“Great campsites on a Spectacular River”

Fisheating Creek Outpost
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had heard of Fisheating Creek since I was a child but never had the opportunity to experience it. I am so glad that I finally got the chance to camp there. It truly surpassed my expectations ! The shade of the tall Cyprus and the view of the meandering "creek" really connects you to nature"s beauty. Make sure you bring your own kayak, canoe, fishing gear, etc. and get on the water...you won't regret it. If you don't have your own gear you can rent watercraft and buy supplies at the reception/store from the exceptional staff, Darcy, Crista, Ashley & Dave ! Furthermore, the facilities for tent camping, showering, laundry, RV hookup and meeting facilities are great . Don't miss this wonderful place (and don't the spectacular night sky !)

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have been going to Fisheating Creek for thirty years or more initially as a boyscout, with my children, and hopefully my grandchildren in the near future. This is one of the most beautiful places in the Southeast to paddle or recreate and the new outfitter at the Wildlife Management Area is doing a top notch job assisting to make the trips down the river a great experience. You have to be transported by the Outfitter up river to either of two places for a trip down river which involves their carrying your boats and paddlers to a drop off point to begin the trip. They are very well organized now and a pleasure to do business with. Last week I hosted a trip with our kayak club and 14 persons with only one having been to the area previously. We had a wonderful time and it was a pleasure to introduce these newbies so to speak to this beautiful area.R.P.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Kayak canoeing trip black water river. Cypress and oak. Nice downstream easy 8 mile paddle 4 hours with stops.
Nice people Darcy and Ashley got us all. Set up

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were warmly greeted by Ashley, Crista, and Darcy. Beautiful, shady, and spacious campsites. Martha was informative and helpful sending us off on our 8 mile kayak trip. Amazing place, can't wait to return.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We camped at Fisheating Creek Outpost on the weekend of 8/16-8/18/13. We are very new at camping as this is our 2nd time in our camper. We were greeted by Ashley and Darcy at the camp store to do our check in, they were so friendly and helpful! When I mentioned we were new to camping, they said they would help us with any questions or concerns. I would also state that they are pet friendly as we had our 3 dogs with us. The campsite was very nice, we had full hook-up...ok, ok, so we didn't "Rough" it!! The next day we were greeted by Martha and Hank as they were making sure we were comfortable and to see if we had any questions or concerns, we were advised that the Lake was closed for swimming because of the amount of rain we have had. The bathrooms and showers were very clean and neat.
While we were there someone in the camp came across a very rare Hognose snake, of course FWC was called and they were able to catch it and release it elsewhere in a safe location.
We will surely make return trips and maybe one day take a canoe out on the creek!!