“Expensive for what they offer”

Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Atlanta
“Expensive for what they offer”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night. It is a clean hotel located next to a bussy road. The area is not so good, it is a one night hotel. McDonalds walking distance. Pool good, clean but no jacuzzi! Breakfast avarage , but crowded. Very crowded. People waiting in line . Good internet conection. No tv in the lobby. Room was clean and comfortable . Houskeeping knocked on our door before 9 am and woke us up. They was very noisy. I paid $230 for night for a $100 max value hotel. Overpriced.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Erika07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

One of the nicest places I've stayed-nice to have a suite where I could just kick back in the lounge area instead of having to sit on a bed to watch the TV. Lovely staff and loved the laundry facilities as well-little things count for a lot when you've been traveling as much as I have

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sue L
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stay here frequently and I love the location, staff, breakfast, and beds. Most hotels in Panama City are pretty expensive during spring break and July, but It's expected. Very friendly staff that go out there way to accommodate you. I require a lot most requirements were met. Above all great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Older reviews of this hotel must have been written prior to this hotel's recent update. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and the staff super helpful. I would disregard prior posts as the hotel has clearly been renovated.

The hotel receptionist went completely out of her way to try to accommodate our request. Having read the prior reviews, I was skeptical, but entering the driveway it was clear the hotel was completely updated. This is a very comfortable Comfort Inn. Breakfast included, free wifi, and free parking. Check it out!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank onthegoLondon
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I went through Priceline to get a hotel in Panama City, FL. They put me in a Comfort Inn and Suites on the east side of the bridge. The area where this hotel was located was pretty rough. There were strip clubs and other "questionable" motels very close by. We got to the room fairly late and after we were there for a bit, we found hair between the sheet and comforter. We would have just moved over to the other bed, but we also found hair there too. I would have called Priceline to put me in another hotel, but it was already 11pm. The lobby person gave us some new sheets but we had to change them ourselves as no one else was there at that hour. The rest of the night was uneventful, other than the room felt very humid and we didn't get it cooled off enough.
The breakfast was complimentary, but the eggs were pretty stiff and the biscuits were hard on the bottom.
The manager on duty in the morning did offer us a free night stay for next time, but I wouldn't want to stay in that part of town if I go back to Panama City. This was a bad experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danny D
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2013

BED BUGS AND UNCLEAN ROOM!
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!
BAD MANAGEMENT!
Me and my husband we stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The room we received was UNCLEAN. Nobody changed the bed sheets in 4 nights. As we received the room the carpet was not vacuumed, there were pieces/rests on the carpet, the floor at the room entry and the floor/tiles in the restroom looked like nobody clean/washed it in a very long time. The refrigerator had broken parts inside and didn't work properly. There was dust on the furniture in the room also. I talked to the hotel manger and staff twice with no result as they were saying that they will send somebody to clean it but nobody went to clean the room. We were offered another room, we went to take a look and the carpet looked not vacuumed as well and the floor not so clean. It looked just a little better so we didn't change the rooms.
I also got HIVES/BITES all over my body and face because of a BED BUGS ATTACK during our stay at this hotel. As I got home I went to see a doctor and the doctor confirmed that it's a BED BUGS ATTACK that I got at the hotel. My husband said at one time "Look there are some very small spots of blood on the bed sheets" but at that time we didn't realize that was bed bugs. The only reason my husband didn't got the bites is because he slept in another bed (we had 2 queen beds; also as he is tall (6.2 ft.) he slept in the other bed to be comfortable while we sleep).
I spent a lot of money on my doctor's visits and treatment for these HIVES/BITES on my body and face because of the BED BUGS ATTACK that I got at this hotel. I also have nightmares now with bed bugs jumping out of my body and my husband also with bugs and spiders coming into our bed.
PLEASE PLEASE go and look for another hotel in the area if you read this review, don't go to this hotel. The hotel staff is interested in taking your money only! I'm sure there are many other nice and clean hotels in the area. Good Luck!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DANIELA M
PanamaCityHotel, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Sorry for your unpleasant stay and misunderstanding. We do not have bed bugs in hotel. We have third party pest control company that services the hotel monthly and inspect for bed bugs. The hotel is seven years old and we never had any bed bug problems.. We have documentation from pest control the the hotel does not have any bed bugs. We will be more than happy to show documentation to our guest if requested. We have just gone through a major renovation for upgrading the hotel to Comfort Inn & Suites.