“Cant Believe This One!”

Finns Island Style Grub
Ranked #4 of 276 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Grill
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I was born and raised less than a mile from this location! Having never been here, we were in town on vacation and just wandered into the Little Village shopping. We were so impressed, we came back later for dinner. Having been to the other places in St. Andrews, Finns gets it right. No fancy stuff here. A mystical fairy filled tree lined lake view with random seating, picnic benches, etc., suit yourself. We ordered a large civeche, being promised it was the best. The best perhaps not, as it with everything we ordered was slightly underseasoned, but a dash of lime fixed it. Full of shrimp(I mean full!0, this mix of tomatoes,onion,lime,cilantro....yum. This does rival the originals down in Mexico! I got the fish tacos, blackened please. This was a mess.....a great mess! Chock full of delicious fresh fish, just a hint of blackened seasoning, cabbage slaw and lime dressing,cheese, yes, they make cheese and fish work! Served on small corn tortillas, they cannot be folded over without exploding, so be ready to get your hands dirty! We had a side of guac, this rates way on up there. It was full of creamy smooth avacado with the perfect balance of citrus, this little cup of guac was close to culinary heaven! Served with individual bags of Tostitos, this would be my only main complaint. If they had fresh tortillas, I would be so often I could get mail! If you come to St. Andrews and waste time and money on "seafood" restaurants on Beck and not go one block over, you wasted the entire trip!!!! Finally somebody that gets it!!!!! And while you wait for your meal you can shop in the Little Village, a funky little artisan joint, with a great selection of stuff you didn't know you needed! We didn't see (or hear) any entertainment, but a board promoted live music later in the evening. Go over the bridge. find a lawn chair, have some fish tacos and know life is good!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Ate dinner and had the best fish tacos ever! Very casual and laid back. Outdoor eating from a stationary food truck like setup. Delicious!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We tried the fish tacos, pork tacos and sweet potatoes. The food was fresh and pretty good. They don't serve beer or alcohol.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

After a four hour swim with the dolphins with Water planet USA we stopped off at Finns for some fish tacos. My husband and I split three types of tacos, ahi tuna, fish and shrimp. Great tacos! Great bite to them! Best fish tacos that I've ever had! Don't pass this little place up!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Thought we would try a local chuck wagon eatery for lunch getting great reviews as #2 on this list. You practically sit in a parking lot, long wait time after ordering with no beer available, that's right no alcohol! The fish tacos must have been a 3 inch circle with hardly any fish but 4 inches of shredded cabbage on top. The tortilla fell apart and had to eat with a fork. Very fresh but to taste it you had to eat each ingredient separately. The island style nachos was a disaster being microwaved but the pineapple was very good. Ate very little of it. Drinks were not very cold either. Only reason not getting a ONE STAR, it was fresh. You can't please everybody, and I'm heading back to hotel for a snack and a beer.