“A Bit Disappointed”
Review of Olde Schoolhouse Restaurant - CLOSED

Olde Schoolhouse Restaurant
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We've driven past this restaurant quite a few times and I've always wanted to stop there. We finally did yesterday and I was pretty disappointed. When we got there, it took a while for our server to appear. When she did we ordered drinks and that took even longer. There weren't that many people in the restaurant at the time ( about 4 tables). When we went to order, I asked if there was a kids section on the menu and was told no, but they offered grilled cheese with fruit or chicken fingers with fries.My son did enjoy the chicken though. I ordered the Cowboy Beef and Cheese wrap. It was okay, but the meat had a bit of gristle in it so I had to discard a few of the pieces. It came with a half hand full of chips that tasted store bought. I hope that we just came on a bad day because I was really looking forward to eating there. I don't think I will go back to try it out again though. I don't normally write reviews about restaurants, but I felt I should share this. Unfortunately, I feel the prices were a little too steep for what I received.

1  Thank Amber B

Reviewed 28 June 2012

like the decor but the food can be hit and miss and prices tend to be on the high side. they used to have the BEST pies but not so much anymore.

1  Thank travelfamily9
Reviewed 22 May 2012

From our condo on Honeymoon Island, the Olde Schoolhouse is our favorite dining spot. There is always something interesting on the chalkboard menu, and the full page listing of reasonably priced specials always pleases. We enjoy the ambiance (but DO request padded seating, as those wood schoolhouse benches get old FAST). Service is always personal. We enjoy speculating about the original of the antiques in the decor. Overall, I prefer this restaurant to more expensive "elegant" places because of the interesting and varied offerings.

1  Thank VillageGypsy
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We decided that we wanted to try a restaurant we'd never been to before, so decided on one, but found out that had a special event, and was packed with people. We were hoping for something more relaxing than that, so ended up at Olde Schoolhouse Restaurant on Alternate 19, in Palm Harbor. We're glad that we did. We were greeted by a friendly and patient hostess, who let us look at the menus before being seated. It took us only a few seconds of perusing the menu to see that there were many good choices, and the prices were reasonable. We didn't like the first table she showed us to, so she patiently found a table that was not way back in a corner where one of us would have to face a wall. Our server was friendly, and efficient. Although she made it clear she was overwhelmed with the number of tables she had, I'd have never noticed by the service we received. I was disappointed with the lack of choices with salad dressings. Nothing very interesting or unique. Husband got the blue cheese, but wasn't prepared for the extra charge on the bill for that. Salads were a reasonable mix of greens. Fine, but nothing special.
Husband had a chicken dish. He expected a whole chicken breast, but didn't seem to mind when it was less than that. He loved the stuffing made with asiago cheese, sauce, and rice with vegetables. His plate was clean, and then he began to look at my plate. I'm on the WeightWatchers plan, so clearly was not going to eat everything on my plate. I ordered a roast pork loin, with apple stuffing, and glazed carrots. The pork was delicious, and my few bites of the stuffing and carrots made me really, really wish I weren't on the WeightWatchers plan. Husband had no problem finishing the scrumptious carrots, and I packed up the rest of the pork and stuffing for another day. We were both satisfied with our meals, and happy to have a restaurant to add to our list of favorites. Dinner with one beer and a diet pepsi was $38 before tip.

1  Thank stjohnlover
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We enjoyed a lovely meal here, at a very reasonable cost.
The building is the original schoolhouse for the area, and features many interesting fixtures and fittings on the walls, including an old-fashioned chalkboard, which carries the day's specials.
Good, attentive service.
Recommended, but reserve ahead..