“DONT GO!!”

American Quality Lodge Panama City
Ranked #29 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Mold, mildew, cigarrate smoke, stains on bright green carpet, scary people outside. We pulled in for a quick, cheap, one night stay and turned around. Motel 6 ok... This NO!!

• Stayed: July 2011
valulodge, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you so much for your review, and let me apologize for the problems you had. The carpet you discussed will soon be a thing of the past. Our housekeeping department will also be doing extra cleaning during the off season to make sure we don't have any issues with mold or mildew in the future. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to get you to give us another chance.

There are newer reviews for American Quality Lodge Panama City

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was, to its truest form, a ROACH MOTEL. But some other charming features, besides our little creepy crawling friends, were the underwear left in the dresser, the huge cigarette burns on the bedding and the lovely dark stains on the carpet. Needless to say, we will NEVER use Priceline for our travel needs again!

P.S. Don't bother asking for a refund as you go screaming from your room...it's not going to happen!

Room Tip: If you're going to stay, leave your bags in the car so you don't bring the roaches home with...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AllisonCarl
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We were on a vacation with a limited budget and a dog, this Hotel offered us a clean room with a microwave and mini fridge and allowed us to have our pet in the room. It was clean and tidy but very 70s retro(which I thought was kinda cool) Panama city was about a 15 minute drive, the pool was clean and neat and they offered picnic tables with bbq grills. All and all our two night stay was comfortable and relaxing and the beds weren't too bad either. We will definately stay in a quality hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mojojojo2768
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Do not stay here. It's very very sketchy and the people who stay and/or live here are creepy as hell. Sketchy individuals were always crowded around the cars, which made it difficult to feel like my car being in the parking lot, would even be there the next day. Looks like a halfway house. Carpets were utterly disguisting. The door didn't even close all the way and the bolt lock was broken. The pool was green, and crowded with kids. The ceiling looks like it's about to cave in and the floor was no different. We found matted up hair on the bedspread, and the bathrooms were terrible. We could hear everything our neighbors were saying. Chewed up sunflower seeds were in all the drawers. Wouldn't recommend ANYONE stay here. Do not do it!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Nancyleeee
valulodge, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

First let me apologize for the problems you had while you were at our motel. We are doing everything in our power to make sure these kind of problems do not occur. We are currently in the process of remodeling in hopes of fixing the problems you had with the carpet, ceiling, and bathroom. I have also had a meeting with my housekeeping staff to try and ensure they are doing a quality job. Again I apologize, and thanks for bringing these issues to my attention.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

Bear in mind I was traveling on a tight budget and I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

This motel is basically a dump. My first problem was getting into the room since the key didn't work. The room itself could use some vacuuming and the fridge had some old food left by the previous visitors. On the bright side I didn't see any bugs. Adding to that, there were some shady people who appeared to live in this motel. I can't say I felt threatened but the view of bunch of people, tatooed top to bottom, loitering around made me feel very safe.

Only thing that was good about this motel was a washer/dryer available to guests... and I suppose tenants. All in all go elsewhere, even if it will cost you a bit more.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Krzysiek82
valulodge, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Thank you so much for bringing the cleanliness issues to my attention and let me apologize for the problems you experienced. I have already had a meeting with my housekeeping department and corrected the problem. Also, my maintenance men are checking every lock we have this week to make sure we don't have anymore problems with the locks. We are always trying to improve the quality of our motel so we will be able to improve the quality of the guests stay so thanks again for your input.

Reviewed 11 June 2011

This place is truly the worst of the worst. I'm still a bit too upset to write a cogent dialogue, so I'll sum up my experience with bullet points:

*Three young men standing on the front steps asked if I wanted to buy some drugs (this was likely a joke, as I looked like a young, single, scared woman, but still!)
*Location 1/2 block from strip club advertising "Amateur Night-Ladies Welcome"
*Office is nearly unfindable...and scary once you do find it
*Returned to my car to find someone peeing two feet from the front tire. He stared at me, and finished his business without any appearance of hurry.
*Hotel appears to be home for multiple residents - several ratty couches were pulled out into the parking lot or in front of the motel rooms, and a crowd of nearly exclusively young men were congregating on them.

Got into my room - it was really filthy. Front door seemed pretty unreliable, lock weak. Stayed two hours and left, scared for both myself and my car. I would not stay here again if it were free. It is hard to describe the feeling of relief I experienced when I got back in my car and locked the doors.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank BlueBear92
valulodge, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

As the new G.M. at the American Quality Lodge, let me start by apologizing for the problems you endured and by saying thank you for bringing these things to our attention. We are in the process of addressing each of problems you mentioned, as well as many more concerns of our own. We are committed to making this motel one that anyone would feel safe and comfortable staying in.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Out of a 5 star I wouldn't give it any STARS!!! This place was disgusting! The carpet was so filthy my husband and I refused to walk on it with our bare feet, and it had holes in it and was torn. One of the bedspreads had sperm all over it. The chair was filthy with all kinds of stains. The lamp shades were torn and to top it all off, there were roaches in the bathroom that were also coming out of the toilet! Someone needs to get the health dept. in there and I want my money back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple