weekend so we knew it was going to be a mad house. First, the place is just beautiful. It was a very relaxing stay from begining to end. Our room was beautiful, though the 1 bedroom isn't really a 1 bedroom but more like a typical hotel room with the long suite with a sitting area at the end. I have to say that I have stayed at many upscale hotels in my life this one had the BEST bed I have ever slept in. Even the pillows were great. I slept like a baby the whole time. The food was GREAT. The service was great, and that could have been bad considering it was a very busy weekend and people tend to slack off on service when it's super busy. all the employees were super nice and accomodating from start to finish. I loved the Kid Crew. They had lots of activites for the kids all over the resort, all weekend. I loved that. Although, I am not sure if they do that many activites 'complimentary' on non-holiday times. The pool was great, several different pools to suit your style. I would have easily given this hotel a 5 for rating except for the pool issue. It clearly states that you cannot hold you pool lounge chair for more that 30 minutes if you aren't at that pool. Clearly this rule isn't taken seriously, or enforced. we got to the pools early right after breakfast and ALL (and I mean ALL) the lounge chairs were "taken" by being covered up with chair towels and other things though there were very few people at the pool. I mean, there had to be over 100 lounge chairs over all the pools in the main area and we couldn't find ONE open chair and there were only a handful of people in each pool. This was not cool. People go and save their chairs bright and early then head over to breakfast. so we were able to swim by putting our stuff in a open corner somewhere but we never could just lay out and relax anywhere at the pool. also, be prepared to walk a lot. there are weddings going on a lot and they cut off traffic around the MAIN outside area near the wedding time. we had to walk a LONG way around the out skirts and through the parking garage to get to the main lobby to get back to our room. That's not right. Yes, the other reviews about waiting long times for someone to come get your bags for check out is true. You will be waiting a LONG time for them so just bring your own bags down. all in all though it's a great place and we will go back again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank radiant1028
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Recently I stayed at Hammock Beach for a long weekend with my family. My mother-in-law was part of our group and she has COPD. Having stayed at this property before, I knew it was quite large and due to her condition would need a wheelchair to get around the property. We called the hotel in advance and were told they did not have any wheelchairs to reserve on the property (we were surprised by this given the size of the property, the fact that aging boomers are a primary travel audience, and that we have stayed at "lesser" properties and were easily accommodated). They did offer a nearby resource where we could rent a wheelchair for the weekend. Once we got the chair we were surprised to learn that the resort does not have any automatic doors. The doors to enter and exit the elevators to the floor of your room are heavy and can not be easily pushed or pulled from a wheelchair, the doors to the outdoor areas are the same, and public restrooms in the resort do not have automatic doors either. This greatly limited the independence of my mother-in-law and someone needed to accompany her wherever she went to ensure she could effectively get around the property. Also, the elevators don't seem to be in user friendly as they close very quickly and on the person in the wheelchair prior to getting all the way in. While the resort was beautiful, I would not return again with someone who used a wheelchair or had other accessibility needs as this resort has not given any thought to "user friendly accessibility".

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank irishupfl
nlindgren, Public Relations Manager at Hammock Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
Dear "Accessibility",

I am so sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to previous stays at Hammock Beach Resort and thank you for sharing your feedback on our accessibility issue. When you are not faced with those limitations each day, it can be easy to overlook such needs. However, I ensure you we at Hammock Beach Resort value each of our guests and will look into ways to make our guests more at ease and ultimately, more independent.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to see you again.

Nikki Lindgren
Director of Public Relations & Communications
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

My boyfriend and I booked a King suite in the main tower at the beginning of May to celebrate 10 years together. We had a great time and wished we could stay longer. It was not busy and we enjoyed the leisure atmosphere.
The staff were all very friendly and enjoyed talking to us.
This is a cashless resort so you just bring your room key around with you and whatever you want plus gratuities are charged to your room. This is great so you don't have to carry money around but you have to pay attention to what you are charging!
We had reservations at the Atlantic Grille restraunt on site. It was not busy so we had a quiet romantic meal overlooking the ocean and the food was absolutley wonderful!
We purchased the unlimited golf package and we golfed the Ocean course the next morning. What a great course and we had it to ourselves! It was challenging and beautiful and different from any other course I've played. We liked it so much that after we relaxed a bit we played again!
We had supper at Delphino's that night and again the food was great, with freindly staff. It was also romantic with tasteful italian decor and dim lighting.
The next morning we played the Conservatory course. This course is also really nice and unique. We will be back to play again.
The room was very clean and quiet. We had a view overlooking the indoor pool building and pool area. We could see the ocean from our balcony on the second floor. The bed was very comfortable.
We went down to the hot tub, which there are two large ones to choose from along with a big indoor pool, and had a nice soak.
Regretfully we were not able to stay long enough to enjoy the beach, which looked very inviting and almost deserted (which is a plus in my book). We also would have liked to visit the Cigar bar and Loggerhead's lounge to play some pool. The lazy river would have to wait for another day too. There is a 3 tier pool area which looked very fun.
There is a toll road to the property which cost us $2.
There are a bunch of businesses just 15 minutes away but you have to pay the toll every time you cross that bridge back onto the property.
We will be planning on coming back to this place in the near future.

Alpharetta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

We had a fabulous time. We purchased ocean front and although our first condo was ocean front , you couldn't see the ocean due to a pool and pool wall so we asked to be moved and they accommodated us quickly. In some reviews, that might have sent someone over the edge but I was pleased they made the change so quickly for us with no problems. The next room was fabulous in every respect. I don't normally participate in trip advisor because I think its usually full of bad experiences and not the millions of good ones that people experience. Sometimes it seems that only the people who want to retaliate come here to post their complaints. I thought I would share what a great facility this is and tell you that my children and their two friends, had one of the best vacations ever. So did us parents!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
#1 of 10 in Saint Augustine Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Palm Coast I-95
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Palm Coast

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!