“OK, but not great”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I can't say much about the dining experience here other than it was less than memorable. I had the Brunswick Stew, which didn't exactly wow me. I'm not even convinced it was homemade. My dining partner had a barbeque something or other and salad bar. He said the barbeque was just so so. The salad bar had a good selection, but I can make my own salad at home. Overall, it was OK, but not great.

3  Thank Traveler10102
There are newer reviews for Smitty's Barbecue & Salad Bar

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

I ordered the all you can eat chicken and it made it to the table in a timely manner. However a different server immediately brought my ticket and asked me to pay and I hadn't even finished the plate I was originally served. Now mind you can, this is 2p.m. and only 10 customers in the restaurant.I did talk to management and they made it right. I guess 1 plate is all you can eat. Could've ordered a whole chicken off the menu cheaper. I did get impeccable service there 2 weeks ago which is why I went back today. Now mind, I just don't know that it's worth it.

2  Thank RickLayton
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have to agree, with the previous review.
However, I think Smitty's just changed management.
Our family was there during the Holidays, food was delightful, service was very good, and the manager, at that time was very helpful.
We went back, in April, it was horrible and the management had changed.
We won't be back either.

5  Thank Doris H
Reviewed 23 May 2013

When you pull in the parking lot at 6 P.M. and there are 5 cars in the parking lot I should have known. This restaurant is at one of the busiest intersections in town and across from the Mall. Where are the customers? Took for ever to be seated. Can't stand for the waitress call me baby. I am almost 60. Then I still don't know how but she slid my dinner across the table and it stayed on the table. What's BBQ without sauce. Had to ask for it. Wish I hadn't. It was very watery with no flavor. Brunswick Stew had no meat and mostly tomatoes. The Potato Salad was scooped like ice cream. Had to pry it apart to eat it. Guess what? Yep you guessed it...uneatble. No taste. Small serving size on the Ribs. But the tea was good. I will never step foot in this place ever again unless there is major change in management and/or ownership. I have reviewed dozens of restaurants but this is the first that totally could not recommend.

4  Thank dbishop14564
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

If you love BBQ this this is the place to go in Panama City. My family and I were just there in March 2013. We all ordered something different off the menu and everything was fantastic. One reason we all love it is because they offer nightly specials of all you can eat and its a lot of food. So if you want something different than seafood, then Smitty's' is your place.