American Quality Lodge Panama City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$88
Country Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$128
GardenInn.com
TownePlace Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$144
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$119
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$191
ComfortSuites
Red Roof Inn Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$91
Red Roof
US$64
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$106
ComfortInn
Holiday Inn Panama City(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$90
SuburbanHotels
All reviewsroom was cleanguest laundryspring breakhousekeeping staffpanama city beachmercedes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This place is truly the worst of the worst. I'm still a bit too upset to write a cogent dialogue, so I'll sum up my experience with bullet points:

*Three young men standing on the front steps asked if I wanted to buy some drugs (this was likely a joke, as I looked like a young, single, scared woman, but still!)
*Location 1/2 block from strip club advertising "Amateur Night-Ladies Welcome"
*Office is nearly unfindable...and scary once you do find it
*Returned to my car to find someone peeing two feet from the front tire. He stared at me, and finished his business without any appearance of hurry.
*Hotel appears to be home for multiple residents - several ratty couches were pulled out into the parking lot or in front of the motel rooms, and a crowd of nearly exclusively young men were congregating on them.

Got into my room - it was really filthy. Front door seemed pretty unreliable, lock weak. Stayed two hours and left, scared for both myself and my car. I would not stay here again if it were free. It is hard to describe the feeling of relief I experienced when I got back in my car and locked the doors.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank BlueBear92
valulodge, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

As the new G.M. at the American Quality Lodge, let me start by apologizing for the problems you endured and by saying thank you for bringing these things to our attention. We are in the process of addressing each of problems you mentioned, as well as many more concerns of our own. We are committed to making this motel one that anyone would feel safe and comfortable staying in.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Out of a 5 star I wouldn't give it any STARS!!! This place was disgusting! The carpet was so filthy my husband and I refused to walk on it with our bare feet, and it had holes in it and was torn. One of the bedspreads had sperm all over it. The chair was filthy with all kinds of stains. The lamp shades were torn and to top it all off, there were roaches in the bathroom that were also coming out of the toilet! Someone needs to get the health dept. in there and I want my money back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kimmie213
Reviewed 18 March 2011

This motel was a good choice for people like us who don't want to pay the higher prices on the beach. We had a small kitchen in our room that was we used daily. The room was clean and everything worked, so we were happy. The pool was a lot of fun and the staff was really friendly. We has a good time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2011

If you are looking for a good room that's cheap, I recommend this motel. It is clean and the pool is really great. The rooms have kitchenettes which we really liked. It's not fancy, but clean & the price is right. I think they accept pets too

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This hotel is pretty good for the low prices and great for extended stay. This is a good hotel for if you are pretty easy to please like me and would rather save some money. We are here for hopefully a couple months and have a weekly rate that is close to $30 a day. The room has a kitchenette and there is coin laundry which is helpful. The pool is nice and there is a game room on site with pool tables and video games. The staff is pretty good and do a good job. It may not be the Hilton, but it works well for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business