“Vacation hell” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast
“Vacation hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This was by far the worst place I ever stayed I had to switch room s because the washing machine started smoking you need it because you have to wash your own towels they don't exchange them our room was filthy and they have 1 8 building s with 4 units in each and only 2 cleaning ladies when I called for maintenance the security guy showed up I said the air is set on 68 it's 75 in here he said it's cooler than outside really thanks this is not a resort

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Louise S
Michael S, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Louise S,

We apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. As you can see from many of our recent reviews, this is not typical of our resort. Because of the specific issues you had, please feel free to contact , Peter Pasca, our resort manager at the resort to discuss your stay . 386-445-0637.

Legacy Vacation Club

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here from July 12-17th, and thoroughly enjoyed this facility. My husband and I were in Palm Coast visiting family, and we couldn't have picked a better place. Our second floor, two bedroom/2 bath unit was roomy and clean. The pool was sparkling and the grounds were well-cared for. The "lagoons" that wind through the property have some really, really big koi that charmed my grand-daughters when they visited us :)

The shops at European village are within walking distance, and the Italian restaurant there (Messaluna's Pizzaria) is handy for take-out, too.

We would recommend this for anyone, and especially for families. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank deltadame
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi deltadame

Thanks so much taking the time to write this great review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again real soon.

With Warm Regards
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent the week (6-13 July) and had a wonderful time. The rooms we had were 2 bed / 2 bath and very spacious. We enjoyed the 3 flat screen TVs with HD feeds plus at least one DVD player as well as the large screened-in porch.
The activities director, Karen, was super and we enjoyed lots of the games throughout the week. The palm coast is less commercialized than many parts of Florida so we enjoyed the peacefulness. The area has lots of sidewalks that are great for evening strolls and running.
I'd strongly recommend the place and would definitely be interested in staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FLSteve
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hi FLSteve

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We will be sure pass on the accolades to Karen. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

westbrook, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at LEGACY VACATION CLUB PALM COAST from 6/8 - 6/15. Upon arrival you can tell that the resort is dated and not made out of modern upscale materials (all rough sawed wood). But the interior of the unit is clean, spacious, and up-to-date.

The unit has a large combination kitchen, living room, dining room with ample closets, drawers, and seating. The master bed and bath are great with a full size hot tub and a king bed. The second bedroom is adequate with a queen size bed. The patio must be 20' long. The furniture is simple but adequate.

Before visiting I looked at both Expedia and Travelocity to see what the weekly rate would be. They both posted no availability. Upon checking in I asked their occupancy for the week and they said they were full. All during the week we noticed that the parking lots were about 25% full. Later we learned that about 50% of the units are in foreclosure, possible explaining the empty units. Anyway I meant the pool was not crowded at all.

Never the less several guests indicated they have stayed at Legacy Vacation Resort multiple times. In addition, on the last Saturday night there was an influx of one night visitors.

We enjoyed our visit and liked the accommodations. They beaches are fantastic so long as you stay away from Flagler Beach. Try Hammock Beach (16th Road - at end), but there is a poor outside dining scene in Palm Coast.

We recommend the resort for a quiet vacation so long as you are not hooked on the most upscale places.

Room Tip: Second floor is best for me.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank biggdaniel
Michael S, Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi biggdaniel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your time at our resort. I did want to take a moment to clarify your comments about foreclosures and our occupancy. Unfortunately the information you stated in regards to foreclosures is incorrect. In the timeshare industry there is delinquencies and our rate is not much different than industry average (which is much lower than you quoted). However this does not affect the amount of units used. Our resort has 68 units, and that week you stayed with us, we had 66 units available, with 2 units out of service to receive new HVAC systems. Also, our 68 villas are spread out across nearly 22 acres so even when we are full, it appears we are not. For most of the week you visited us we were fully occupied. Because of where we are located, many guests use our resort as a base to go and explore St. Augustine or Daytona, as well as enjoying the beautiful beaches of Palm Coast and Flagler Beach which I hope that you did as well.

Again, we appreciate your kind comments and feedback, and we hope that like many of our others guests, you decide to make a return visit to Legacy Vacation Resort of Palm Coast.

