We arrived at 730pm and no one was at the desk to check in. I called the number for customer service and they said they would get the key...but lost the reservation...10 min later they found the reservation but couldn't figure our how to get the key to me. I was shuffled around to three different departments where no one answered so i left measages and called back. when someone did answer they told me they'd get right on it and i never heard from or saw them again. After another HOUR AND A HALF, where I had to keep calling to remind them I was waiting for a key...I finally talked to a manager, Elaine, who was unbelievably rude and told me I would have to pay another $124 for the room as a "cleaning fee and risk waiver", or I could find somewhere else to stay. She never even apologized for our wait time. So after forking over more than the cost of one night in the horrible, small, hot (AC didn't work) room, we were finally given a code for the lock box we sat in front of for 90+ min.
Kayla in customer service is the only positive I have to report about this place, she was kind and tried to help, though not to any avail.
Checkout is at 10 am and late check out is offered for $17.50/hr (w/ 12 hrs advance notice) or $21/hr.
Bottom line: don't fall for the 'super saver' deals for this place bc the surprise charges are lurking behind that price. Place is not worth the price and they management should be ashamed of their employees customer service. I have stayed at Rosemary Beach often and would rather have paid a little more (really not much more at the end of the day) and stayed somewhere people are courteous, helpful, and prepared for late arrivals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village of South Walton Beach is nestled in between Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach along the scenic 30-A corridor of the Beaches of South Walton. Step back in time as you enter the cobblestone streets and lamp lit passageways of the Village of South Walton Beach. With old world charm, southern hospitality and the natural beauty of the area, this is sure to be a place where memories are made. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village of South Walton by Oaseas Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Of South Walton By Oaseas Hotel Panama City
- Village Of South Walton By Oaseas Resorts Panama City, Florida