“So-so”

VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Palm Harbor
“So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The resort was nice with a great view. Alligators came out at night. The morning staff were very rude, in fact when I asked for a receipt the girl threw it to me. She initially wouldn't give me one, which I found to be worrisome. Almost was overcharged when I did view my receipt.
Also poor to no internet service. No refrigerator or microwave in room. Breakfast was a joke. Cant even call it breakfast. Didnt even offer milk. Room was clean and we did have hot water so that was a plus. Dont think I would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristi T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Booked my room online.
Pictures looked very nice, price was very reasonable.
Get to the front desk only to be told by Lisa, that I would have to wait four hours before I could be put into a room, which is not what my reservation said. Obviously not a concern to her. No kind of help. Very poor customer service. Have to push my entire day back so I can sit in their uncomfortable lobby chairs for the next several hours until I can get a shower and on with my business day. Sure hope the rooms are nicer and more accommodating than the women at the front desk. Will not repeat my stay here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank carol anne g
York, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel last year for 2 weeks on vacation. It had a cool tiki bar and restaurant onsite. It was called Dockside. It had live entertainment every night. This year the breakfast was minimal at best . The property is getting more outdated each day and it has non restaurant anymore. A staff member said that the hotel had just changed ownership and that the old restaurant is coming back. If that is the case we come back and try it again next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Devin T
Miami Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have been coming once a year to this area for 20 + years for an annual event we have in the area. This motel has been the nicest on US 19 and the most inexpensive . The view is not of a parking lot but a canal on Lake tarpon . You have a lovely large balcony on a canal, a sound proof room and a lovely king size bed. It is super clean. They have upgraded the bed linens and the room is large. Breakfast ,, well it isn't anything to write home about but really ,, you are on US 19 there are a zillion places to have breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for the middle , you will be able to see down the canal to the lake
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Waterloo, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Booked through Expedia. Excellent price. Arrived March 25. Room was clean and comfortable third floor over pool. No highway noise. Most staff were friendly and accommodating. Disappointed in "breakfast" as was just prepackaged muffins and danish during week. Weekend...fruit and bagels were
added. I understand the resort is under new ownership and will be reopening their restaurant around June. Pool and hot tub very nice. Loved being on a canal that led to lake...very pretty. People fished and kayaked. Would defiantly go back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvs2travel444
Monroe, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Drove 22 hours to arrive a little early so called to see if we could check in early. Told our names etc. Said no check in till 3. We drove the rest of way and got there at 12 so thought we would just check. Took confederation from ORBITS and went in girl TOOK looked at it and said check in at three. Came back a little after three to hear manager explaining to someone they didn't have a pet room cuz someone was staying extra nights. Than I was helped by another staff. Gave my reservations.....no rooms under my name or reservations number. And sorry no room spring break. Next. There I stood what do I do. I asked and pointed out the two previous time we talked to them and gave our names why didn't they tell us than. No you didn't but it was the Danes girl both times. She responded not our problem call ORBITS. Took 4 hours to find another room at over 100 a night more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Leah S
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Found this 'Resort' on Groupon-getaways. Seeing we were already in Florida, thought we'd try the new area. The price was attractive enough that we thought we'd give it a try.One of the upsides is that it is on a waterway and there are lots of birds and turtles, so this made it interesting. The bed was comfortable for sleeping, other than that the rooms are tired with poor lighting. We made the mistake of picking up the bedspread and throwing it on the bed one morning and the maid came in and left it that way (guess she thought it was now 'made'). There is no breakfast to speak of, other than coffee (it wasn't very good and we aren't overly picky) and prepackaged sweet buns. There is a pool and a hot tub with a number of chairs and loungers, but the pool was very cold and you bring your own towel(luckily we had beach towels with us). It is located on a handy main road/hwy and not too far to get into Tarpon Springs, which was very interesting to see. Also a few restaurants are located within a mile or so. Nothing in walking distance. There is a fridge and microwave in the room, which is handy.
The young woman at the check-in counter was very friendly and helpful and gave us a first floor room when we asked.
Overall, not a resort, but the value seemed in line with the price.

Room Tip: If you want to be by the pool, make sure you request rooms on the correct side of the waterway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yacht Harbor Inn
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL

Been to VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon? Share your experiences!