“Outstanding Accomodations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmetto
Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Palmetto B&B and Inns
Swedesboro
“Outstanding Accomodations”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My wife and I are avid Phillies fans and were looking for a place to stay during our 5 day visit to Spring Training. Since it was my wife's birthday week, I decided on this romantic B&B instead of the usual chain hotels. The B&B is recently renovated with attention to every detail. The innkeepers could not have been more accommodating and the breakfasts they served were a delight. In fact, my wife and I woke up each morning trying to guess what we would be served that day. Kudos to Wim and Mieke for a marvelous lodging experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bluewing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York State
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Palmetto Riverside B&B is a wonderful place--elegant yet comfortable--a beautifully restored and meticulously maintained home on the Manatee River. It is a quiet, peaceful spot yet close to all the activities Gulf Coast Florida has to offer. Even more important than the surroundings are the innkeepers. Wim & Mieke are from Belgium but speak English perfectly and are incredibly warm and accommodating.
Shortly before our visit, I was diagnosed with food allergies. When I notified the inn of this, Wim went out of his way to research and purchase things I could eat. Each morning, he placed before me an multi-course, delicious, and beautifully-presented breakfast entirely within my restricted diet. He even found a really good bread source for me that I had not yet discovered. As you may imagine, bread options without yeast or dairy leave quite a bit to be desired, but I actually got to have good-tasting, nice (normal)-textured toast for the first time in many months (and he even sent the extra supply home with me)!
Both were quick to share tips and ideas on the surrounding area, and when we got sun/sand/wind burns, Mieke prepared ice-packs for us to draw out the heat. We have stayed at B&Bs for 30 years and honestly can say that we've never encountered two better innkeepers.
At our departure, it felt like we were saying good-bye to family and home. Without question, if we have opportunity to visit the Florida Gulf Coast again, we will return to the Palmetto Riverside B&B. It is a superb addition to the B&B offerings in the US!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I just spent 4 wonderful nights at this gorgeous B&B. This stay was the highlight of our trip to Florida. We stayed in the Riverside Suite, which is truly lovely, with a view of the river from our windows. The rooms are spotless, and the marvelous linens and towels are from Belgium. The house is beautiful in every way, from the warmth of the hosts, Mieke and Wim (and their lovely daughters) to the amazing food (a full, gourmet breakfast on fine china, served on a sunny, enclosed porch; 3 delicious hot hors d'oeuvres with wine from 6 to 7 PM; then chocolates and a drink at night's end). You can sit on the pier across from the B&B and watch pelicans, fish and a large heron..... very relaxing. Mieke and Wim helped us plan our activities and restaurants for each day, printing out directions and info as needed. They went out of their way to make each day special for us. We definitely hope to return in the future for another amazing stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bbr2
Allendale, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2012

As a retired airline pilot, I have stayed in the “usual suspect” hotels all over the world. So, when my wife and I travel for pleasure, we opt for country inns and B&Bs whenever possible.
Prior to our trips, we do extensive research, but rarely do both the inn and the inn keepers live up to their reviews.
The Palmetto Riverside not only lives up to its reviews, but also Mieke and Wim (and their delightful daughters) far exceed theirs.
Truly, an “old Europe” experience, offered by a very contemporary couple, and a home-away-from-home. The breakfasts are superb; the gourmet hors d’oeuvres and drinks, in a friendly gathering of guests at 6:00, are a delight; and the “welcome home” after an evening out with cordials and chocolates are an added special treat. So, if you are going to be in the area, and the reasonable rates are within your budget, why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carl B
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I were just married there yesterday Feb 25, 2012 and it was so amazing that we are taking time to write this review at the airport before we fly off on our honeymoon. Thank you so much to the proprietors for a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed February 2012
tampa, fl
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Words cannot describe the amazing weekend we had with our family and friends during our daughters wedding at this grand home. From our first visit last summer to the minute we left after the wedding weekend, the owners made us feel so welcome and at home. They were so thoughtful, kind and talented. Their hospitality was so above and beyond. Breakfast was served as if we were at a top 5 star restaurant. With 100 guests attending the wedding, every word was positive. Many plan to return as guests. Even when rain threatened, Wim already had plans ready to place into action. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Sun City Center, FL
Reviewed 19 January 2012

NOTE: This is a pre-visit review to compliment the reservation process!

My 70th birthday is coming up. Driving 30 miles in each direction to have dinner at our favorite restaurant (the Riverhouse Reef & Grill") down in Palmetto, FL after dark, especially after a couple of drinks is not advisable, even if we were 30 years younger!

Often on our trip down for lunch, we've driven around the local area and often admired the Palmetto Riverside B&B, thinking it would be a great place to stay and enjoy an evening on/near the Manatee River, dinner at Riverhouse Reef & Grill, enjoying cocktail hour there and being within walking distance of "home" (home being where we would be staying that evening).

We reserved a room at the Palmetto Riverside B&B and received a very cordial acknowledgement. We sent a reply to the "automatic" reply they sent and received a truly nice reply from our hosts to be! All the reviews, all the pictures, everything we read says "you've picked THE right place to stay in Palmetto, FL"!

We shall post an update after our April stay there!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trflinn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmetto
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
#2 of 15 in Holmes Beach
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
#3 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!