“Nasty hotel”

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Willits, California, United States
“Nasty hotel”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Wow I got a 10 percent discount that made my hotel bill for 1 night 85.10. The first room that we were put in the beds were so tilted and mattresses so old it was gross. I asked for a refund so I could find a new hotel and they told me there was a no refund policy that I had signed. The second room had freaking toenail clippings next to the bedside table. really gross! Maids? Guess not! Very unhappy about this hotel. If you are a construction worker and just need a place to stay I guess the weekly rates are good. Not for me!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trisha M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Austin
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This motel is great if you just need a place to sleep. Good water pressure and hot showers.

Beach access consisted of a backyard sized lot filled with white sand and a fence blocking off either side.

The bar was hosting kareoke night when we arrived, that was fun. But the restrooms smelled of urine so much that it spread out into the bar.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rebecca B
South Floorida
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed here two night s in November 2011.

It is a older hotel but is clean and the management is responsive. What more could you want. I would definatly stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 October 2011

The hotel is very convenient to the water and has it's own private beach area. The best meal we ever ate was at the hotel restaurant....we will eat there everytime we go. Thanks for such a great experience...from check-in to check-out.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Be M
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 30 September 2011

After Traveling NW Florida all day with dissappointing results we were whupped. we had been to the Florida Caverns (They were closed in the middle of the week and wouldn't re-open for 2 days) We had been to Florida's only waterfall (it was dry) and we had been to Panama City Beach to find a nice Gulf side Hotel/Motel to relax ... It was a construction nightmare with rude hotel frontdesks and even ruder prices, by this time we were beat down we left that area for Panama City and came to the Buccaneer Beach Motel, They were very nice there however the place seemed older and perhaps rundown but upon inspection, the rooms tho older were well maintained and clean there was a wonderful view of the sunset over the gulf, there was a nice pool over looking the bay, a small beach, a party saloon and a restaurant with very good food. we swam, dined in comfort and were grateful at our find. I would stay there again. I hope they keep up with their maintenance plan and fair pricing.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get rooms with balconies overlooking the Bay
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank 40zees
Mount Pleasant, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We came to PCB for a Labor day weekend this month and we really enjoyed the entertainment and the restaurant. It was my first time to the ocean and I could not belive the beautiful water and the sand and the motel was wonderful and Sandra the front desk lady was the greatist. She helped me find things for my husband and I to do on the sat. morning and also told me that at 5 am in the morning if you go out on the dock you can see the dolphins and be able to swim with them. But that sat. morning it was raining and you really couldn't see out in the ocean or see the dolphins at all but I will get to see them the next time we come which just might be the 23 of this month. We enjoyed the Jimmy Buffet and the people that were there. They have this gettogether every 1st friday of the month and luck had it we were there to enjoy it. If you want a really greeeeeeate pleace to stay the Buccaneer Beach Motel is the place to stay. eveyone is soooooooo nice and friendly and help you when you have a question about anything. I give it a 5 star and will be back. The rooms were clean and very nice to sleep in. Heard no noises at night or anything, not even the strom that came in on sat. morning. great place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in on the bottom floor right across from the POOL., BEACH And Restuarany Sweet
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nadine t
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stay in PCB about once a month and since finding the Buccaneer we have stayed no where else! Pet friendly with a "Doggie" beach and enough love and attention from the staff to swell my German Shepherd's already inflated ego. VERY friendly staff and an outstanding restaurant. Really, I can't say enough how much I love the food here!
The bar is a great little spot with dancing and really cheap drinks as well as an upbeat crowd.
The atmosphere is very relaxed and informal. Staff will not follow you around or chase you down to tell you to observe whatever B.S. rules other motels enforce. (Just don't get out of hand and ruin it for everyone)
My wife and I do not enjoy the party life of the Front Beach Road/ Touristy areas and this property being located Bayside is perfectly quiet little get away! You really don't have to leave the property to enjoy yourself.
Prices are low for the area and the rooms are clean and spacious. This is an older place, so don't expect 5 star luxury. The crowd tends to be late 20's and up, but most people are in the late 30's-40's age range.
Every stay has been enjoyable for us and we will continue to return for as long as we remain in the area.

Room Tip: There are suites overlooking the Bay for an additional fee.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Seahaven Beach Hotel
#31 of 48 in Panama City Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Panama City

Been to Buccaneer Beach Motel? Share your experiences!