Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Elyria, Ohio
“Mediocre room”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Concierge was not friendly and seemed to have a bad attitude. We stayed with another couple who checked in later and they got the same bad attitude from her. The rest of the hotel staff was friendly and polite to us. The room was mediocre not what we have grown to expect from Holiday Inn. The pool area was not very clean. I felt for the price things should much nicer than they were.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Grandparentsof4,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that this particular visit was negatively affected by the service received from our concierge and if the room you received did not live up to your liking. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Regards,

Pam G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Concierge was great, no issues there. Although it was the first time I've been to a HIEx and not received a Priority Club "goody" bag though (not important at all but just remembered it).

Room was mediocre at best. Heavy mold smell, towels were not very clean, bathroom looked as if it was only wiped down with a wet paper towel. The breakfast tasted like it was two days old each morning and an awful apple/orange juice.

Fitness room should be labelled bike room as that's all they had. But it wasn't very good in my opinion. But I've expected more since I've been traveling so much more the past two years.

Cleaning staff was unique although committed, each day (I was on a night shift schedule) I had to answer the door and say no thank you (the Do Not Disturb sign wasn't good enough???). Then The last three days I had phone calls all about an hour after saying no thank you at the door (maybe just coincidence as correlation does not equal causation).

Not a horrible place to stay but not the usual Holiday Inn Express quality.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Lonely_Traveler_44,

We value you as our Priority Club Rewards Member and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Harleysville
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Staff very good. Hotel room - not so much. The room had a great moldy smell.
Fitness Room - it was super hot and moldy, and the floor was wet.

I've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels, but this one just isn't even close to their usual standard.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NewTraveler112
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear NewTraveler112,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry our hotel fell below your expectations. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Very clean hotel. Close to stores such as Walgreens, CVS. Waffle house in front of hotel, right in front of Hwy 98, which is a straight shot to the beach. Gym was simple and functional. Beds were comfortable will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LStravel71
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I asked when I walked into this motel for my six day stay if the motel was newly built. I was surprised to hear that it has been here for six years. The motel is very well kept, although in my king room, some wallpaper was beginning to flip down from the walls.

Otherwise, everything about my stay was comfortable and relaxing. Unfortunately I am not much of a "sun" person so didn't take advantage of the pool or spa to relax; but it looked nice!

Breakfast was GREAT, with the traditional Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls, pancakes, and the usual fare each morning. Sadie, the breakfast host each day I was there was always cheery and ready to go! She was always willing to take a minute to share and find out who you were and why you were in town. So be sure to say hello to her from Jerry when you stop in here!! She does a great job at keeping things stocked up and if she knows you're leaving early the next morning, she's always happy to package something for you for your next day's travels.

Also, a great location too, right next to Hwy. 98 (1/2 block away), and a Walmart about 1 mile away, a CVS next door and a Walgreens across the street from there. Only a few minutes north of Tyndall Air Force base.

Room Tip: Normally I get a room away from the elevator. Since I got an upgrade due to platinum status, I got...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Jerry M
Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn's all the time for business travel and like them. This hotel is updated and offers all the amenities you'd expect. What I take issue with is the way the pool is photographed and how it appears online. For this reason I took and have included one of my own. We arrived with our two young swimmer age kids and would have found the pool laughable had it not been such a letdown to my wife and I. I didn't expect a resort style/size pool but bigger than the one we have at home is not an unreasonable expectation. This pool is MAYBE 25x12. You don't stay at Holiday Inn Express loctions for their pool but let's be honest in how we present what is offered to guests.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel was horrible. The second floor hallway smelled of urine so bad, we were afraid to breath the air. The room didn't stink as much, until we turned of the air conditioner. We packed up and left after being there for ten minutes. The hotel refused to refund my money. It also had a ton of lizards outside, probably there for the bugs.....

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Groovygina
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Groovygina,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.