Having spent the previous night in an excellent 3 star hotel near Bush Gardens, the family and I were travelling around on a rainy monday. In need of good accommodations, we came across the Lake Tarpon Resort online at a reasonable price.
The location was convenient to where we were, and the good stops there.
Though the desk clerk was accommodating, her neutral attitude and overall distraction with her cellphone was offsetting.
The room had a nice view of the canal in the back. The hotel is very old and the rooms have not been kept up. Every metal surface (Lamps, switch plates towel racks) were rusty. The electrical appliances in the room were in disrepair and somewhat dangerous. (Akin to staying in a third world country.)
The scariest part started at about 2 in the morning. With our small children sleeping in the bed, came loud pounding on the door. Scared me half to death.. I didn't answer it, and they went away.
At about 4 in the morning, someone was trying to knock our door down. Cursing and pounding mercilessly... I picked up the room phone to call the police, put the phone was in disrepair. I found my cellphone, and contacted the front desk. The man said he would walk over to see what was going on.
Nobody ever came by.
The breakfast consisted of a plastic wrapped truckstop danish and a cup of coffee. In their favor, the coffee was not bad
All in all, one of the worst motel experiences in my 25 years in Florida.
I was fooled by the supposed 3 star rating, and my expectation of a non-eventful restful night was turned into a hair raising sleepless odyssey.
I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances. Would have been better off in the car..
Run away from this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a beautiful, waterfront, Mediterranean style hotel, nestled quaintly around our boat basin, which adjoins Lake Tarpon. Lake Tarpon is a 2500 acre (10 Km) sports & recreation lake. All of our spacious rooms have a beautiful waterfront view of our boat basin. Our rooms consist of standard rooms with 2 double beds or 1 king size bed. Relax around the pool after a fun filled day of fishing, boating, golfing, sunning or sight seeing. When the day is done you will sleep peacefully, in a bed so comfortable you will want to take it home with you. We are confident you will return again and again, to enjoy the pleasure and comfort of our hotel. We are located across from Innisbrook Golf Course & Spa, just minutes from the Historic Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, Brighthouse Baseball Field & Gulf Beaches. Meeting Rooms, Banquet Rooms also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tarpon Hotel Palm Harbor
- Palm Harbor Best Western
- VISTA Hotel On Lake Tarpon Florida/Palm Harbor