“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Review of Saltwater Grill

Saltwater Grill
Price range: US$20 - US$42
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: R. Jackson Blvd
Description: As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach restaurant, you will be wowed by the panoramic view of our newly designed 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both our Café dining room and our more intimate Mermaid Room offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Our Gulf fresh seafood and choice steaks are amazing. If you are in the mood for Maine Lobster, you can choose your own from our live lobster tank. After dinner, order a drink or two and have some fun at the beach's only piano bar featuring Michael Rorah
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place is wonderful. They have a huge aquarium to view in the center of the restaurant. We usually sit at the bar and come for happy hour. They have excellent Early Bird and Happy Hour specials! If you plan to sit at the bar, I would get here early because there is limited bar seating. I highly recommend this place especially for their specials.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We appreciate you dining with us, and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Our beautiful 25,000 gallon tropical saltwater aquarium is sure to delight all! Thank you for mentioning our Happy Hour and Early Dinner specials! Both are a great value! Come back and see us soon, and thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Saltwater Grill

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Made reservations for 7 only had to wait a short wait while they got table ready. Very polite staff. Everyone's food was excellent. Best med rare steak I've ever had

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you! As you mentioned, in addition to great selection of Gulf fresh seafood, we also offer hand cut steaks, and prime rib! A little something for everyone. Thank you for your review and I do hope you will join us again!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Go to PBC several times a year. Make it a point to eat at Saltwater Grill every time. Trish always remembers us. Bill our server made it happen for me! I felt like veal and even though it wasn't on the menu, Bill came through with the most tenderest cutlet I've had. My wife had the fish which was cooked just right (normally not a fish eater). If in PBC never pass up the opportunity to eat there. Remember, the area is very crowded in the middle of the summer so get there early or call for a reservation.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

It's always great to have guests join us again! Thank you so very much for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. Bill always does his best to make sure our guests are well taken care of! I'm glad you enjoyed his service. Sounds like the your evening with us was a success! Thank you for dining with us. We will look forward to serving you both again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great restaurant...completely enjoyed our evening...the waiter was excellent, food was equally impressive...creative.

Trish S, General Manager at Saltwater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so very much for dining with us, and for posting your lovely review! I am so pleased that your experience was so enjoyable. I do hope you will join us again on your next visit to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We are also unable to write a review about the food or service because we couldn't wait an EXTRA 30 minutes for a high chair. When asked by the hostess the number in our party, we told her 4. She said the wait would be 30 minutes. When we asked for a high chair for our 13 month old, she told us the wait would be extended to an hour, so my daughter said that's ok, we will just hold him. The hostess said that you couldn't hold your babies because of the amount of space a server has to have access to. This is very confusing, especially for a restaurant who claims to be a family restaurant. At first, we were stunned by the hostesses rudeness, however we left, were greeted warmly by the hostess at Firefly and had a wonderful table and meal, AND most importantly, we had a highchair which was used when our little guy wasn't sitting with his mother.

2  Thank RANDY C

I do apologize for the misunderstanding. When a guest has four plus a highchair, like your group, our goal is to seat you at a table where the highchair will fit appropriately and give your group enough room to dine comfortably. Had you checked in with four plus a highchair, we would have initially seated you at a table that would have comfortably accommodated your group. Our intention was not to have you wait an additional thirty minutes, but rather to give you the next available table that would seat all five of you comfortably (approximately a 5 - 10 minute wait). I am so very sorry for the confusion, and I sincerely apologize for the situation. I do hope that you would choose to join us again, and show you what Saltwater Grill is truly capable of. Thank you.