“Great hotel! ”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Newer hotel! Pics don't justify how beautiful it is. Staff was amazing!. Manager was rude at first but warmed up making jokes. Staff gladly took our pics in the lobby. Very good rates for such a beautiful hotel. Definitely planning on staying at this hotel for future trips. It's about 20 mins away from the beach but it's worth the drive back and forth.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine M
Renee D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Looking forward to seeing you

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I traveled to FLA to enjoy the beaches. Overall I was pleased but had a few flaws. I requested a 2BR suite with a crib. When I called to confirm the room, the associate stated that the crib was mentioned in the notes at booking. When we got to the room no crib. I let that slide, the room was overall clean. Except when I looked in the bathroom the shower rod had a brown hair clip attached from previous guest. Therefore it wasn't thorough clean. The carpet can use a cleaning stains everywhere. Things behind the tv that needed to be thrown away. The free breakfast was ok could be better the eggs are horrible & hard.Only one waffle maker, biscuit & gravy was ok.
Pros: indoor pool was nice. The bed was very comfy although I had to share it w/ our 11mo. I like fact everything is close by you in walking distance. And plenty of eatery places. Like I mentioned earlier everything wasn't perfect but manageable. I would stay here again but the flaws would have to be handled first! :)

Stayed: August 2014

1st I want to thank you for staying with us
2nd Please accept our apology for no crib in the room,this matter has been address.
3rd The issue has been handle concerning the shower rod

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel.
We strive for perfection in our hotel rooms and the service and comfort of our guest is top
priority.

Next time you stay if anything wrong with the room contact the desk, they will move you to another room.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My experience with this manager was a great one, i have not experience a manger being more helpful on a business trip than this manger was to me. My room was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel for everybody in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Renee D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you, for sharing your experience at Comfort Suites.
My staff and I appreciate your kind words, We are known for our attentive and friendly staff
who treat each one of our guest with respect.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit with us

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My experience with this manager has resulted in what I feel should have her FIRED! It all started when I left her a letter stating that the room we received on July 11 did not only have two double beds (my reservation was for a king size) but the shower did not work properly, the shower wall was discolored all from a leak in the wall. Paint was missing in the bathroom and you could not turn the shower water off with it in the off position. Here is the BIG problem: The manager gave me a $34 credit but after I wrote my poor review in the Choice web-site, she went back into my credit card and charged the money back on my card. I called her and she said she could not talk about it. Comfort Suites needs to remove this (RD=manager) as soon as possible. The other staff members were friendly and helpful during my stay.

Room Tip: This hotel stays busy because it is near the AFB but it is a long way to the beaches. I can't h...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ROBERT G
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Worst experience with a hotel manager i have ever had. I didn't know someone could be so demeaning, rude and unhelpful. I tried for weeks to get a reservation charge reversed. I was awarded a free night through the chain and this person charged me for it. Then refused to refund it or to even work with me. Just yells at me "you gotta do whacha gotta do" ??? Thankfully the Hotel chain did help me, but I will never stay at this Hotel with that manager.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joeyfauch
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The trip would have been an great success if the manager was more hospitable. She yelled across the lobby at me that she "does not allow any smoking in her facilities anywhere" when I was vaping. When I tried to talk with her that it would have been more professional if she would have come over to me to ask me to stop. She then said "I had every right to come at you like that" and that I was rude to her for not saying good morning back to her when she said it to me earlier that morning. She also used the excuse that she had 4 or 5 brothers (i can't remember as it really is not relevant) so her personality is "dominant"

I did not hear or see her say that. Then she proceeded to tell me that I did and she had it on camera that I walked past her with out acknowledging her. She invited me to her back office to show me on camera where I ignored her that morning. in the course of the conversation she "said it was definitely you because she and a co-worker were back there yesterday catching me on the video and laughing at me.

I was totally appalled that she would say such a thing. I told her I'd heard enough and didn't need to hear or see anymore. I left her office and went on my day. The next morning (checkout) a bill was slipped under my door for $150 plus tax for a cleaning fee for "smoking a vapor cig in the breakfast room." there are no signs against vaping in the hotel anywhere.

I never saw her smile once at my family or her staff. There was a constant scowl on her face. When communicated with her staff or me. Her attitude was atrocious to be in the hospitality business but better suited for a shipping yard.

The examples could go on but I do not have the time. Also our room had a plastic wall saver bar down and put in a corner. when we arrived. See pic below. I usually don't let little things bother me, I know this is a busy season but with everything else...... this is just another thing.

This was my first experience with the comfort chain and will be my last. I have always stayed with the Marriott chains

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Carolyn D
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Me and the family spent one night in this hotel. We had room 206 and the room was very clean and well appointed. I loved the fact that the AC was already turned on and running so we were greeted with a nice cool room. If you are going to stay there and need snacks be sure and bring some to your room. They had a very limited supply of snacks for sale at the front desk and no vending machines except for soft drinks. On the day of check out we went to breakfast about 8am and there was only one other couple there. The flavored waffle dispenser didn't work so we only had regular waffles. The eggs didn't look very appealing. Other than the one minor thing with the breakfast everything was nice. Wireless worked fine, TV worked fine on our trip. I also liked having a digital thermostat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Renee D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Our staff check to make sure the flavor of the day side was working fine on the dispenser.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you.

At our hotel, we have a "Commitment to Your Satisfaction".

Again thank you for staying with us