“Hotel stay and experience”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
montgomery
“Hotel stay and experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I must say that overall I was dissatisfied with this hotel. There is NOT a pool, so if you want a pool you should look elsewhere. I was also not happy with the fact that when I checked in, the lady at the front desk informed me of a $50 deposit fee. I was completely unaware of this deposit and while I understand the meaning of the deposit, I do not understand why you do not get it back even if the room is in the same condition as check in. Also be careful pulling in to the hotel because there is a bad dip and you will scrape across it. The rooms are also somewhat small and smelled strongly of cigarettes. I will not stay here again on vacation, but if you want something small for business, then I am sure it is fine as long as you like the smell of ashtray and cigarettes.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel on every visit to Panama City that we have made in the past three years. Our average stay has been at least a month.
The suites are very nicely appointed and the property as a whole is always clean and very well maintained. The management and staff are always going the extra mile to make you feel welcome just like you are coming home. They go out of there way to make our stay a pure pleasure. Whether it's a hot cup of coffee in the morning or fresh towels when we come in from the beach. There is always a friendly smile and warm greeting coming from the front desk staff as well as the room service staff. It is always a pleasant experience to be around people that enjoy making their guests comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank steve k
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 September 2011

If you like bad attitudes and people that dont care about customer serive then this is the place for you. Worse decision to go herein the first place as it is far away from ever however it just got worse when I encountered the rudest woman at the front desk. I basically left the hotel and ended finding a great place to say where I could walk out the door and step on to the beach for $12 more a night. RUDE RUDE RUDE!!. Forget the customer is always right, how about just be nice to the customer!!!

Room Tip: anywhere but that hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L0vet0fish

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Nice hotel, staff was very friendly would stay again

Room Tip: big room with king size bed
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank llewisb88
Tampa Bay, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Very nice room, clean and spacious with a nice flat-screen TV.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JOE J
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We just returned from a great trip to Panama City beach area. Our trip was very spontaneous based on the great price I was able to secure on this lodging, making it a very affordable trip. The reviews seemed mainly positive, but I am always concerned when I read the few negatives sprinkled about, so I went in with caution but hoping for the best, and was not disappointed. The front desk was very helpful and courteous in all of our interactions. The room was very clean and the kitchen was a major convenience and budget saver for us. The location seems to be on the fringe of a questionable area and the beginning of the touristy area, but it was very convenient to us for accessing all the beach areas and attractions that we experienced while we were there. Our son is getting marriedin the Seaside area next year. Depending on what we are able to secure that direction and the cost, we may return to this hotel for that stay because we were so impressed. If you are looking for upscale - this isn't it, but it is clean and convenient and affordable. Great value!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mrennie60
boston
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Upon first look, the hotel looked clean. We were told there would be a sofa in our room, and there wasn't however we were willing to overlook this and be flexible with the hotel. Our stay only lasted one night. The morning after we checked in, there were dozens of bugs in my bed, and on my pillow. Upon further investigation there were also bugs in the other bed. We immediately called hotel staff, and it took hours to sort through and to get some type of service. In my opinion this is one of the worst things to experience in a hotel and they simply weren't cooperative enough. The day after we moved bug bites welted on my legs, arms, face, back, and hands. I called the hotel manager, and he was unhelpful. He said he would call back and still has not. When we moved our things into another room while the whole negotiation and poor customer service took place, I placed a small tote on one of the beds, and it completely broke. Not close enough to Panama City night life to deal with such ratchet service and quality.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends