“Mini Vacay!”

Sterling Breeze
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
“Mini Vacay!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Ok first I want to start this by saying the room was BEAUTIFUL! We had a 2 bedroom, 3 bath, plus bunk room. There were 6 of us and we had more than enough room! The beaches were lovely and the pool was great! Check in was a breeze but we did not arrive until after 8pm so there was no waiting for the elevator. Now the reasons this is just getting 3 and not 5 stars.....upon check out we had a time just trying to get out of the place! The fact that they only have 2 elevators never bothered us until then. We waited for one for 30 minutes just to get down to get a cart! There really should be another set of elevators :)That is my only complaint about this place!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Villa Rica, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

There are only 2 elevators for this resort, thats right 2!. There was a 30 minute wait on the first day of check-in for an elevator. People and their carts(those lucky enough to find one) were lined up across the bridge to the parking deck waiting on the one elevator that was operational. The pool is far too small for this resort. There is only one and it is jammed. None of the photos from the hotel show the drainage pipe that empties into the gulf in front of Sterling Breeze. It is spewing a nasty colored liquid into the gulf and has washed away the beach and created a nasty "cliff". You have to trapse through the lobby to get to the pool or the beach. The lobby floor is soaking wet and like an ice skating rink. The balconies have an odd angle that allows you to see inside of everyone else's "private balcony". I thought the grill that is listed as a positive so often would be a great plus. It is quiet the opposite. It was filthy and everyone burns the crap off of their grill and you find yourself sucking down smoke on the balconies. This codo is priced on the upper end of the scale and is a lower end unit. We will not return.

Room Tip: stay off the top floors, the elevators are horrible!
1 Thank Greg T

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

The property was nice & clean. The staff was nice but the service left much to be desired. We stayed there during a softball tournament my daughter was in (The World Series) for 7 days. My husband took off work even though he needed not to take off he didn't want to miss her last year of travel ball, so he brought work with him so he could still work remotely. The first night there, there wasn't any cable, internet, phone or texting at all. The next day there was cable, internet worked but you had to have a cable & the were all out of them. The entire week there was no cell phone service or texting inside the condo, so we had to go outside to make any calls. They never came up with another cable to hook into the internet so we had to purchase one for all 4 of us to share (you can imagine that with 2 teens & a husband trying to work particularly with no cell phone service. The only 2 days we had to sleep in they decided to do balcony repairs in the morning for about 2 hours, the noise was so loud & non stop. We weren't informed about the lack of services when we booked this condo & we should have been so we had the option to choose if that would work for us or not. It did not. We were not informed of the construction so perhaps we wouldn't have had to scramble out the door to escape the unbelievable noise in our room. Last two things, even though it was a non smoking property we had smokers above us that smoked in the morning & at night, the 2 times we tried to sit on the balcony & enjoy the ocean. The security guard spoke to them twice but they continued & were allowed to continue their stay despite the effect it had on us. They put our room at the end right next to the garbage shoot and the smell to & from our room down a long hall was absolutely repulsive! Particularly since we had to go outside more often so we could use our phone. We could have gotten the same or much better service for less money that's for sure. I will never stay there again & I do not recommend it to anyone. It was a stressful stay & that is an understatement. I felt like I was in the dark ages.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the end by the trash shoot. Ask if they will have an internet cable guaranteed for...
2 Thank shellyrenee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The 2 bedroom + bunk room, 3 bath condo was perfect for my family of 9. The condo was spacious and included a balcony with an electric grill (that we put to use). The living room was the perfect size for family meals and movie time. The condo sits right on the gulf providing a beautiful view for every room. The kids made good use of the jacuzzi and pool! The wait to get into the room was terribly long and when we entered, the floors were still wet. Nevertheless, our stay was enjoyable and the accommodations were very nice for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank suzannaAL
Central Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Our family thoroughly enjoyed a week-long stay here. We were in town for a baseball tournament and split the cost with another family. The condo was definitely big enough to accommodate the 4 adults and 4 children. Remember it's a condo and you will need to bring all of your own toiletries (toilet paper, too!) Grocery store was just down the block. Breathtaking views from our 19th floor balcony. Spent many evenings sitting by the pool while kids were swimming. Too bad the bar closes early, we would have enjoyed some pina coladas late into the evening! Bring your blenders (some rooms didn't have one). Only complaint was waiting for elevators....everything else perfect here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank hopetowinlottery
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

My family booked 3 rooms at the Sterling Breeze. All discrepancies were discovered at check-in. Kids are restless, hungry and eager to hit the beach. Adults are highly frustrated and very disppointed, I booked thru Sterling Resorts and my brothers booked thru BookIt.Com. We were told everything was all-inclusive. Lies. Beach chairs and umbrellas - $30 per day. My brothers got some extra cleaning fee. Ridicilous. I requested and was told I would be on the same floor as the crosswalk. Lies. You waste your precious vacation time just waiting for an elevator, especially when checking-in, grocery shopping and checking-out. Requested that bedroom be gulf front. More lies. Bedroom is in the back of the condo where it's noisy - traffic, kids running, people talking loud as they're walking, doors slamming, etc. It's a mess and that's being kind. The comforter on my bed is so lumpy, it looks like someone has left a pile of clothes underneath it. The manager was already aware of the problem. (I couldn't believe she accept this crap.)I understand the lady at the front desk didn't book our reservations. She was very helpful in trying to get matters resolved but of course, her hands are tied. She did offer to refund my fees but she could not refund my brothers. In the meantime, Tidewater has a 3 bedroom condo for less than what I'm paying for a one-bedroom here. I'm a big fan of Tidewater. I only booked here because my brothers and their families are here. The manager said she would listen to the reservation call and that the salesperson would be reprimanded. This isn't a problem with the saleperson. This is a problem with MANAGEMENT. The manager offered to knock off $150 of my reservation. This company needs Customer Service training. I won't return. I'm going where the service is good, where people make keep their word and where the price is right.

3 Thank Davis D
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family just returned from another great beach vacation. We stayed at Sterling Breeze again and everything was great.Stayed on the 10th floor in the middle of the building so we had beautiful views of the ocean, beach and pool.The condo was very clean and beds comfy. We went to Buddy's and picked up fresh fish to grill on the balcony. Try their smoked tuna dip and steamed shrimp- very yummy! We walked to Pier Park for dinner and shopping and went to an outdoor concert one night. Will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family