“Food is good. Service not so much.”

Smitty's Barbecue & Salad Bar
Ranked #29 of 260 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Food is good. Service not so much.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

I ordered the all you can eat chicken and it made it to the table in a timely manner. However a different server immediately brought my ticket and asked me to pay and I hadn't even finished the plate I was originally served. Now mind you can, this is 2p.m. and only 10 customers in the restaurant.I did talk to management and they made it right. I guess 1 plate is all you can eat. Could've ordered a whole chicken off the menu cheaper. I did get impeccable service there 2 weeks ago which is why I went back today. Now mind, I just don't know that it's worth it.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank RickLayton

Lynn Haven, Florida
“Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have to agree, with the previous review.
However, I think Smitty's just changed management.
Our family was there during the Holidays, food was delightful, service was very good, and the manager, at that time was very helpful.
We went back, in April, it was horrible and the management had changed.
We won't be back either.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Doris H
Panama City, Florida
“At least the Tea was good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

When you pull in the parking lot at 6 P.M. and there are 5 cars in the parking lot I should have known. This restaurant is at one of the busiest intersections in town and across from the Mall. Where are the customers? Took for ever to be seated. Can't stand for the waitress call me baby. I am almost 60. Then I still don't know how but she slid my dinner across the table and it stayed on the table. What's BBQ without sauce. Had to ask for it. Wish I hadn't. It was very watery with no flavor. Brunswick Stew had no meat and mostly tomatoes. The Potato Salad was scooped like ice cream. Had to pry it apart to eat it. Guess what? Yep you guessed it...uneatble. No taste. Small serving size on the Ribs. But the tea was good. I will never step foot in this place ever again unless there is major change in management and/or ownership. I have reviewed dozens of restaurants but this is the first that totally could not recommend.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank dbishop14564
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent family restaurant with great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

If you love BBQ this this is the place to go in Panama City. My family and I were just there in March 2013. We all ordered something different off the menu and everything was fantastic. One reason we all love it is because they offer nightly specials of all you can eat and its a lot of food. So if you want something different than seafood, then Smitty's' is your place.

• Visited March 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Sauce is awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

One of my locals favorites for BBQ and Steak Fries, I love their chicken sauce, has a great flavor and not real hot (Hot is usually my preference) Good fresh of the grill meat.

Visited November 2012