“Beautiful view”

Angelo & Sons Seafood
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Panacea
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Went to Angelo's for a nice Sunday lunch. Wait staff were conversational and pleasant. Our grouper sandwiches were cooked perfectly but barely seasoned. The home made key lime pie was definitely the best part of the meal. Given the prices, I'm hesitant to return for dinner.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Four of us had lunch last week at Angelo & Sons Seafood and truly enjoyed it. We each ordered a different entree and were very happy with the food. The bacon wrapped ocean scallops were extraordinary as was the twice-baked potatoes. The restaurant was not busy when we were there so we got a great table overlooking the water on two sides. The place is huge so we assume that in the summer they must get hordes of diners, but when we visited (during the week on a rainy day) it was pretty deserted. The wait staff were wonderful and when we left, we all agreed that Angelo & Sons was well worth the drive and that we'd be back.

1  Thank dockdog
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited Angelo's for our anniversary dinner. The food was good, especially my charbroiled red snapper. And the service was exemplary! I mentioned I had been craving cucumbers, and the waitress asked me if I wanted a few more! She was there whenever we needed anything, very pleasant and professional.

The menu needs updating, since it still had amberjack on it, although the waitress said they haven't had it for a long time. The ambience was noisy, and the décor a little dated, but the pecky cypress paneling beautiful.

Also, beware the steep stairs in the rain! The staircase up to the restaurant is a full story, outdoors, and heavy rain drips down your neck at two different points. There are bannisters, but still, just take the elevator.

1  Thank Asata
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary with a quiet dinner at Angelo's. Everything was perfect, including the service. I had the stuffed grouper - grilled fresh grouper with a fantastic crab stuffing. My wife had the broiled shrimp with spices and onions. The salad was topped with a delicious Greek dressing, and the cheese grits were out of this world. WeI have dined at many fine seafood restaurants along our section of the Gulf coast, as well as in many of our large cities. I rate Angelo and Son's as the best anywhere. "Pricey" is no longer applicable to Angelo's, as most of the local Gulf coast and Tallahassee restaurants now match or exceed those at Angelo's. We will return!

1  Thank Fred D
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Although we've lived in the area for years, we had never gone to Angelo"s restaurant and decided to try it tonight with our extended family. When we were ordering our food we were told that they were out of oysters, and that if we ordered the sea food platter they would give us more fish (mullet) or shrimp on the platter to compensate. My husband ordered the platter-when it arrived it had one small filet and the "back" of fileted out fish, 5 shrimp, a deviled crab and a few fries. When my husband questioned the waitress about the back bone she stated that "most of the customers enjoy picking out the meat between the fish bones". At the prices they charge you should expect to get fish not bones!

1  Thank Joyce R