“Gyro Cafe in Panama City is great!”
Review of Gyro Cafe

Gyro Cafe
Ranked #19 of 263 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Panama City, Florida
“Gyro Cafe in Panama City is great!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I have been a customer of this restaurant for many years. The place is cleaner than most, offers a great variety of foods, and in my opinion, one of the best casual eateries around. The service is always friendly, the food is very consistent, and it is all way above average. I do find the pricing to be a little high, but there are usually coupons available and they usually run a daily special that is affordable. On Thursdays, they feature a special price on their "Two Can Dine" and it's my favorite time to go there.

• Visited August 2012

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
“Sunshineshores”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I love this cafe. Friendly staff, fast service, great food, and afforadable pricing. I keep going back for more.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Emily K
GeoffEnglish, Owner at Gyro Cafe, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Thank you for visiting us, Emily, and we hope we can have you in again soon!
“Over priced and Americanized”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a small, clean and plain place. The tzatiki sauce was made with sour cream so it tasted like sour cream, not tzatitiki. When you order the $5.99 sandwich it come with nothing. I chose to get the hummus to go with my sandwich, which was $2.49, the same price as the fries. It was a 2oz serving with 6 triangles of greasy, fried pita. The hummus was good, thick as opposed to smooth and creamy but the flavor was ok.

The wait staff was polite.

It wasn't awful but it wasn't just ok and way to expensive for this food and restaurant style.

$5.99 gyro

Panama City, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland and Greasy”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Came here because I was really craving a gyro and we had been wanting to try this place for a while. Upon entrance the place is nicely decorated and the staff is very friendly, but the service and food was a big disappointment.

While the waitress did a very good job of explaining the menu and how each order could be customized, when we ordered we got exactly the opposite of what we asked.

I ordered a traditional gyro which came with a ton of lettuce but very little meat or sauce, and the so called "best fries" were soggy and undercooked. The appetizers seem very well priced on the menu until you see the portion size. We ordered the onion petals which are $3.49 and got about 20 small pieces and a lot of fried batter crumbs.

Average price of our meals was about $10.50.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank raypel
, Public Relations Manager at Gyro Cafe, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Raypel: I would like to thank you for your comments. I appreciate it when our guests take the time to help us with our restaurants. I agree with you about our fries, they have been not been as good as I would like lately. We are now purchasing Idaho potatoes instead of russets and are having much better results. We are trying to improve our appetizers with more of a Mediterranean influence and will probably be dropping the onion straws altogether. Thanks again for you thoughts.
“The people are so dumb!”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I came here with my parents tonight because my father really likes gyros. However they not only forgot our appetizer at the beginning, which wasn't a big deal of course, but I had asked for no mushrooms on my gyro and they put them on there anyway. Again, not a big deal, I simply started picking them off. Well the waiter woman saw me doing this and insisted on making me a new gyro, even after I told her it was fine and I had almost finished picking them off anyway. After a minute or two I gave in and accepted her hospitality. The new gyro was better, made right, but they still didn't taste that great, sort of bland. Anyway, as we went to pay we noticed she charged us for BOTH gyro's, the bad one and corrected one, even though I told her over and over that I did not want the new one. Also don't be fooled by "best fries in the bay", they were disgusting and soggy with grease. We will never come back here again.

3 Thank PelletierCR
, Public Relations Manager at Gyro Cafe, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
PelletierCR: I am sorry you had such a poor experience at our restaurant. I agree with you about our fries, they have been not been as good as I would like lately. We are now purchasing Idaho potatoes instead of russets and are having much better results. I hope you will come back in a give us second chance. Thank you for bringing these problems to my attention.