“Nice place to stay for business traveler”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City
Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Munford, Alabama
“Nice place to stay for business traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Panama City and found it to be a nice place. My room was very clean and I had no problems at all. The front dest was very efficient and check in and out was extremely quick. The hotel is also very convenient to restaraunts and shopping. I would definately stay again if I travel to this area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
CIS-PCFL, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City, responded to this review, 1 December 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review. We are working diligently to fine tune the operation of the hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Harlingen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

Me and my family stayed here it looked nice from the outside the rocking chairs caught our attention. I work for a country inns and suites this hotel is ok but they shouldn't have the old furniture near stairwell I know they are remoldeling but there is no excuse. Room smelled like smoke shouldve been reported by housekeeping and not be rented out.
Customer service on front desk is horrible not really trying to pay attention to guests.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Jax, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

Filthy carpet, couch, and furniture. Disinterested workers. Cleaning staff vacummed hallway at 8:30am on weekend. Breakfast buffet was dismal. Pretty far from the beach.

On the plus side, bed was ok. Computer in lobby worked. Paid $99 for a 1 BR suite during peak season.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

Pros: Definitely price and free breakfast! This hotel fit into our vacation budget very nicely at $53 per night. The breakfast consisted of various cold cereals, oatmeal, make-your-own Belgian waffles, fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels, and a hot entree that changes daily. Hot entrees include bacon with French toast, biscuits with sausage gravy and sausage with pancakes. Another very nice bonus was the warm, fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies served with coffee that are available in the lobby throughout the day. The large breakfast muffins are also Otis Spunkmeyer. The room was adequate. Beds are very soft with plenty of pillows. Bathroom includes blow-dryer and coffee-maker and shower with bowed out curtain rod for extra room. Nice toiletries provided such as Pantene shampoo and conditioner, soaps, mouthwash, Vaseline lotion, and shower cap. This hotel is near many restaurants and a Wal-mart. A computer with printer is provided in the lobby for guest use.
Cons: Just a few. Airport is nearby so jets fly over very low. Cleaning service is good one day, bad the next. We did request a rollaway bed after one night and it was delivered promptly with no extra charge. Never had a problem getting more towels. This hotel is a 15-minute or so drive to the beach, depending on traffic. Smallish outdoor pool had caterpillars galore dropping from the overhanging trees.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Century, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

My husband and I now try to only stay at Country Inns & Suites Hotels. They're the best we've stayed at (for the price we can afford) so far! This was a great one too! I am a very picky/germaphob person. I don't walk on the hotel room floors barefooted, anywhere! I always check the bed for "unwanted things" (ie: hair, nasty stains, etc.) before I ever get the bags out of the car and this hotel's beds were cleaner than I've ever seen. The room also smelled clean! They blew us away with their hospitality. Juila, the lady at the front desk, was so nice, asking us many different times if we needed anything, and we only stayed one night! When she said she was about to make cookies we were waiting for the rest of our group to arrive in town. (We were in Panama city for a Ministry Class) We were going to go to dinner with them, but we were waiting a while in our hotel room. I decided to freshen up. While I did my husband went down to ask if the cookies were ready yet. They weren't, but Juila said she'd bring some to our room. When he told me that, I almost fainted. And she did bring us four cookies (one cookie of each kind for each of us). When do you ever hear of service like that in a reasonably priced hotel? The cookies were warm and heavenly tasting! It took me back home for a minute. They weren't just chocolate chip either. They were Triple Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake! Mmmmmmm!! My husband and I have wondered what brand they use ever since then. Enough about the cookies. The hotel itself was surrounded on two sides by trees and the traffic out front was very minimal. The pool was outside at the back of the building and away from peeping-tom traffic. I liked that! They had amenities on the bathroom counter I didn't expect, like q-tips. The shower rod was one of those new bowed out rods that give you more elbow room. The wall above the tub was getting to that "time to repaint" stage, but wasn't that bad yet. We had 5 CLEAN towels and wash cloths, besides the 4 hand towels in our one King bed room. Our room was very spacious! It only had lights (lamps) all around the perimeter of the room though. Some people don't like that, but my husband and I didn't mind. With the sunlight through the window it was plenty. The breakfast was good. I love the "make your own waffle" machines. I eat blueberry waffles almost every day for breakfast and theirs was pretty good. They could have used some more meats though (ie: bacon). Oh yeah that nice lady, Juila, informed us about a room price special they were running while we were there. It lowered our cost by $20.00. They were so nice and ready to help. They were doing some work on the hotel the Saturday morning we were there, but even the workers were professional and you didn't have to worry about them being in your way. They gladly held the door for you. I also loved the fact that not only did they had a front stair case and front entrance to your room, they also had doors periodically down the side of the building leading to the interior corridor or indoor stairs to the top corridor. And of course, for safety reasons, you had to use your room key to get in to them! The beds were comfortable and clean! A bad hotel choice can ruin your whole trip (My husband and I know that from plenty of experience), but this hotel was a great choice! I looooved this hotel and their courteous staff!!! Country Inns & Suites Panama City, FL will be at the top of our list next time we go back to Panama City, FL!!!

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

Booked one night stay at the Country Inns and Suites on Harrison Ave (Note: This is NOT the one by the beach).

1. Upon arrival found out that they were replacing the carpet in the hotel. Old and new carpet is stacked everywhere...in hallways, stairwells, etc.

2. The Country Inn rocking chairs (you know the ones you expect to find at CI's nationwide) are filthy, and are apparently ONLY used by employees who go out for smoke breaks. There are ashtrays everywhere. Looks more like an employee break-room than a place for guests to relax.

3. I found out #2 because I had to go outside to make a phone call. My cell phone won't work in my room!!!! According to the front-desk, it's because of the hotel's metal roof. What kind of hotel is built so as to block cell signals? I'm a business traveler -- I don't like to not be able to talk on my cell in my room. Had I known even this one fact I guarantee I would not be here.

4. while trying to find another place outside to make a phonecall (sigh) I tried the pool. the pool furniture is every bit as disgusting and filthy as the rocking chairs out front.

I realize this property is under renovation, but when a hotel renovates they should strive to make it transparent to their business travelers. This hotel did not succeed. Very dissapointed. Will not stay here again and will report to Gold Points Plus.

• Liked — Room was clean and internet access in the room (DSL) was free
  • Disliked — My cellphone did not work in my room due to hotel's metal roof!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mike W
houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2008

Spent one night at the Country Inns and Suites Panama City. Paid $110 on their website.

The room was a little on the small side, but the TV had a fair number of english channels and the room had wired high speed internet. The air conditioning worked. The room was clean.

The toilet ran all night and it took quite a while to get a power cord for the modem.

The was room service available from the onsite TGIF. The buffett breakfast was average.

There was a small pool and a pitiful fitness center.

The location was fine as it was near restaurants.

Overall it was OK.

• Liked — Free high speed internet
  • Disliked — Poor fitness center
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hmflyer