“Nice resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

Grand Panama Beach Resort
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Nice resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I, our two kids, and my mother-in-law all stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath condo at this resort. The condo was very nicely decorated, comfortable, and had a great view. The beds were comfortable and my older son loved the bunk beds. We were here in October for fall break so I am sure it is not as busy as normal, but it was quiet and we did not have any problems finding spots at the pools. I also want to give a shout out to the guy at the beach hut that does the rentals on the beach-he was very kind and understanding.

The only complaints or warnings that I have for other travelers is this:
I booked our condo through Travelocity and did not read the fine print well enough and was surprised when I went to check in at was told I had to pay another $200 in fees. The front desk lady said that third party sites that sale rooms are not allowed to charge these fees and therefore you do not pay them up front when booking. She said that if I went directly through them it would have all been included. I don't know if it would have been cheaper.

The second thing is that there are a whole lot of bugs (big bugs too) on the balconies at night. I know that the resort probably cannot do a whole lot to help the situation because it is outside at the beach, but It made it a little hard for me to enjoy the nice evening on my deck, Instead I was worrying about what might crawl on me or up my leg.

Overall, I would recommend this resort to travelers with families. This was our first stay at PCB so I may want to try staying somewhere else next time. We were in tower 2 of the building and therefore did not have a beachfront room. If we went back I would try to get a beach front room, but we definitely enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Choose a beach front room!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank aplemmom81
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for providing us with your review. He are glad that you enjoyed your vacation and hope that you will return in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We rode down for Thunder Beach Bike Rally and shared a 3 bedroom condo with another couple. It was a corner unit on the 7th floor and very nicely decorated and clean. We were facing the beach and pool which was another plus. Enjoyed our stay with no complaints at all!! Will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: I like the corner room as you have a better view and if you like the ground floor there were gates f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to your return in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Beautiful views and beautiful condo! we had two young kids and four adults! it was a wonderful sized condo! the kitchen was beautiful and the bathrooms were roomy and very nice! it was quiet. no one carrying on at all hours!
we were right on the beach and the pool was amazing! huge and very nice! the tiki bar was a great option to have for a snack and a drink! the parking deck was easy and connected to the condo! great feature. we were close to great restaurants and close to anything we needed.

we will definitely be having our next family vacation there and will bring friends with us next time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for providing the nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to your return in the future.
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I got married at the Grand Panama Beach Resort and we were very pleased with our experience! Billy, the general manager, and his staff were so accommodating to all of our wedding guests! We had a wedding of 100 guests and most of them stayed at the Grand Panama. The kitchens were updated and fully stocked...the bedrooms were nice and clean. All of the condos were updated and had gorgeous views of the gulf. It's been weeks since our wedding and all of our guests are already planning on their next vacation to the Grand Panama. We will be staying at the Grand Panama for years to come!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alexandria A
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are honored that you chose to get married at Grand Panama and that you were please with your experience. We look forward to your return in the future.
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great place to stay in Panama City Beach. Two towers, one beach side and the other across the street with a covered walkway connecting the two. Nice poolside bar and grill. Gated access to the beach and pool.

Room Tip: Stay on the fifth floor of the beachside tower. That is where the crosswalk is from the parking deck...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank markst67
Tom D, VP of Operations at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this nice review. We know that you have a lot of resorts to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay at Grand Panama. We’re glad that you enjoyed your vacation and hope that you will return in the future.
Franklin, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked through a third party so we didn't know what room we had till we got there. I was very pleasantly surprised. We were on the second floor, gulf front. Even though we were only on the second floor we still had a beautiful view of the ocean. The rooms were very clean. The master bathroom was Awesome but the beds were like sleeping on bricks so uncomfortable! Now for the negative, because that's what we all focus on.....the wifi was HORRIBLE! I called the front desk to ask what the code for the wifi was and was extremely disappointed when they told me they only offer wifi in tower 2 and at the pool?!!! I paid a lot of money and couldn't get wifi? I am one of those people that have to work on vacation ( so I can still afford expensive vacations like this again) and I had to go down to the pool area to work just to get wifi. I could barely pick up the pool wifi from our balcony since we were practically over the pool but even then it was shotty. Also, the tiki bar was closed 5 days out of our 7 day visit. I was told because it was September and "outta season" they didn't make a profit if he opened everyday....I get this but again I spent a lot of money there having been told there was wifi and a bar. Also security was not very good. I never saw a resort worker unless I went to tower 2. Anybody could just walk in. Otherwise my vacation was great but the worry for security and the lack of wifi did keep me stressed on my vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Kayla J
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Please take a minute and give me a call. I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Call Emerald View Resorts direct: 1-850-249-1244 then press 2 - just ask for Tom Donohue
Destin, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at the Grand Panama in April 2013 and had a great condo. There were multiple dents in the stainless steel refrigerator door and the couch had a funky smell on the pillows, but we just threw them on the floor and enjoyed our stay. The condo was lovely and had a great view. Our problems started when we left. About 2 weeks later, we noticed a charge for $75. My husband called and found out it was for carpet cleaning. The condo barley had any carpet and we never spilled anything on the floor. (I had read on trip advisors of others being falsely charge for carpet cleaning after they left). Management agreed to take the charge off. In August we noticed another charge for $39 from the Grand Panama. We were livid. My husband called and was assured the charge would be taken off. Apparently the tiki bar credit card machine was randomly charging former guests and they were trying to take care of the problem. Two weeks later we still hadn't gotten a credit on our account. I called back and was told that we needed to call our bank to dispute the charge. We tried to tell the accountant that this was not our problem and they should be taking care of this on their end. This was the 3rd time we've had to call about one of the bogus charges and it was taking up a lot of time. I hung up and called my bank. I got through to a person who then tried to call the bank's dispute department. She came back on the line and said it would be about a 30 minute wait because they were so busy. Did I want to wait? No. She told me to go online to dispute the charge, which I did. However the banks' link for disputes is not working. So, here I am a month later with no refund and the run around. I feel like this is an issue for the Grand Panama to take care of and make right but they take no responsibility and claim it's the vendor that runs their credit cards fault. I live 50 miles away in Destin and we frequently have functions in PC Beach but we will no longer stay at Grand Panama despite how much we enjoyed our visit. They seem to be out for the mighty buck.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Angella M
Tom D, VP of Operations at Grand Panama Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback. I’d love the opportunity to talk to you about this, please call me directly at 850-329-0477 ext. 2. All of our units are inspected after every cleaning for damages and spills on the carpet, photographed and documented in writing. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the glitch in our credit card system. The charges on the credit cards are for charges made at our Tiki bar. These charges have to be disputed through your bank and/or Credit Card Company and will be refunded or receipts provided to substantiate the charges.