“Nice quick stay”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Georgia
“Nice quick stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Had a brief one night stay at this hotel, and overall was a nice stay. The hotel is centrally located, with plenty of restaurant choices and shopping nearby. Lobby was clean and front desk staff was polite. We stayed in a regular king room, and found it to be clean, comfortable and modern, and we appreciated the free, quick WiFi. The bed was quite comfortable, and even though our room was right near the elevators, it was nice and quiet. My only complaint was that I forgot an item in my room, and didn't discover this until I arrived home. I was in town for several hours after I checked out and had the staff called me about the item I could have returned to get it and avoided my family having to pay to ship it back to me. That issue aside, I would be happy to stay here again on my next visit, but I would be sure to check and recheck the room before leaving!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GatorfansinGA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our family of five spent four nights in a junior suite and overall I was pretty impressed. The suite was adequate with a comfortable king bed and flat-screen TV and a separate living room area with a desk, pull-out sofa and additional flat-screen TV. The room also had a mini fridge and a microwave. The Hilton web site is very vague about what amenities each room has - had to call the hotel directly to find out if we would all fit and if there was a fridge! Overall, the room was just big enough for our family. Everything was clean and nice.

The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The night desk staff in particular was great - always greeting us with a smile. The cookie basket became a nightly treat for our family after a long day at the beach. Housekeeping was exceptional - the room was always cleaned well and the one day when I left a note requesting the bedding be changed, it was taken care of (always tip the housekeepers!) Another staff member saw me filling up our big cooler with my little ice bucket the night before we left and offered to fill the cooler up for us in the kitchen. Lots of above and beyond service like that here!

Things that were less impressive: The breakfast was just OK. We only tried it one morning. $9 per adult, the kids ate free. I had an omelet that tasted dry (not sure what sort of egg product went into it). My wife had a waffle that also just didn't taste right. But again, the waitress was great, as was the cook. We also used the pool just once and it was on the small side.

Things I would change: Where were the brochures for all the things to do around Panama City and PCB? This hotel definitely caters to business, which maybe is to be expected given the location. But brochures/local maps etc. would definitely be a nice addition. Also, as someone who works in the hotel industry, I found it odd that no photo I.D. was required at check-in or when I requested extra room keys a few days in to our visit. I thought this was standard security procedure and it made me a little nervous that I.D. wasn't checked.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Negative reviews are my least favorite to write. This is especially true if I am not angry about some specific incident(s).

In this case, I just have to report our sleep experience (which is after all, very important). Our bed felt like an elephant had slept in it. My side sagged right were my backbone is suppose to go. My wife reported her side was also uncomfortable. We arrived back to our room late and did not realize the problem until we were crawling into bed. Too late to change room, plus they were full if I am not mistaken so I don’t know to where we could have moved.

Overall this is a very nice place, relatively new and we’ve stayed here before (rating it very high). I recommend they flip the mattress in room 313 or else replace it. Since ours may be the exception, reviewers will perhaps call this to their attention on their future says at the hotel. My wife would never agree to return. She holds a grudge.

I would also just like to vent (not the hotel’s fault) about people who hoard the luggage carts in their rooms. We waited 2 hours for one of the two carts to show up and then finally had to move everything to our car a few item at a time, making about 5 trips. We are in our 70’s and my wife just had surgery on her arm. I was pretty tired by the time we got everything packed. Someone should make a small electronic radio to attach to these dang carts so the hotel could find them when a hoarder gets hold of them. Of course, the hotel could have more carts but no doubt there are many more hoarders lurking about.

Room Tip: Just check your bed before you move all your luggage from your car.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and the room was average. The staff was nice and polite. The breakfast was reasonably priced and good. The only con I have is my room smelled like old cigarette smoke. If I would have stayed for more days I would have requested a move.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
pensacola, FL
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This hotel is the BEST. My husband travels frequently to Panama City for business and he always stays at this hotel. He appreciates the comfortable friendly atmosphere. Travello Powells makes the best eggs! He is the chef. He can make an egg over medium better than I can at home. Diana is always there with a welcoming attitude. Slightest situation is always resolved quickly. Thanks Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are very clean and the beds are super comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I enjoyed staying here but at 4:00 in the morning we heard garbage trucks pulling in to the mall behind us. For the trouble and disatisfaction they refunded us, and there customer servive was amazing! If you are a light sleeper just request to be placed in the front where it is less noisy. Next time we stay there we plan on doing so but we didn't know when we booked the hotel. Also the beds were kinda hard, then again we were on queens. If you like complementery breakfast then your out of luck, as breakfast cost $8:99 per person.

Room Tip: If you sleep light remember to ask for a room not backing up to the mall.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip and this is the first hotel that I can actually say I didn't feel rushed by the housekeeping department. We travel a lot and sometimes when housekeeping comes to clean your room and you aren't ready if you ask the housekeeper to come back they look like you have just ruined their whole day! They never tell you that you are bothering them- they just look like you are (sometimes even with rolled eyes)..but this trip was different and Rachel the housekeeper was by far the best housekeeper EVER! She came to my room and although I told her to come on in, since she saw I was blowdrying my hair she said she would come back. She didn't want to get in my way and she didn't mind! She came back later and checked on me and again I was a little busy so she came back Again! She was so friendly and not at all put out by me being in her way! I've never had a housekeeper that was so nice and accommodating and she did a Great job on my room! The staff was very friendly and the rooms were great. The breakfast also was wonderful and the cook even made blueberry pancakes for me! The breakfast had lots of choices including fresh fruit. We were recently in Panama City before this trip and we stayed at a different hotel and I wasn't very happy with that hotel- my husband remembered having stayed before at Hilton Garden and decided to take me there instead...I'm so glad he did! We won't be staying in any of the other hotels on our next stay, we will definitely go back to Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#3 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!