“You get what you pay for.”

Sunbird Condominiums
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed in unit 212W.

The Sunbird is on the beach, but this unit is not on the beach.
You have a view of the beach, and the parking lot, and pineapple willie's (and their dumpster). The complex overall is in dire need of TLC. Cleaning the pools would be a good start. There was always stuff floating on top of the water. The chairs by the pool were nice. You must buy pool bands for $3/each, which were never checked.....after I bought them.

Our unit was so dirty we had to go buy cleaning supplies so that we could stay. The owner already had his money & who wants to spend a short vacation dealing with such?? There is tile floor throughout, except the bedroom. The floors appeared to never get mopped and maybe only swept. We kept our shoes on the entire time. The fridge was dirty. There were washcloths from previous guests were hanging in the bathroom (gross!!), hair in the tub, and a mildewed shower curtain. The bed was old but clean and you could sleep on it. Dishwasher was not attached to the cabinetry and would rock out when you opened it (Not sure how that is allowed).

The furniture was worn and outdated. The window blind in the bedroom would not lower and had a nice pilowcase attached to it to partially cover the window. The air conditioner was very loud and in the bedroom. The sliding door to the balcony had a broken screen door w/ no screen in it. The vertical blinds on the sliding door were missing slats and would not close. Not good when you're on the 2nd floor with constant traffic beside you from pineapple willies and the beach (guests at the laketown wharf also use this as an access to the beach).

We overheard others in the pool area talking about their disappointment as well.

The Sunbird needs a facelift and some TLC. Many of the units were missing screens for the windows or had screens that were ripped. Needs painting. Just looks bad when compared to newer/nicer places.

Road work woke us up every morning and at 6am on Saturday morning.

We had some teenagers above us that were loud and who yelled at passers-by till 2am. There was no one on-site to handle the problem. We had to call someone who said to call someone else. The kids did not stop. Have no idea where any adults were. Never saw any security at all and gates were left up all during the day.

You get what you pay for.
If you want to stay somewhere nice.....The Sunbird is NOT the place.
If you want to stay somewhere really cheap on the beach.......sign up.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank happytravelinggirl

Reviewed 19 June 2011

My stay started off good, 1207w is a very nice room but the person that cleans the room does not do a good job. The condo is in a good spot on the beach but allot of traffic on road. I ran into a few problems that you should know about. I called and booked this room for 7 nights and on the morning of the 7th day I get a knock on the door at 10am telling me I had to leave and that they had booked the room to another party. Come to find out they had only charged me for 6 nights. They told me they would put me in another room but I'd have to load my stuff in the car and wait till 4pm till the room was ready. So if you book a room here double check you dates and what they charge you for. They also have a vendor that rents beach chairs on the beach. He pulls his chairs right down to the water so if you don't want to pay the high price for his chairs you will have to walk a ways down the beach to get near the water. They do offer wi fi but the signal is so bad it don't work most of the time. Over all I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011
7  Thank jamesscribner
Reviewed 11 May 2011

My husband and I have been going to the Sunbird for the past 6 years the week after Christmas. When we first started staying there we rented from an on site rental company and when they left we rented from RA. We have since decided that that we will no longer rent from RA but a new onsite rental company that shows pictures of the rooms on line.
We have stayed in some beautiful condo's at the Sunbird over the years and will continue to go back.
It has great security and wonderful views and everyone we have dealt with has been wonderful. We have always had clean accomodations and will go back because of the location and view.

Room Tip: Rent through Beachside Resorts Onsite
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sworker
Reviewed 23 March 2011

This is a good value , for a weekend getaway, It may don't have all the luxury but it is on a good location, beautiful view to the ocean, clean and good customer service. If you want an updated unit you just need to ask for it and pay the extra $. Overall we have a great time.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sweetvivi
Reviewed 2 May 2010

paid 280.00 for friday and sat night 77.32 cleanin fee,300.00 DEPOSIT we stayed in ROOM 802 west VERY OLD LOOKING WITH LIKE 70;S DECOR THE BED WAS AS OLD THE PULL OUT WAS EVEN WORSE the air unit between 801 AND 802 made noises all night

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank lcooper85
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Just came back from PCB during Spring Break (April) with my teenage daughter (and friend) and had a great time. The Sunbird was a nice resort, but the larger pool was not heated and the heated pool was way too small - that is the only bad thing I would have to say. Security was very friendly, did a great job and the place was clean. Rented from Lucy Massey who also did a great job and was wonderful to work with. Stayed in 407 E and can't say enough about this beautiful and spacious condo. It was clean- housekeeping did a great job and were friendly - and the place had everything to make my stay enjoyable - I didn't have to pack a thing. Everything was well kept and practically new. The view was spectacular - I will be back to stay in this condo.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank CMSmith_99
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We stayed in unit 703E. We paid a $15.00 parking fee and a refundable $150 security deposit which was refunded a week after the stay. We checked out the place and minor details were taken care of by the next day. With these "E" condos the sunrises are amazing, but the actual sunset is blocked by the building. Most of the units have a sunrise or sunset choice . It has 3 pools and is next door to Pineapple Willies where the Grouper basket is OUT OF SIGHT! We spent morning and evenings at St. Andrews State Park watching the wildlife. We had a year pass I believe it was $80.00. We enjoyed the balcony and had a wonderful time! See the photo taken from our condo.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank snellvillegirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panama City
Sunbird Suites
Sunbird Suites
#68 of 82 in Panama City Beach
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City B...
#4 of 48 in Panama City Beach
#4 of 31 in Panama City
Holiday Inn  Panama City
Holiday Inn Panama City
#2 of 31 in Panama City

Been to Sunbird Condominiums? Share your experiences!