“Wonderful experience”

Sweet Magnolia's Deli
Ranked #56 of 271 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 17 November 2012

If you are not from PC, you will need your GPS to find this place, but it is worth the trip. They have soups, salads, and sandwiches. Everything I have had here is very tasty. The corn-potato chowder is one of my favorites. Save room for dessert. When they bring the dessert tray out, only the strongest can resist. My favorite is the caramel cake, but they sometimes run out if we go late in the week. The servers are very good. This is a small restaurant, so either go early or prepare to wait. There is outdoor seating. We go every time we are in the area and highly recommend it. The prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank gardener5082
There are newer reviews for Sweet Magnolia's Deli

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great place to meet a friend for lunch and catch up on the latest news! The food is excellent and always fresh. The menu has a good selection of food choices, too. The desserts look and taste absolutely wonderful.......try one!

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I got to Sweet Mags at least once or twice a week. All the ladies that work there are so friendly and the food is always delicious. They make great sandwiches, with awesome sides and the cheesy potato soup is amazing. In fact, every soup I've ever tried there is amazing. SAVE ROOM FOR DESSERT! Dessert is a must at Sweet Mags. They bring an amazing dessert tray to your table that makes it impossible to say no. I love the vibe here and I give it my highest recommendation!

1  Thank jenfreckles
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Had lunch here with a coworker. He had the Reuben, I had a club. Both good sized with ample filling. He had a cup of the cheesy potato soup and I had the chicken/sausage gumbo. The gumbo was a little light for my taste (I prefer a darker broth) but was very good.
Sandwiches come with a side salad (pasta for me) that was not bad too.
Didn't try the dessert, was pleasantly full just from the sandwich and soup. I actually only ate half the sandwich, I was so full. took the rest home with me.
Overall a nice little place to have lunch. Waitresses were all very friendly. Food came out in a tolerable amount of time. Not super fast, but I wasn't looking at my watch either.
Overall, recommended!

Reviewed 16 August 2010

My first time eating at sweet magnolias I was really charmed by the atmosphere, it's very relaxed and friendly. The menu is simple but perfect for lunchtime. Their potato salad is the best I have ever tasted. The dessert tray is amazing. I had a lemon blueberry cake that was delicious. I've heard their coconut cake is awesome.
Be warned you may have to wait for a table - this is obviously a very popular dining spot and it gets very busy.