“Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Buccaneer Beach Motel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Hartford, Al
“Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel June 9, 2012. It was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms were filthy dirty, chewed up finger nails on the carpet. You couldnt walk on the carpet in bare feet or your feet will be black. All the counter tops and furniture was also dirty llike it has not been cleaned in a very long time. I will never reccoment or stay here ever again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JuliaH64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mascoutah, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2012

From the moment I arrived at the motel, I was treated like not just a guest but like an old friend. The Buccaneer is a fantastic place to stay! Not only affordable but it is a very relaxing experience!

Room Tip: Rooms with the back beach doors are amazing.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I figured it was on the beach, how bad could it be? It was pretty bad. Room was dirty and we weren't even sure we should stay once we checked in. But it was late and our options were limited. The beach area wouldn't be bad if they'd clean it up and do some painting. As it was, I wasn't sure if my children should even get in the water there. Down the road in Panama City Beach, the beach area is beautiful. Not so much here. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here.

2 Thank sportsscribe
kmoulder, General Manager at Buccaneer Beach Motel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
We at the Buccaneer Beach Motel take pride in taking good care of our guests. We are an older property but we take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms. We do not like to hear that your room was in this condition and wish that it was brought to our attention at your time of stay so that the problem could have been addressed immediately. Without knowing about the problems we are not able to fix them. As for the beach area and the water, we can not control the water color and clarity in the bay. We clearly state on our web site that we are located on the bay and not the Gulf of Mexico, where the water is much prettier but the room rates are much higher on the Gulf of Mexico also. We thank you for you input and we wish you would have enjoyed your stay as much as our other guests do.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Malvern, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were enticed by the thought f being on the beach. It was dirty. We did however see a lot of mollusks, crabs, hermit crabs and a sea urchin. Got in the room and the counter in the bathroom was streaked with cleaner, the mirror ad spots on it. Raised the toilet lid and there was a pubic hair and urine. The room was absolutely filthy. I had massive acid reflux or we would have eft. I pulled all the covers off the bed and made the kids use their sleeping bags. It was so nasty. If I had not been in pain, we would have left. There were a lot of people partying down below (it appeared to be locals) and they left trash everywhere. We could not get out of this place quick enough. The room was so nasty, I brushed my teeth at McDonalds. I am not a picky person, but this was crazy. When I went to turn in the key, there was other people complaining about the nastiness.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else
2 Thank Maddiekatesmom
Helena, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The firsat night we got to listen to some sort of hispanic music by some guys downstairs while they had chairs outside their room, the doors open on their car and stereo up high. The more intoxicated they became, to more they harassed the vacationers. The next night there was a wedding for the owners daughter, all of the amenities were closed but no discount was given. Wedding guests had a tent set up in the parking lot and all sort of sexually explicit words were hollered. The TV in our room did not work, when I called aout it, I was told how to fix it, not aksed if I would ind, or maintenance sent, just fix it yourself. Then were were to be moved to another room, but would only have 1 king bed for my wife, myself, and the 2 kids. The Sea-Doo broke down on us, we still had to pay. We were offered free hour on them the next day, then the offer was retracted when we showed up to ride them, yet nobody else rode them all day. We asked for tiolet paper Saturday at 1 pm, I had to go get it Sunday morning by myself after 3 calls and no service. The roolm was not the one we originally booked, even before the downgrade. This was the worst stay ever. Thn they double charged our card 5 days later and wont refund the fees and money. Had to file charge back.

Room Tip: Stay away from here if you want a good room. The only upside to this place was the location and the...
2 Thank Matt35080
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed two nights here and were disappointed with our experience. The room had an old musty smell that hit us when we opened the door. The green carpet appeared old and worn. No signs of bed bugs but we did have a spider in the bed. The shower / bath had signs of mold. The sub floor under the tub is likely rotten as it felt like I was surfing when taking a shower. We had one roll of toiet paper and had to go find the cleaning cart to get more. We had to call multiple times for towels. There was a very wide range of people seen in the parking lot - many walking around with open containers of beer. The best part of the trip was the restaurant. The food was fantastic - especially their breakfasts. Better than anything I've had at some of the very best hotels. Overall, we wouldn't stay there again. But we would stop for breakfast!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Partyof9
Willits, California, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Wow I got a 10 percent discount that made my hotel bill for 1 night 85.10. The first room that we were put in the beds were so tilted and mattresses so old it was gross. I asked for a refund so I could find a new hotel and they told me there was a no refund policy that I had signed. The second room had freaking toenail clippings next to the bedside table. really gross! Maids? Guess not! Very unhappy about this hotel. If you are a construction worker and just need a place to stay I guess the weekly rates are good. Not for me!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple