“Beautiful cottage overlooking Pigeon River”

Triple T Cedar Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Omemee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This vacation was many years in the making. My father owned this resort from when I was born to about 15 years of age. I haven't been back much and wanted to show my daughter, my boyfriend and his daughter where I was raised.

The first thing I noticed was that the go-cart track my father built was overrun and shut down. I can say this was a disappointment for sure and I didn't know what I was going to encounter.

However, we turned into the resort and got to our cottage. We rented Cottage 1, on the beach, and the furthest cottage on the property, surrounded by trees and beach. It is a 3 bedroom and the views are spectacular. From our deck you could see the entire beach area, the dock and the across the river to the rolling hills. It took my breath away, even though I had lived there and seen the view more times than I can count. The kitchen was equipped with what you need to survive a week. Pans, pots, toaster, all the cutlery and dishes, serving utensils and microwave; they were all there. Loved the cast iron pans, we used them everyday on the bbq. Oh yes, a propane bbq is on each deck as well.

The rooms were ok sized, but the bathroom was huge...lol We could party in the bathroom, but we didn't. Each room had sheets, pillows, comforters and a towel and facecloth for each person. It was wonderful all we had to bring were beach towels.

The beach was as I remembered, private and wonderful. It seemed to be cleaned regularly and was soft and light brown. The water was clean and clear. I swam to the floating raft and lounged on that for a bit as well. There were weeds, I must say, but I raked the beach and took away most. That was a past time for me, and I enjoyed the work, and the fruits of my labour. :-)

We had a fire at the pit most nights. There were many chairs around it for everyone to enjoy. The nights were nice and I didn't find the mosquitos too bad. Locally you can buy firewood for little money. We bought 4 bushels for $20 which lasted an entire evening. It was great fun meeting the other cottagers who came to the fire. This is where I found most people interacted and had initial meetings. I thank the fire for meeting the family who was there when we arrived. A special shout out to my girl Barbara...It was a pleasure my dear. We will hook up again soon.

The grounds were nice and expansive. The larger families who were there played soccer and football along with badminton and crocket all on the field in front of their cottages. So much activity was great to see.

Fishing in this area is quite good. You can find small mouth bass, large mouth bass, pickerel, muskie, perch, sunfish, and many more varieties right off the dock (but only if you are lucky). Most you catch off the dock is baby perch and sunfish. I did witness one guy who caught a baby and was reeling him in when a muskie grabbed it and fought for it. We saw it jump out of the water close to the dock before claiming the baby fish for its own and never to be seen again. Trust me, many were looking...lol

The owner, John, is a very nice man. He took the time to tell me about what he learned about the property before my father owned it. It was a very interesting tale.

Our children loved that there was a marina just a short walk down the path. There they rented a couple of movies for the cold nights and bought candy and ice cream with their money. It gave them time to bond. The marina has most of what you need to get by grocery wise, and they sell bait as well. There is a restaurant attached to the marina, but I did not see it open.

All in all, this was the best vacation I have ever been on, and it was a family vacation to boot. We all had so much fun. Once the children realized they have to make their own fun (which took 1.5 days), they were off and doing their own thing. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants rest and relaxation, mixed with fishing and boating.

Best waters, great beach, lovely time had by all.

Room Tip: Cottage 1 and cottage 2 are directly facing the beach. They have beautiful views and if you have yo...