“Food was flavorfull, our particular server was great.. the others??”
Review of The Back Porch

The Back Porch
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Back Porch Seafood and Oyster House has been serving Gulf seafood, raw oysters and ice cold beer since 1974. We were the first to serve chargrilled Amberjack along the Gulf Coast. Stop by The Back Porch for a great meal, fantastic Gulf views and an unpretentious atmosphere that will take you back in time. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My mother and I went for a late lunch/early evening dinner after a day of shopping. We knew we were in a tourist trap but upward near $30 for fried food is ridiculous, fresh or not. The restaurant was clean, the bathrooms were not. The floors were soaked (looked like a toilet or all toilets were leaking). we were assured that the AC was out (Mid summer?? WHY) and bathroom were "sweating". regardless they need a bathroom attendant, only ONE stall had toilet paper. there was water all over the sink, and paper towels stuck everywhere. Looked like a half--- job of cleaning after the rush of lunch.
moving on to our meal-- it was tasty, we had everything we needed and our server (Edgar) was very attentive. So was I. I noticed while he was actually doing his job behind the bar and in his section there was a gang of servers congregating around the kitchen doors. someone could have easily relieved him or CLEANED the bathrooms. No one was doing their job! The manager was nice, checked on us and our food

needless to say, I would order togo next time. the bathroom and a cluster of individuals not working was not a welcoming sign to be around. you feel like youre either being talked about, not important to your server, or they just do not care.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant has good food, but they do not have a lunch menu. So, our lunch was about 30.00 each. That was for a normal plate of grilled shrimp, nothing fancy. We were surprised that no lunch menu was offered.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We tried a variety of items on the menu, all were well prepared. I don't think you can go wrong with any selection. It is a laid back atmosphere, some outside dining options. it is very busy establishment, but we had a relatively short wait.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ate lunch NO waiting for a party of 13! They seated us, took our order, and had drinks to us in a matter of minutes. This was my first time at The Back Porch. The items seemed to be pricey to me, until I saw the servings. I was not able to finish the whole meal. In fact the chicken with bacon and cheese fed me and my daughter for supper! Well worth the cost. Friendly staff and super clean.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Be prepared for a long wait. The food choices were many.

I chose grilled grouper sandwich and my wife chose fried amberjack sandwich. Kind of expensive. Of course, it is a tourist place. It is summer. The place is busy. Still the price shock does not go away. They gave a lot of french fries to make it a really heavy meal.
The service was a bit slow. Maybe, they are short of personnel. The place is awfully big - indoors and outdoors.