“Excellent Place to stay”

Red Roof Inn Panama City
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Place to stay”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here for business. (about a month and a half) The rooms were spacious and comfortable. They have kitchenettes. The staff is very helpful and go out of their way to get you what you need. It's only 10 minutes from the beach...and the price was fair. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ford1665
redroofpc, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Panama City, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
We appreciate your staying here as a long term guest.

Thank you for being our guest and for the rave review you gave of our hotel.

Please do return and visit us again soon.

Marketing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 April 2013

It is not a perfect property but the room was clean and comfortable. Receptionist was very helpful and despite that fact that it is located close to highway - no nose in the room (it was not facing highway, but anyway a good result). The only reason for 4 instead of 5 - very basic and modest breakfast and small bathroom.
But it more 4 + or 5 -.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Redguy29
Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof in and taking time to fill out a survey.

We appreciate you as a guest and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us .

Please do return here in the near future .

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place was extremely nice with pleasant and courteous staff. The front desk attendant Lonnie was extremely helpful and knowledgeable in answering question about sites and attractions to visit while my friends and I were there. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying at Red Roof Inn in Panama City and for filling out this review .
We are grateful to you for staying with us and happy that you enjoyed your stay .

Please do return and see us again in the near future.

Red Roof Inn
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2013

lisa helped my friends and i out after our hotel got cancelled . i will forever room at red roof when i go to panama city .... the room was very clean , and like i said before lisa was really helpful and nice !!! thanks again :)

Room Tip: any room is good one !
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank laqueshaF
Effingham
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My reservation, check-in and most of the few contacts were with Lonnie, who was very friendly and helpful at all times. A housekeeper I dealt with once was perfectly helpful. The ladies serving breakfast were friendly and kept everything stocked. And a few times staff who took breaks outside a door I used held the door for me!

The room appeared to be relatively new, my guess is remodeled as the rest of the property did not look that new to me. The bath and lavatory fixtures appeared new and the desk area was the most professional I’ve seen in a motel, with bi-level space, an excellent light, CAT5E and 5B computer outlets, and a desk chair with working height adjustment.

The rest of the room covered the basics very well. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, hot water was always available, the shower head had a good spray, the shower had several places to put things at various heights and a grab bar, which I find handy even though I do not require one, the bathroom had separate switches for the fan and light, the wifi worked perfectly, there was a frig and microwave, the heater kept the temp where I wanted and the fan was quiet, the bed light switches were conveniently located for turning on and off while in bed.

The property location was very good for me. Being on 231 and a couple blocks off 98 enables easy movement to either east or west. A major mall with normal adjoining stores and eating places was only a few blocks NE on 231. Harrison St a block or so west gives easy access south to the bay and north.

There were two items that for me were minor imperfections. First, the lavatory area had no bar(s) for hanging a wash cloth and hand towel. They had to be hung in the bathroom. Second, the first couple days the room had an odor that was quite noticeable when first entering—not offensive but relatively strong. After a few minutes I would get used to this and not notice it. Another reviewer has suggested this is from cleaning. I did not have the room cleaned while I was there.

A couple items I consider negatives. First, the elevator floor was dirty while I was there and some pieces of debris and streaks stayed unchanged, indicating the floor was not cleaned during the four days. Even though this is an economy hotel I think cleaning the elevator floor daily would be reasonable. I would have this cleaning include vacuuming out the grooves which the door uses. Second, I extended my stay to include a Friday and the rate for the Friday was increased from $71.99 before tax to $92.99. This was pointed out clearly and there are probably company polices related to time of year, time of week, spring break, or occupancy level. But I am skeptical the occupancy was high as I did not notice the lobby, parking lot, breakfast area, or halls being busier than the other days.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this motel, found the room very comfortable, the staff service excellent, and if I am back in Panama City will consider staying here again. But if any night’s cost is over $80 I will also shop around.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Billhgc
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 27 February 2013

This place was really nice to be a inn. I think inn and immediately like no i dont wanna stay here but my friend wanted to stay for her birthday so we did. The room was clean and should have been worth more. It was so comfortable and clean i couldnt believe. Also the bridge was right there to go to Panama City beach or just the beach

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Franchesca B
redroofpc, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Panama City, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for your comments and your stay at Red Roof Inn Panama City Florida. We hope to see you again soon .
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I often travel to Panama City, Florida to visit with my sister and her family. However, they smoke and that makes it imposible for me to stay in their home because I am highly allergic to smells, especially cigarette smoke and frangrances. I found the nearest, cleanest motel to stay in is the Red Roof Inn on Hiway 231 at the edge of the city and before you get to the beaches. The only drawback is that the cleaning staff sprays both the rooms and the carpeted hallways each day to keep out offensive odors. Now, before I get to the motel each time, I call ahead and the motel alerts the cleaning staff I am coming and they do not spray my room or the hallway near my room. They are most accommodating in this way. It is worth checking out this motel. They will also give you a "frequent guest" card and local number you can call directly when making a reservation and they will give you a discount on your room. Check it out.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know in advance if you have allergies or other special needs and they will do their be...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your continued patronage of Red Roof Inn Panama City Florida, we hope we continue to satisfy your needs.