Gretna, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were trying to plan what became known as our "Budgetmoon" and this property fit into our pricerange thanks to Groupon. It was both of our second marriages and with three young kids between us we didn't have a lot to spend on our honeymoon. I stumbled onto a groupon for this property and so we took a chance. To be honest, I was expecting it to be nice but wasn't expecting too much for what we paid. We were VERY pleasntly surprised! Our two bedroom villa was HUGE and the washer and dryer were a lifesaver. The whirlpool tub was a very nice addition to our stay and was great for relaxing in. I will note that I didn't do my homework very well and thought it was closer to Orlando than it actually was. It wasn't an awful drive but when we were there we encountered a lot of construction between Palm Coast and Orlando so it was around a 2.5 hour drive for us one way. That is in no way shape or form the fault of the property, I just thought it was noteworthy since Orlando is such a popular destination. The grounds were clean and quiet and they are located VERY close to a beautiful walking trail and a Kyak rental facility. I would highly recommend the Kyak rental, it was a beautiful and relaxing adventure. We were very close to St. Augustine which was a very fun day trip!! Overall, we would go back for sure and it would be great for our entire family or just us again. Very clean and felt like home. One last tip...if you check in after the office closes, you need to call them on the phone right by the office door (I believe it was on the wall to the right of the door) and they will give you a code to unlock the lock box that contains your keys. You then need to stop by the main office during business hours to sign the paperwork. We were not able to do this until the second day of our stay but be careful about that because your key is only good for 24 hours. Just as an FYI so you can plan ahead!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy S
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi Amy

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and we appreciate the kind words. Please come back and visit us again real soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our second trip to Legacy. Yes it is an older resort, but most of the problems are cosmetic. Some of their items need to be replaced. Two bedrooms and the layout for an older property is really good. Everything you could want in a condo.
We had a couple of concerns and they fixed them within 15 minutes.
You are so close to St. Augustine and Flagler Beach and many good restaurants. Try the European Village, great food.
Even your own chorus of frogs.

Room Tip: No elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bomac114
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hi Bomac114

Thanks for the kind words and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just returned from a little anniversary getaway, wanted to stay in St Augustine but I could not find anything reasonable price and decent (plus I waited to late) stumbled on this and went because of the good reviews on here. Was very pleased, it is a little older but very clean. I have lived in Florida all my life and let me tell you, this is much nicer than anything you will get on the beach for this price.(I read tons of reviews everywhere about it, because I learned my lesson years ago. Hotel photos are deceiving, always look at the visitors photos if they let you on whatever site your on, they usually look much different than the pro pics! If the hotel room is 100 or less a night on ANY beach in Florida, I guarantee you, it will be icky, you'll be sleeping with the roaches or hookers will be on the next corner, sorry to be so harsh but its the truth. I have lived in Fl for 50 years.This one is a nice place, 2 beds, giant jacuzzi tub, full kitchen, great place for families to.Not a Hilton but very good. Best beach nearest is Flagler beach 10-15 min, turn right on A1A (quiet family beach), St Augustine about 25 minute drive, turn left on A1A, its a beautiful drive. I did want to say staff was very accommodating, we live an hour and a half away. Our car overheated, had to have it towed home and we got another vehicle, so we called them and we did not make it back until almost 12 at night. They left us key cards in a lock box, was so glad. Still managed to have a nice weekend. There is no maid service, which I kind of like, its just like renting a cabin, or it is actually a condo so if you have ever done that.You need to get your own essentials, they provide starter stuff, like a days worth of coffee, little soaps, towels and such etc. Lots of things to do, pool, hot tub at pool, tennis, shuffleboard, lots of golf courses and restaurants in Palm Coast.We just went to Publix and got snacks and potato salad, bought Kentucky fried, so I didn't cook at all. Plus we went out also. And there are tons of frogs croaking at night because they like the stream running through the whole place, they were loud but I couldn't really hear them inside. Just on the screen porch (they cant get in) Just want to comment on the person who thought the stream was gross , it just has living plants and algae in it, which it needs in order to keep the Koi fish alive, they can not live in chlorinated Disney style water. Quiet place, not for party or Spring breakers. Best for families and mature persons. Left a couple of my own pics, you can see it truly is nice.I remembered to take a couple just for review. I feel bad for people who book something unknowingly, I am glad there are review site like this. Last thing... very clean but not perfect, you feel as if you can be normal,you may find scratches from wear on some of the living room furniture, or a drywall repair somewhere just minor things that shouldn't bother anyone, its just a clean older place.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so ask for a ground floor if you cant do stairs, its only 2 story though so t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vickie214
Michael S, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts-Palm Coast, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hi Vickie

Thanks for the kind words and Happy Anniversary! We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you vacation with us again real soon!