“We had to call the police”

Quality Inn And Suites Panama City
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
lafayette
“We had to call the police”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

A friend and I planned a vacation to Panama City Beach Florida. We looked up hotels and from looking at the pictures, thought this was the one for us. When we arrived, the front desk worker greeted us. As we drove to the back to get to our room it looked more unpleasant. As soon as we opened the door, the room smelled a strong ordor of mildew/mold. We pulled back the sheets and had little holes in them. We looked at the mattress the was soiled in dirt and looked like it was picked up off the side of the road. The shower wall had pubic hairs on it. The curtain was stained with mildew. The room was nasty. We had no choice to stay that night because we had a long drive. We called management to cancel the rest of the stay and refund us our money back. They told me it would take 18 days to get my refund which was unacceptable because I do not reside in Florida. I had to write my banking information down and they had to fax my bank the next morning to release the holds so I can get my money back. Well I brought the manager my information with the fax number. We actually got a room next door to Best Western (completely comfortable); the next morning the funds were not in my account after talking to my back who had never received the fax from the hotel. So i went to ask the manager to fax the information while I was there and she showed me the number she so-say faxed it to the first time. She changd the # 1 in the fax number to a # 9. By this time I was pissed. I called the police and had to taken care of. Please stay away from this place; very unprofessional and not trustworthy.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lashawn p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2011

The pictures do NOT reflect the actual hotel. The room had a musty odor, there were little bugs flying around- I swear my 4 yr old daughter tried to kill about 5 that were lined up on the wall. The tub and toilet along with the carpet and bedding really need to be updated. The best thing about this place is the location to the beach and the breakfast, however, I would have rather spent more money eating out than the 'bargain' we got a this hotel. We paid $89/night so basicly we got what we paid for but the pictures on the website are VERY deceiving. Do yourself a favor and spend more money at a nicer hotel- especially if your staying with kids. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LivinLife00

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 September 2010

worse experience we have ever encountered at any hotel and especially Choice Hotels. We asked the front desk around 12 noon saturday when were the beds being made. told the front desk commode was stopped up i was told that they would get to it as soon as they did stairwells, and etc I asked them what we were to do because the bathroom was needed to be used, we also requested new towel we were told that we would have to bring dirty towels back before they could give new ones who ever heard of such!!

The gentleman was very loud and agitated he seem to have a problem with certain group of people.

Another thing he called out a quest and told her she could not take breakfast back to the room but yet we seen that the frontdesk peron had no problem with certain other people taking food to room they walked right passed him and nothing was said. My fiance and I spoke to the frontdesk person regarding policy on the food and he got very defensive and said he did not have time to listen he was trying to get breakfast prepared, when is it you are told by hotel they do not have time for their guest!!!!

Choicehotels needs to seriously check into this hotel poorly ran, rude, inconsiderate of others, you had his wife there and she was never present during the entire process until myself and my fiance came to front desk then she was all mouthy talking about things that she was not even present when original conversation was started with the frontdesk guy, she should have never opened her mouth, she also said that we would have to wait on the commode being stopped they had to take care of the breezeways first.. That is so unacceptable we always have stayed at Choice Hotels 98% of the time but because of the way we were treated and also filing a complaint with ChoiceHotels is a joke. They allow these independent people run these hotels but yet they take no responsibilty for locations actions! Sending a survey to me is not resolving the problem we were told by customer service where we filed the complaint told us that the hotel send us a letter we never recieved any type of letter or a phone call what type of mess is that,

Everyone will know how we were treated by Choice Hotels and definitly about the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
new orleans
Reviewed 22 September 2009

The pillows smelled like mildew... The MANAGER told us to use airfresher..Sugar ants on the counter top, and worst of all my two yr old found a condom wrapper under the bed. ..The manager's attitude sucked! In return we got a gift certificate for a dozen of free donuts from Krispy Kreme... I kid u not. Pass this Motel up! I wouldnt it to my worst enemy.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank lateshakc
Southwestern New Mexico
Reviewed 4 March 2006

Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Panama City, FL. on June 5th, 2005, the night before my Mother's funeral. It was a late check in (11PM) and we asked the desk clerk for a wake up call at 6am, and even mentioned to him the IMPORTANCE of this wake up call. We received NO WAKE UP CALL and ended up being half an hour LATE to my Mother's funeral!! Don't count on these people for wake up calls!!

4 Thank LuvMySoldier714