My husband and I, our two kids, and my mother-in-law all stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath condo at this resort. The condo was very nicely decorated, comfortable, and had a great view. The beds were comfortable and my older son loved the bunk beds. We were here in October for fall break so I am sure it is not as busy as normal, but it was quiet and we did not have any problems finding spots at the pools. I also want to give a shout out to the guy at the beach hut that does the rentals on the beach-he was very kind and understanding.
The only complaints or warnings that I have for other travelers is this:
I booked our condo through Travelocity and did not read the fine print well enough and was surprised when I went to check in at was told I had to pay another $200 in fees. The front desk lady said that third party sites that sale rooms are not allowed to charge these fees and therefore you do not pay them up front when booking. She said that if I went directly through them it would have all been included. I don't know if it would have been cheaper.
The second thing is that there are a whole lot of bugs (big bugs too) on the balconies at night. I know that the resort probably cannot do a whole lot to help the situation because it is outside at the beach, but It made it a little hard for me to enjoy the nice evening on my deck, Instead I was worrying about what might crawl on me or up my leg.
Overall, I would recommend this resort to travelers with families. This was our first stay at PCB so I may want to try staying somewhere else next time. We were in tower 2 of the building and therefore did not have a beachfront room. If we went back I would try to get a beach front room, but we definitely enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Panama Beach Resort boasts some of the Emerald Coast’s unrivaled amenities which include 2 Sparkling pools, 2 water spas, pool side Tiki bars and BBQ areas, exercise room, meeting room & 2100 Sq. ft. Conference room , covered secure parking, dining and shopping on site at the Village of Grand Panama, and the area’s best Southern Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Panama Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Panama Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Grand Panama Beach Resort Panama City Beach, Florida