“Great Food, Best Value!”
Review of Everest Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Everest Indian Cuisine
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My wife and I saw an ad in the local paper about Everest on the day we happened to be driving through Panama City, and then we noticed it occupying a small space on a corner lot. Humble on the outside and diner-like on the inside, it seemed to fit my idea of a quick lunch place. We were greeted by a couple of friendly staff members and, being that it was still early, no one else. We sat right down and got our drink order in - I had to try the Indian beers, and both were pretty good lagers. A light appetizer arrived quickly and had the most wonderful fresh nan with some mildly spicy fixings. Very tasty. And the soup (khopa) was perfect - creamy coconut and tomato blend - which does not actually sound that great but had a wonderful flavor. We both had entrees that included some curry flavors with chicken and rice, and both had just the right amount of everything. Perfect lunch portions matched with good solid flavor and none of the over-the-top spiciness I've experienced in other places. My wife loved her dish. We always discuss if this could be recreated at home, and this is one of those styles of cooking that tends to make us think we are better off going out to find. After a nice little dessert, we received a nice little bill that reminded us that the lunch special was all-inclusive (except for the beers). Bottom line is that the food was very good, service very nice, price low, and value is top notch. If we find ourselves cruising through the city again around lunch time and feeling hungry, we will definitely consider stopping in and trying a couple of new dishes.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We have enjoyed the absolute best Indian Cuisine in town. The Staff are very friendly. The restaurant is clean. The prices are very reasonable. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Luckily a co-worker told me about Everest back in Dec when they opened and I've been going back ever since! Their lunch special is the best deal around, only $7 for soup, entree, naan and dessert! I've tried almost everything on the lunch menu and have not been dissapointed. For dinner their menu is more expansive and expensive but the quality is worth every penny. The dishes are flavorful and spiced appropriately to order (mild, med or hot) and the Masala chai (one of my litmus tests for good Indian) has a wonderful medley of spices desired following the meal. The staff is very attentive and friendly; when I asked if they were adding any Nepalese items my waiter chatted with me about some of the updates to the menu that were coming soon. While they are a new and developing business, they do need to focus on the interior of their restaurant which is a bit sparse, but that will come with time. I really appreciated their interest in me as a returning customer and plan on being a long-time fan.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Taj Palace served the best Indian food I can recall in this area, but some combination of a somewhat inconvenient location, a sense of formality and overpricing for Hooterville was more than they could survive. The dishes we had at Everest---palak paneer (milder than I expected), keema muttar (pleasantly hot) and rayta---were all very good, as was the chapati (the accompanying condiments were outstanding); one side of the naan was thick and a bit doughy, possibly an accident of how it landed on the oven. The $33 for the meal was perhaps a shade on the high side for the area but not outrageous; a fairly complete lunch special is more competitively priced. The menu may prove to be too expansive and eventually be trimmed back, but for the present the only thing we missed was dosas. The facility is clean and bright, done simply and acoustically very hot---a place one would eagerly go to rehearse a barbershop quartet but not for privacy---and the staff was friendly and appeared both happy to be there and competent. Wait times from 7 p.m. on a Friday at 85% occupancy were 7 minutes to see water, chapati and a menu; ordering went fairly quickly; however, it took a bit more than 45 minutes more for the meal to arrive, clearly fresh out of the cooking vessels. We ordered no appetizers but noted that they arrived in a few minutes at nearby tables, and I couldn't see the counter to look for carryout orders (which invariably delay eat-in service). The server apologized about the delivery time, which, taken with earlier reviews, suggested that they have hit their stride and that one should expect to wait closer to 30 minutes in general.

We will definitely go back---with a book of crossword puzzles (just in case)---to explore more of the menu.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Everest Indian Cuisine is the best thing that has happened to the Gulf Coast since Dolphins were invented! Fantastic food, amazing flavors, this place does the best Indian food you will find.
The service is unhurried, not slow, in fact it is at an ideal pace to savor and enjoy the dishes.
No buffet here, everything is freshly cooked to order. The Onion Bhajis are wonderful, pakora just as it should be and the curries are as hot or as mild as you want them. Their Butter Chicken is amazing with a creamy sauce like velvet.
Tandoori arrives sizzling at the table, curries in individual dishes. Don't forget the mouthwatering deserts!
You will not find a better Indian eatery anywhere on the Gulf Coast.