“Excellent Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay and the room and bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was tasty and not too far from the beach. The bed was big and comfortable and the price was great. Check-in and Check-out was fast and easy and no unexpected charges.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here while visiting family. It is nice that the hotel accommodates families and pets but the first room we were given was on a floor where there were incessant barking dogs. They never shut up! We had to have our room changed to another floor to get peace. That room had a very strong orange chemical smell, probably to hide pet odors, I had to open a window to get fresh air. That made me concerned that the carpet may not be clean.
There was no exhaust fan and the double bathroom doors made it hard to have privacy. The room was nicely decorated and roomy. The breakfast in the lobby was very good and we all enjoyed the waffles. Parking was plentiful and convenient, as was the location. About 15 - 20 minutes drive to the Air Force Base.

Room Tip: If you don't have pets, ask for a room away from rooms with pets to avoid excess noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel was clean and without odors. Bathroom door was actually two doors which were very hard to open once closed. Breakfast included waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels.
Elevators were very slow. Free parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed for one night and it is a very nice hotel. Everything in the room was good, very spacious. I can't comment on the continental breakfast, because we didn't try it. The only thing anyone should be aware of is the hotel is right next to the highway, so you will hear a lot of traffic during the day. It was quiet during the nighttime. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

relatively clean and pleasant hotel, bathrooms clean, carpeting could use a better cleaning. good breakfast, variety of fruits, waffles, juices, etc. slow elevators. can hear dogs barking and babies crying (could use a little better noise reduction) would stay there again good location, about 10 minutes drive time to the beach area. nice part of town. very central location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was driving by and found this hotel by chance. I was in the area for a week long seminar and had booked at different hotel. We stayed one night at the other hotel and was so disgusted with the accommodations we left the next morning. I drove by another property looking for another place to stay before I stopped at LaQuinta. I was visibly upset about my situation when I went to the front desk. The young lady, Jessica, was so gracious. She offered me two room keys so I could go look at two room types without me even asking! That won me over. I booked the next four nights and had the best sleep I have ever had away from home. The room was very clean and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. Every single staff person at that hotel was wonderfully friendly! From the front desk to the maintenance man who was working on a project in the room next door ( he offered to help me open my door while my hands were full) . I have great respect for people in the hospitality field who have to deal with all types of guests and keep smiling. The staff at this location are exceptional! The hotel property is lovely in-spite of being at a busy corner. The landscaping by the pool area was nicely done and I spent many hours reading by the pool while I was there. A very thoughtful feature was the handicapped access to the pool and spa. I am not handicapped but a hotel that considers the needs of all their guests impressed me. The breakfast was simple and welcome (no breakfast at the other hotel we stayed at). You can make waffles, toast a bagel, have yogurt,fruit,eggs, and juice. I was happy!!!! And it was less $$ than where we originally booked to stay in Panama City. Truthfully, I just wanted a clean bed to sleep in and would have paid more if I had to. Fortunately I found this hotel and got so much more value for my money. The choices of places to stay in Panama City are limited to older properties that have been minimally maintained. There were very few properties that appeared to be newer. This LaQuinta was likely one of the newest hotels in the entire area. If I go back to Panama City I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Betty E
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I normally performs a quick wipe down of the tables and counters once we enter to stay in a hotel room. Due to having kids and protecting our family from bacteria causing illnesses, we are aware that sometimes its a smart idea to do a quick lysol spray or wipe down. During our normal "wipe down", we noticed our paper towels were so dark and dirty!! Housekeeping truly performs a poor job with cleaning rooms. We literally had to deeply wipe down the table, bed side table, microwave, fridge and bathroom counter-toliet-tub and shower! Once we finished, the towels were dark.....which clearly meant these items aren't fully cleaned if the "naked eye" is unable to see any dirt or uncleanliness!! The bed skirts had white stains on them, which clearly proves they aren't removed during room cleaning. The sink had mold underneath the handle and rim. The shower curtain was not cleaned nor changed out, since black mold was seen clearly at the bottom. The ironing board cover was so dirty, that we had to use a towel to cover it. While leaving out one night, we literally witnessed the front desk clerk picking up the towels from the floor, placing them on the "check-in" counter, in order to fold them and hand them to guest to use!!! Isn't there an actual laundry room for this? Why is the front desk clerk doing laundry instead of housekeeping themselves doing it? Does this location care about cleanliness, proper sanitation, proper housekeeping procedures? We chose this location due to the posted pictures and good reviews that we witnessed online. Before we started to fully re-clean our room, we asked to be moved to another room....we were denied....asked for refund....we were denied. Truly this is our last stay. If your ok with an average cleaned room for ur family.....then you'll be fine to stay. But if your a mom who expects a higher standard of cleanliness for her family....then please go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014