“Warm and Welcoming!”

Red Roof Inn Palm Coast
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed at this location for 2 days rather than go to our usual place...what a great surprise. We found the staff to be the best. From the front desk clerk, to housekeeping, to their general workers.. were very professional and always warm and welcoming. This place is in a great location with easy access to Rte95 and had a variety of locations for restaurants, gas, stores and etc.all presented on a map...easily read and found. The rooms are good size, clean, and ours had a micro and refrigerator. The bathrooms were good with plenty of hot water and pressure and a nice flat screen TV. Breakfast had assorted pastries, yogurt, coffees, and waffle machines. The price was most reasonable and our request for a bottom floor room was easily granted.This hotel also had a pool and hot tub and plenty of easy parking....the grounds were very well appointed.
We travel to this area from the North at least twice a year and find it's location great for Daytona and St. Augustine visiting. We had a great 2 days and hated to leave but know that we will be returning in the future...thank you for a great and memorable stay!

Room Tip: This hotel has 2 floors...all inside doors...and an elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sesuit2
Tommi A, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

I am speechless! What a great review of our hotel and staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You were right about the great location of our Red Roof. It is convenient to all types of food, entertainment and attractions that are only a short drive away. The staff and I want to thank you and we look forward to your next visit. Call us at the Inn and we can have everything ready for your return. Again, thanks and hope to see you soon.

Happy Traveling!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I miss-read the room description when making reservations for 3 aging persons, but TOMMI quickly remedied the situation to our satisfaction. She made our day after a lengthy travel. Housekeeping was off just a touch, but no real biggie. The staff was very pleasant, and I would stay at this location in the future. It rivaled some of the 'higher priced' motels that I have visited. Thanks again, TOMMI.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Tommi A, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for the great review on our Red Roof Inn. All of us try to go the "extra mile" for our guests. I was glad to change your accommodations so that the room selection best suited your individual needs. When you travel our way again, be sure to call and I can have everything ready for your check-in. Look forward to seeing you soon and happy traveling.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn at Palm Coast, FL. My mother was rushed to the ER while on vacation so this was a very unexpected trip for me. Even though it was bike week, I was able to get a room at a very reasonable price while other hotels either had no rooms or were booked solid. After traveling over 7 hours to get there, I was a bit concerned about the property and room. The staff greeted me with a warm welcome. When I got to the room it was very clean and fresh. I was very impressed. I've stayed at many hotels as I travel a lot with my job so I have stayed at some top hotels and some that were very sketchy. Red Roof Inn could rate up there with those at the top of my list. The morning staff was just as warm and friendly. I can't say enough about the accommodating and friendly staff! Thank you so much for being there in my time of need!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Tommi A, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Tera,

Thank you for the review on Tripadvisor. It was so nice of you to take time to review our Red Roof. We all hope that your Mother improves and the next trip to we can make sure you have some time at the "beach". Let us know if you plan to visit this area and I will make sure to have everything ready for your visit. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel for five years running. The rooms are recently beautifully remodeled, the service is excellent and the people are top notch. We stay for Daytona's Bike Week and the location is perfect to get to all the local sights and activities. Would recommend this hotel to anyone with no hesitations.

• Stayed: March 2014
Tommi A, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Well, Bike Week for 2014 is over and now we are looking to next year. Our guests who travel to Bike Week are really special people. The staff and I always enjoy having them visit our hotel. Thank you for taking time to do a review and the comments about us where just great. We hope to see you again next year or even better, maybe sooner. Thanks again and happy traveling.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn at Palm Coast, Florida for the Daytona 500. Room rates were very fair and the staff was excellent. Tommi was especially helpful. I plan on staying there for the Daytona 500 next year as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Tommi A, Manager at Red Roof Inn Palm Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review of our Red Roof Inn. All of us look forward to having our racing fans back each year and I am glad you are planning to stay with us again in 2015. The rains came this year, but did not dampen the spirit of racing. Everyone seemed to have a great time and all of us at the Red Roof feel lucky to get to join the fun. Look forward to having you again and call if you are going to be in the area before next February and we can have everything ready for your visit.

Happy Racing!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We only stayed here b/c we could not get a room in the hotel we usually stay at and b/c we read on Trip Advisor that this hotel had been recently renovated. Room was musty and unfinished. It must have been a room they were working on "renovating" because the base cove was missing all around. The paint and sheetrock had been torn off when they tore the old base cove out and it looked pretty terrible. Worst yet, I was charged $220.99, $164.99, and $64.99 plus taxes for a room under "renovation". The room was clean. The room amenities left a lot to be desired. You are given one sliver of soap for two people to share between the sink and shower and two tiny shampoos for one-time use. Towels and sheets were dingy and not crisp and white; we even had a washcloth with a hole in it. The room does not have a closet. There is a unit where the TV is located that has 3 drawers and an area that is supposed to be a closet where the iron and ironing board are stored. This unit was not secured and if you open the drawer and door at the same time, the unit starts to fall forward. Alongside this unit is a table where the refrigerator and microwave oven sit. The refrigerator is not secured to the table and when you open the door, the refrigerator slides off the table. If I had children in this room, this would have been a very dangerous situation. The hair dryer in the room is antiquated and stops working to cool itself off as you are drying your hair. So you have to give yourself extra time to be able to dry your hair. When I called down to get a manual one, I was told they do not have one. So make sure to bring your own. The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired but if you are just looking for some fresh fruit and coffee, this was fine. The noise in the halls came right under the door as well as hall lights because there is a big gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. The mattress was comfortable but the pillows were terrible. We asked for other pillows, but we were told they did not have any. Because it was the week of the Daytona 500 race, there were no hotels available in the area, so we had to stay put. The staff is always very nice, polite, and helpful. At check-out, we were given a discount of $45 off of our bill which was very nice, but we should have been told by the person who checked us in that we were getting a room that was under construction.

Room Tip: Make sure at check-in that the room renovation has been completed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank notjustbows63

From all of us at the Red Roof, we are sorry your visit with us did not meet your expectations.

Sincerely
Tommi Allred

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We entered the first room we were given. The hallway smelled pretty musty. The room smelled very bad. we were given another room and before we entered the staff sprayed air freshener but the room still smelled almost as bad, severly musty. We had to actually go to Walmart and buy several of the Renuzit air fresheners.
the rooms are paper thin. No joking, i could here every word people in room next door were saying and even when they sneezed . We could hear every time the elevator door rang, every time the ice maker was used down the hall.
We paid for 2 queen beds and i garauntee you that they were only full beds. Hubby and I had to sleep separate beds.
Another note is that there is only a shower in the microscopic sized bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

All of us at the Red Roof in Palm Coast are sorry that your visit with us did not meet your expectations. All comments about our Inn are taken seriously and we strive to make our guest feel welcomed and we hope to offer a friendly atmosphere to all that stay with us.

Tommi Allred