“Great food great atmosphere”

Peppers Mexican Grill and Cantina
Ranked #16 of 278 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We went here for my daughter's birthday and had great time. The chips and dip was bottomless and the waiter was very attentive to all our needs. We were a big group but got some awesome service. And they sang happy birthday to my daughter.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

A one man show when I visited the bar, Roberto the bartender, made the experience a grand one. He was friendly and attentive. His suggestions were spot on. He took time to engage in conversation I initiated but was never intrusive during my meal. He steadfastly cleaned my bar space as I finished my first beer and meal. The shrimp and vegetable platter had a generous portion. The two for one Pacifico drafts cleansed the palate well. The place has a steady, full crowd which is why I stopped in for dinner. Four salsa bowls into the meal Roberto was still checking in to see if I needed more. When a fellow diner rolled up next to me, Roberto knew him and took similar care of his new arrival. Good service can make questionable food good. Here there was nothing questionable about the food and the service was better than good.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I drove over from P'cola to have lunch with some boatie friends from Texas ...

We sat at the bar, as usual, for faster service .... We all had something different ... I had the amazing rellenos, one friend had carne asada and the other had chimichangas ...I had a michilada (a two handed drink here) and the other guys had modelos ... we all tasted each other's food and agreed it was on par, if not better than, some of our favorite places in Texas ... that, amigos, means good food ... the drinks are two-for-one which is a plus ... my tab for food, drinks, taxes and a 25% tip was under $20 (cheapest of the three)

The atmosphere is what I like about Mexico ... happy noise and really crowded with people of all ages ... it looks, sounds and smells like an upscale place in Mexico .... The two hour drive from P'cola was worth the meal at Pepper's ... I'll do it again ...

Now I know why I never see Mexicans in the Mexican restaurants in P'cola ... they all come here

1  Thank mike g
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We came with friends on a busy dinner time. My daughter and I shared fajita mexicano, youngest daughter ordered enchilada and husband ordered chimichanga lovers. Food was really good- good size serving. We all had some leftover to take home. The only thing we didn't like is the noise. We'll definitely go back there but maybe try during lunch time.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We came with a large group after some friends of ours wanted to return here to eat. We were seated after a very short wait. Drinks and food came out amazingly fast for our group of 20. We all agreed the shrimp dishes were the best. My husband and I shared shrimp tacos. Fabulous and plenty for two. Everyone else took home boxes. I would eat there again.