“Staff was friendly”

TownePlace Suites Panama City
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Staff was friendly - but the room was dirty especially the bathroom and kitchen area. The room was also poorly designed and furnished with the cheapest possible furnature - this place does not live up to the Marriott name.

Room Tip: choose a different hotell
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michelle L, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that our staff was friendly and we appreciate your feedback in regards of the cleanliness issues, design and upkeep of our rooms. We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. We take great pride in ensuring our guest concerns are met and addressed, we are sorry we did not meet your and our own expectations.

Michelle Lelevier
Guest Services Manager
TownePlace Suites by Marriott

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great Value Suites, we had a lovely 2 bedroom suite that had everything you could possible need. Sofas were a bit uncomfortable but didnt use them too often. The train early in the morning is noisy but we got used to it. The staff are extremely helpful, the breakfast is plentiful and the hotel is right in the middle of plenty of shops and restaurants. It is about 10 mins drive from Down Town and 20 minute drive from the beach

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheCBs
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Regina did a great job getting us checked in and up to our room. Got to our room which was clean and fresh. Great hotel in PC. Near all the stores and 20 minutes from the marina. 30 minutes from the beach but over half the cost.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I got a great price on a name your price on Priceline. The hotel is sparkling clean. Every single staff member made a point to say hello and ask if I needed anything. Even the employees taking dirty linens to the laundry stopped to ask if I was comfortable and to say hello. King room had a great Kitchenette. Bed and linens were top notch. Breakfast was cereal, waffles, boiled eggs and a variety of baked goods. Small mini market of drinks and snacks were not overpriced at all. Great stay.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank kidsmom2003
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for the first time and first time in Panama City, FL. Great place, all the amenities, clean room, and I love the free breakfast. I also appreciated this hotel was able to accommodate me in giving me the government rate (I'm a federal emlpoyee on a business trip to one of our naval installations). I'll be sure to stay at this place again when I visit here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days, over Christmas, and really have nothing negative to say. We encountered three different ladies at the front desk and they were all REALLY nice and helpful. We wanted to get away from the family in a nice, homey place, and this definitely was it. As I expected the rooms to be a little bigger, it actually worked out perfect for two of us. The little kitchen was perfect for our needs, although we were missing a few common kitchen items (like forks). They did in fact, have a wine bottle opener (I was stoked) and spaghetti utensils :)
As it was Christmas, it was cool in Panama City, so we didn't get to experience the pool or anything. But it was small and cute. There are great maps for popular places and food, expected weather for the week, and service brochures if needed.
At night, the front doors lock and you need to use your key to get in, which I loved because sometimes I freak myself out in hotel settings. It made me feel much safer!
The bed was REAL comfortable, I slept GREAT (well, when my boyfriend wasn't snoring up a storm).
I definitely recommend staying here! There were no hidden fees, we stayed with a military discount. There is a mall right near by and a ton of restaurants. Pier Park is about 20 minutes away, We also drove to Destin, which is about an hour away, and we went Ice Skating, ate at PF Changs, and fun things like that.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciara B
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here several times during 2013 while working in the Panama City area. The staff is great, including Sharolyn and Brian, who light up the hotel with their kindness, helpfulness and cheerful attitudes, Mary, Michelle and Britney are also very helpful. The hotel is clean, and convenient to shops and restaurants.

Since staying at the TownePlace for business, I have stayed elsewhere in other parts of the country, and nowhere else has come close to this hotel in service and attitude towards guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business