“Angelo's Restaurant in Panacea, Fl is so good”

Angelo & Sons Seafood
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Panacea
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Angelo's is a short drive from Tallahassee. The wrap around porch is covered and generally has a breeze. The grouper throats - grilled - were delicious with lots of meat on them, I ordered the small and had plenty. The Scamp fish is wonderful also.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

was very excited to come to this restaurant, I drove 45mins to get there and when i got there the service was horrible. Waited 45mins for a waiter, then that waiter never came back to the table, received a new waiter, after that waiter placed the order we waited an additional 45mins until we ate, food was cold, found hair in it, there were scraped burnt leftover from the grill put on my plate and raw onions on top of cooked fish. told the manager and she was completely rude, also said that myself and close friends were trying to swindle her for a free meal. that statement alone was ridiculous for what we had experience as well as driving 45mins to the restaurant. the waiter also gave her own self overly charged gratuity. The owners husband was nice, but the wife was terrible, never had I ever received such horrific service from a owner and her waitresses.

3  Thank shaba b
Reviewed 25 May 2014

05/25/14

View was great, food above average customer service was awful. We ordered coke and unsweetened tea. After about 20 minutes we received diet coke and sweet tea. It took approximately 40 minutes to receive part of our appetizers. Still no replacement for the drinks. After the salad (we had to wait another 5 minutes to receive the salad dressing)we finally received the oysters. The refills on the drinks finally came wrong again. It took approximately 3 hrs to eat dinner. Two other tables had the same problem. When they complained to the owners wife she laughed at them.all inall the worst service I had in 40 years of eating out

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I don't remember the last time I had such good seafood. All cooked and seasoned to perfection. They have the best crab claw appetizers and do try broiled shrimp on the head. I am a seafood lover and when I say it's good..it is to die for. If you looking for something really spicy try the fried backs..it's actually the fish minus the fillet..with all the bones and spiced and fries. From what I heard, they catch the seafood right on the bay..so can't get any fresher. The views are amazing too..sit on the deck and u can view some spectacular sunsets. It's about an 40 mins to an hour plus drive from Tallahassee, depends on which part of tally you driving from . Best seafood restaurant.period

1  Thank Vinaya_Kini
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went to Angelo's for this past weekend's Mother's Day. Nice drive from Tally and always nice to sit on the deck that looks out over the bay while having dinner. Prices have gone up quite a bit here since we first started coming (and we use to enjoy the now defunked Oaks Restaurant across the street) but the quality is still quite good. My husband had his usual Grouper throats. I know, I know, it sound nasty but the throat has some of the most tender meat and you get a PILE of them for 9.99, where as a grouper filet is going to run 19.99 for half as much meat. The kids had a grouper sandwich and mahi mahi, the fish of the day. My order was for the broiled shrimp and grouper. They brought me out what appeared to be a large plate, though I had asked for the small, and yes, they charged me for the large also. Being as it was mother's day I didn't argue, though I did tell the waitress. That was disappointing. The waitress was a little overwhelmed but tried to be as attentive as possible and as we were in no hurry it made no difference to us. The onion rings that use to be so delish as an appetizer was not so good, as thy used the same oil they cook the fish in and it made them fishy tasting. I always get the Greek Trim to my salad, but this time there was at most a tablespoon of potato salad on the plate and only one olive. I don't think I'll pay the extra $3 for that any longer and just get the standard salad. With tip our dinner for four was $98, The only real down side to the restaurant was the couple who were seated next to us half way through the meal with two smaller children who were Extremely Loud and boisterous and Mom and Dad did not try to calm, hush, quiet or ask them to behave. Really made it hard for many diners and they didn't seem to care. I'm sure the restaurant staff noticed did not want to say anything for fear of starting a rowel. We have enjoyed this restaurant before on the fourth of July when a nearby campground was setting off fireworks over the bay and were delighted by that evenings "dinner and a show". I wish they would plan that for every fourth.