“PASS!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palm Harbor
Ponca, Arkansas
“PASS!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Well, Where should I start.... Cop car in the parking lot in the back arresting someone...Well you would say, not the hotels fault. I say Yes it is..Who do they allow to stay there.. ( Long time rooms ) Three Kitty Cats in the window of a room, Stuff stored 2nd floor against the blinds that you see from down below... Coffee offered Wait, Not offered, She just pointed, so weak I thought it was tea. OK, OK, But, Room had a damaged door ( 219 ) 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap on the door so bad to could see light coming thru! Shower curtain rod hanging...Yea, hanging to the point I moved it to make sure it wouldn't fall on me! Cracked tile, stained rug... NOPE, Not a good stay...Oh, and I contacted corporate RRI two weeks ago via e-mail, with Pics...Nothing! Shame, I am a Red Card member.. Oh, the Police... When I asked if it was OK, the reply was" You're Not from here are you" And I stupid didn't get the message.

Room Tip: Skip all together!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Unless you are really hard up for a place to stay, PLEASE bypass this hotel. Shady characters loitering in the parking lots, sneaking out of the shrubbery, the property is nasty & dirty - inside and out. The a/c unit in our room did not work and when we reported it to the front desk the attendant said that she didn't know how to fix it. The room was so dirty that we had to wear socks on our feet! The cheap bamboo "stuff" that was stuck onto the floor to make it look like hardwood flooring was peeling up and was covered with some sort of black gritty soot. We can not even think of one good thing to report about this hotel. The best thing the owners/operators of this location can do is demolish the whole property and sell it to somebody who knows how to operate a hotel. Seriously.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, book at the Hampton Inn or somewhere else that is close by.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Palm Harbor hotels

Burkesville KY
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed there last April 2012. Was iffy at best. Went back this month..Nov. 2013 and was surprised remodeled rooms. Carpet was dirty. and they didn't clean our room second day, but other wise pretty good. Don't agree with 50.00 deposit if u pay cash. Said it was a damage deposit. Well she gave it back upon check out with out looking at room. Nonsense. Wonder why they INSIST on this. Probably will go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
redroofpalmharbor, Owner at Knights Inn Palm Harbor, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy that you are able to see our upgrades and the time and effort we are putting back into the property for our guests experience. We are upgrading all of our rooms, and next time you come back, you will be even more Wowed by us.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This place really should be either fixed up by a new owner, or bulldozed. We made the mistake of staying here, and we found bedbugs in 3 rooms that we tried.I caught and killed one giant one so that the Indian owner would not continue to deny they have a big problem !!!
Just look in the seams of the mattresses , you cannot miss it .
Make sure to look at some websites on bedbugs so that you know what to look for.
This stay still disturbs us, although it was quite a few months ago, but I dont want anyone to take these bedbugs home, and have a huge infestation problem at home.
These hotel owners don't think it a big deal. they just want to collect your money and too bad for you, its not their problem.

Room Tip: Stay in a tent. Its much safer than Red Roof in Palm Harbor. I will bet anyone the owners will tel...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I just recently stayed at the this establishment and I must say reading the reviews I was a little nervous but could not pass up the price. I'm so glad I did not rely on the reviews this hotel was a great value we stayed in the king executive room I don't know if this made a difference in our experience compared to other's but our room was perfect we had a mini fridge, a microwave, flat screen tv, and the bathroom had granite. The location was perfect we were 10 minutes from dunedin, about 20 minutes from clearwater beach close to tons of shopping the mall was about 5 minutes away an outback next door honestly I don't understand half the reviews and i'm a very picky person we have stayed at many elegant hotels and I was happy for once not be charged a resort fee, a parking fee, a fee for wifi nice change. Our wifi was free, the parking was free and we were able to park right in front of our room. I read that the rooms had bugs our room did not have any bugs the house keeping did a great job I always bring my own blankets and pillows the house keeper made the bed nicely using my blankets. The hotel is situated in the back off the main road which is nice very quiet the front desk was nice. For 47.00 I can't complain about anything with our visit. We booked this hotel basically for a place to sleep since we were at the beach the whole time. This hotel was way better than what I thought it would be we will be back in october very happy with our stay. I think some reviews on here need to be more realistic I didn't experience any of the things I read. Over all very happy

Room Tip: If you would like a nicer room go with the king executive room ours was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

We stay at Red Roofs with our dog, and this location supplied all the usual plusses. The worst thing was, no L-shaped desk like at other locations. The desk is very small.

All in all a great stay though. Great location for exploring the Gulf beaches.

• Stayed June 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this place for 5 nights knowing that it wouldn't be a "hilton" property but needed something affordable and close to the beaches. It completely served it's purpose! The only negative was a really uncomfortable (hard) bed. Otherwise it was clean, accommodating and affordable!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn

Been to Knights Inn Palm Harbor? Share your experiences!