“...Love...will be back”

TownePlace Suites Panama City
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I am marriott traveler and I have stayed at resorts, vacation clubs, and vacation homes and this is one of my favorite places. The staff is wonderful. WONDERFUL!!! Rooms spacious and mostly clean. You are probably wondering why only five stars. There was some hair in the bathroom when we arrived, also housekeeping just opens the door. No knock or anything. Now, you are probably wondering why I gave it 4 stars. I have stayed here multiple times and have never had a problem and will stay again in September. The staff was very gracious when I told then my issues and we're very helpful. All in all, love, Love, LOVE...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had some friends come down from Pittsburgh who were staying on P.C.. Beach. We live two hours away so thought it would be nice to come over and spend the weekend at the beach and enjoy some good times with them. Being the middle of summer and last minute, ALL beach hotels required a three night stay and half my bank account. So, I found the TownePlace Suites and used some Marriott points to have base camp.

We got in late Saturday afternoon (after spending the day on the beach) and room our was ready, staff was very friendly and property was very well kept. It looked like it was brand new but found out it was actually 4 years old. Room was also perfect!! Again, looked brand new - very well pleased. We stay with Marriott 95% of the time and this place is very much at the big boy standards. I think there was a teen basketball camp in the area as we had a sold out occupancy and at least 100 boys and parents. Not once did they make any loud noise or wake us up. To me, the hotel was very well built.

ONLY, complaint I would have is the hotel needs to keep a watch on the parking lot and how the guests park. We came back on Saturday night after a late dinner and lot was full. Three cars however felt they had the right to park in two spaces so I had to park in the very back corner of the lot. I'd stay here again - for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is by no means a Marriott standard hotel but you will pay very high prices for noisy and basic accommodation. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything from people talking to TV next door. Would never go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle L, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and apologize we did not meet your expectations of Marriott standards, in regards to the noise level in your room. With summer occupancy levels we have begun to increase our staff, so that we are able to maintain more frequent security walks of our property, to help keep the noise levels down.

Sincerely ,

Michelle L
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2014

It was better than I expected. I really enjoyed myself and the staff was out standing. Thank you for such great service!!!!!!!!!! The pool was very clean, the breakfast very tasteful, room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very professional and courteous. They took there time and gave me very good directions to where ever I went.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

As a professional traveler I usually don't enjoy spending time in hotels around PC. This hotel ranks as one of the best in the area however. It is clean, well appointed, and has rooms large enough to be comfortable. I've stayed here on two separate occasions and each time was very good. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jaxtraveler81
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The carpets were being cleaned during my stay (including those in my room) and that was an inconvenience. However, the attentive staff made up for the inconvenience. They provide directions, dinner suggestions and information about the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BH2O
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel after switching hotels form a hotel on beachfront. This hotel was perfect. It has a kitchenett, bed was soo comfortble. The shower felt soo good. Its a 25 minutes drive to the beach but its worth it and cheaper. There are lots of resturants on the main street. The pool was small. We stayed 7/4/14.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple