“Just a hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Panama City
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Panama City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dalton, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed only one night, well let me revise...we TRIED to stay one night, couldn't take the odor, so we stayed from 1p to 10p and drove home 7 hours. We should have known right out of the gate that we were in for trouble when the person who greeted us was extremely rude. My husband asked to speak with a manager who, wouldn't you know it, was not coming in at all and there was no other manager at all to help us. When my husband asked for her name more than was on her name tag to report her behavior, she refused to give it to him because she knew she had been so extraordinarily hateful. The pool is TEENSIE. And the room, oddly, has mirrors going the ENTIRE LENGTH of the room. Which is so peculiar. Are they that tiny that they need this effect. Do I want to see myself every second I'm in the room? This may not bother some, but it drove me crazy. It also had a terrible, clinical, cheap nursing home odor. Strong odor. My little four year old kept asking why our room was so "Minty". They beds felt ok when we tried to lie on them. Bathroom was what you expect, except super small and very basic. The toilet paper is on the wall across from the toilet so you have to get up and REACH to get your toilet paper. We couldn't handle it so we just decided to leave. When we left we could hear couples arguing outside. It didn't seem like the safest area with a billboard just down the road stating how the community needs to "Take itself back from the gangs". I wouldn't waste your time here.

Cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Enjoyed the time at the hotel. The staff was friendly and rates are affordable. I will stay again and refer a friend.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Sebring, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The room was very small. As we entered there was a strong smell - like a perfume or air freshened trying to cover up something. As we were laying in bed we looked up and noticed that there was no smoke alarm. I was told it must have been stolen. That may be but I'd guess if an inspector came to check this hotel the lack of the smoke alarm would cause a problem.
When we entered the room our second evening I noticed something move on the night stand - a cockroach. A few minutes later we found 6 cockroaches running on the wall. When I told them at the front desk they acted surprised and said the Orken people had just sprayed.
The shower did not work well. I almost burned myself because it was very difficult to regulate the water temp - I kept turning it toward cold (all the way until it turned off) and it was still very warm!
I was very disappointed in this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham